4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 73

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Although no timeline is set for the demolition, university spokesperson Jodi Walker told the Idaho Statesman that the school plans to have the house knocked down by the end of the spring semester."
I think the university should schedule the demolition over Spring Break when most of the students are not in town...
Moo

Im not sure it is a good idea to knock it down soooo soon.
The house might still hide some secrets.
Maybe. I'd kind of doubt it though. I expect the house has been pretty thoroughly processed. And it's not as though there's any doubt over CoD of the victims for example or whether a victim was found far from where he/she was killed. It sounds like even the times of death are pinned down more than is often the case. But regardless, if the university plans for the house to be gone by the end of this semester, doing the work over break isn't a bad idea, IMO. I don't know if that's realistic so far as finding a demo company.
JMO

Maybe. I'd kind of doubt it though. I expect the house has been pretty thoroughly processed. And it's not as though there's any doubt over CoD of the victims for example or whether a victim was found far from where he/she was killed. It sounds like even the times of death are pinned down more than is often the case. But regardless, if the university plans for the house to be gone by the end of this semester, doing the work over break isn't a bad idea, IMO. I don't know if that's realistic so far as finding a demo company.
JMO
I wish they would wait as well. Some years ago here, a man killed his wife and his Dad helped dispose of her body. It took them several years to prove it all. The police searched their home several times and eventually ripped out something - I think flooring and a built in - and found her blood where it had seeped under the floor and the built in.

I wish they would wait as well. Some years ago here, a man killed his wife and his Dad helped dispose of her body. It took them several years to prove it all. The police searched their home several times and eventually ripped out something - I think flooring and a built in - and found her blood where it had seeped under the floor and the built in.
Those who are saying it's too soon could be right. But with the sort of crime it was, unless LE missed fingerprints left in blood, I'm not sure the building can offer more help. There's no doubt there were murders on site, no doubt who the victims were, no doubt the murder weapon was a knife (I guess that could have been left hidden in the house but I really doubt it.) At any rate, I can't be quite imagine the university leaving it standing until after the trial. Realistically a trial could be years away.
JMO

Yes, point well taken.
I only meant that since the pictures were out there on social media, it might be normal enough to save some of them without being necessarily involved with the killings, although taken together with other evidence, it factors in.

But for example, I’ve seen Facebook pictures of people with their dogs, or their yard, and saved them because I liked the pictures or the dogs etc., without having any obsession or intentions whatsoever. A young guy might want to save pics of Maddie for similar innocuous reasons. But of course added to other evidence it’s somewhat telling.
Absolutely. I agree with you that by itself--even before the murders--following someone on social media doesn't mean much. And it doesn't mean much if the photos were collected after the murders. The articles I've read so far leave out the most important detail: the when of it.

JMO
But what if there was an accomplice?
Who knows?
And the evidence of this is still there?
Why the hurry?
I think it is better to wait till the trial.

Haste makes waste, no?

JMO

I would imagine that there will be some investigators on site during the demolition process. As they dismantle the structure, they might take additional samples, although I guess at this point the only thing they would be looking for is more of BK’s DNA. If there is blood that had not been accessed and tested, they would have to test just to show that it was not a mixture that included some other dude.

Who knows?
Why the hurry?

Haste makes waste, no?

JMO
Maybe. But a deserted building is a liability to its owner even when it's not a murder site. And since a UI spokesperson said it would be torn down this semester and the university president said "Demolition also removes efforts to further sensationalize the crime scene" I don't think it will be left standing. The prelim is still months away and it's not as though LE hasn't released the scene. But that's just MOO.

Maybe. But a deserted building is a liability to its owner even when it's not a murder site. And since a UI spokesperson said it would be torn down this semester and the university president said "Demolition also removes efforts to further sensationalize the crime scene" I don't think it will be left standing. The prelim is still months away and it's not as though LE hasn't released the scene. But that's just MOO.
Yup, this is a liability waiting to happen. There is 24/7 security in place as it is, and the families want it torn down sooner rather than later.

They need to get rid of it.

I wouldn't be surprised that police have already pulled up floors or removed wallboard as needed to investigate. The killer was likly in the house only a couple of minutes, so I don't think there would be much evidence that wasn't already obtained.

I actually thought that the Jury would visit the house during the trial.

We’ve had such a hard time figuring out who slept where etc, that the Jury might need to see the house in person.

I guess not.

Tearing down the house makes perfect sense. It will be interesting to see how quickly it happens.

MOO

Who knows?
Why the hurry?

Haste makes waste, no?

JMO

I agree that there’s no hurry. Personally, I seriously don’t believe that any noticeable degree of ‘healing’ will come from demolishing the house. That concept would be laughable, if there was anything funny about the situation, which there isn’t. So, specially no hurry.

MOO

I actually thought that the Jury would visit the house during the trial.

We’ve had such a hard time figuring out who slept where etc, that the Jury might need to see the house in person.

I guess not.

Tearing down the house makes perfect sense. It will be interesting to see how quickly it happens.

MOO
Do you think they may be given a virtual walk through? As in video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419