4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shovel might be normal to have but since they are looking for evidence it’s irudent to see if the shovel has any specific soil, spores or micro evidence of where it might have been used.
I worked for the Soil Conservation Service for 27 years. Soil varies a great deal—even in your lawn; however some soils are unique to certain areas. Soils in ID, WA, are different from those in other places. Might learn a lot from this analysis. JMO

How many attorneys does BK have?

The media does not have to prove its rights, those rights are inherent in the legal presumption that public documents should be made public with few exceptions.

This is not a good argument. BK needs to show prejudice would arise in a clear & convincing manner that makes such a sweeping gag order necessary.

Making the media continue seeking amendments to the writ as a remedy is pure obfuscation by the state IMO (and they know it).

MY OPINION ONLY

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
Absurd rebuttal.
jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

The media does not have to prove its rights, those rights are inherent in the legal presumption that public documents should be made public with few exceptions.

This is not a good argument. BK needs to show prejudice would arise in a clear & convincing manner that makes such a sweeping gag order necessary.

Making the media continue seeking amendments to the writ as a remedy is pure obfuscation by the state IMO (and they know it).

MY OPINION ONLY

But what public documents are being illegally kept secret? IMO, this isn't about public documents. This is about not trying BK in the media. While the media's rights are protected, so are BK's and I'd argue that BK's rights to a fair trial by a jury of his peers >>>>>>>>> the Daily Mail's right to make the prosecution's case for it. In all honesty, before the Internet, most of us would never hear the sordid details of a case until trial. We'd hear about it in the papers, tabloids, and tabloid television like A Current Affair, but those blurbs were nothing compared to what's available now. IMO, cases like this must be guarded more carefully to insure that not only the perp gets a fair trial, but that the victims get justice. All the information will be out in due time for those of us who are dying to know (and I am one of them; I'm very curious), but in the meantime, I think a gag order makes complete sense.

MOO.

PA is different, I guess? I have friends who grew up in Maine, New Hampshire. Some still have houses there now. I went to school in the Berkshires for 6 years (4+2) and spent the first 28 years of my life in the city of Boston. Traveling often up into New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont. Frequented NYC and Upstate New York to visit friends. Fall, Spring, Summer, and the dead of winter.

Never had a shovel in my trunk. Never knew anyone who had a shovel in their truck. But then again I lived in California and always laughed at people who rode around with snow chains in their trunk. I never knew those even existed. Maybe us New Englanders are just different? MOO
Grew up in NJ and always carried a shovel in my trunk. SIngle girl, going to school, I have had to dig myself out a few times.

Unlikely that it's a New England thing as I spent half my life in New England and always had a shovel as did my neighbors/friends. You never had to shovel your car out after a storm just to back up? I sure did. It's just part of winter driving safety to have one, IMO. Interesting that your experience is different. IMO, there's nothing unusual about BK having a shovel given where he lives, where he's from and the winter road trip.
Do we know what kind of shovel it is? I live in the Rocky Mountains and the shovel I keep in my car is specifically designed for the purpose of digging out - and compact so it stores in the small boot of my SUV.

I have a small garden spade about the same size.

One would not be useful to bury evidence. The other would. MOO.

Regarding the book page 118. As has been noted here, considering his field of study it would be normal for him to have books on crime, criminology, etc, so for them to single this out must be significant IMO.
I don't have any of the books by BK's former teacher Katherine Ramsland, but perhaps one of you does. It's kind of a shot in the dark, especially since page content can vary with different editions, but I wonder if by any chance there would be something interesting on page 118, say, of her book about the confessions of the BTK killer.
Pure speculation, but could be interesting if page 118 happened to be something about BTK's "hidey holes" or some other trick of his.

Regarding the book page 118. As has been noted here, considering his field of study it would be normal for him to have books on crime, criminology, etc, so for them to single this out must be significant IMO.
I don't have any of the books by BK's former teacher Katherine Ramsland, but perhaps one of you does. It's kind of a shot in the dark, especially since page content can vary with different editions, but I wonder if by any chance there would be something interesting on page 118, say, of her book about the confessions of the BTK killer.
Pure speculation, but could be interesting if page 118 happened to be something about BTK's "hidey holes" or some other trick of his.
curious too about the book , could be anything, could be nothing.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Defense lawyers: "The truth getting out about what our client did is damaging our ability to provide a good smoke screen" LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
In the court document re the sealing of the documents it states that BK spoke for himself. Is this a sign of how he plans to act throughout or is it quite insignificant?

MY OPINION ONLY
He has two attorneys. Counsel AT and Co-counsel DL
I thought DL did a brilliant job focusing his arguments.
JMO

Attachments

• 20230303_195152.jpg
    20230303_195152.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
"Item photographed but not taken" This one has me. Why not taken? Too large/heavy? Affixed somehow? It is a loooong list of items taken, so why not this one?

Could be all sorts of things including something that is very large or heavy or fixed -or- insanitary or likely to degrade maybe? I can't understand why it wouldn't say what the 'item' is tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member