4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten months of business records does seem like a lot. I wonder what other areas were investigated back that far and that broadly?

@10ofRods-- I'm interested that you feel many businesses would release data about business practices including information about employees (and customers) without a warrant. I would have thought most businesses wouldn't. Have we seen other cases where businesses volunteered to cough up that much stuff? I know business owners want to see crimes solved like we all do but still, I thought most preferred to see warrants these days.
JMO

LE has to rule out DD drivers who frequented the King Road house and may have become familiar with the victims and/or the residence, especially if there were deliveries in the early morning hours.

It's possible the "overly broad" search warrant is tempered by the single King Road destination, and that LE is not interested in deliveries made to other locations. Was there a pattern? Did certain drivers frequent that house over a 10 month period? With a certain vehicle? And is there video of a certain vehicle being in that area when deliveries were not being made, at similar times?

I think LE has to fill in all the blanks. And if they only want info on deliveries to the King Road house, then that narrows down the information they are requesting with the search warrant.

MO.
BBM: I agree with you re the rationale behind this warrant. And you're right, it is specific to the Kings Road residence:

Emphasis mine
"all information in your possession or control related to sales, deliveries, purchases, and/or transactions made to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho 83 843 for time period ofJanuary 1, 2022 to present, to include:

date and time of sales; date and time of deliveries; purchases and/or transactions; name and identification of the driver; full description ofthe vehicles used; any and all communications between drivers and the purchasers"

The warrant was served on 6 Dec, relevant info provided on 7 Dec and the warrant returned with no apparent issue. The affadavit and details of the Return of Service remain under a seal and partial redaction by order of the court.

I wonder if DD driver explicitly saw BK/the killer and could provide a more concrete ID hence keeping it very under wraps?
Did DD come to the FRONT door?
Did BK (allegedly) come through BACK (kitchen) door?

DoorDash order arrived at 4:00am and Kernodle was on TikTok at 4:12am so I doubt the DD driver saw Bryan. Those deliveries take just a minute. I believe DD came to the front because that is where everyone would pull up and park. There is no car access to the back of the house, the house is built into the side of a hill.

BK apparently went out the kitchen sliding glass door, located in back, but we don't know if he entered through the front door or the kitchen sliding glass door. The 3rd floor sliding glass door is inaccessible.

I assume one of the doors was unlocked because we have never heard anything about forced entry and we have never heard of a witness saying they heard noise indicating a break in such as glass breaking or loud banging etc...

My information comes from Exhibit A, statement of Brett Payne, Affidavit of Probable Cause, and from photos of the house.

Last edited:
Door dash order arrived at 4:00am and Kernodle was on TikTok at 4:12am so I doubt the DD driver saw Bryan. Those deliveries take just a minute. I believe DD came to the front because that is where everyone would pull up and park. There is no car access to the back of the house, the house is built into the side of a hill.

BK apparently went out the kitchen sliding glass door, located in back, but we don't know if he entered through the front door or the kitchen sliding glass door. I assume one was unlocked because we have never heard anything about forced entry and we have never heard of a witness saying they heard noise indicating a break in such as glass breaking or loud banging etc...

My information comes from Exhibit A, statement of Brett Payne, Affidavit of Probable Cause, and from photos of the house.
The back door wouldn't have had to be unlocked, according to many, many folks on the threads who reported that they were either shown how easy it was by someone, or did it themself when they locked themselves out. You can basically lift the panel of a sliding glass door up out of the track and the hook lock is essentially useless. People described the various enhancements they'd made to their doors to try and make them more secure - bolts, bars, etc.

No link, but I'm sure google will enlighten you. It's been exploited by burglars and rapists and killers for a very long time. I think the Golden State Killer liked houses with them, and was actually responsible for a home security education program for the police, telling homeowners how to stay safe. Fox in a henhouse, there. *shudders*

MOO

The back door wouldn't have had to be unlocked, according to many, many folks on the threads who reported that they were either shown how easy it was by someone, or did it themself when they locked themselves out. You can basically lift the panel of a sliding glass door up out of the track and the hook lock is essentially useless. People described the various enhancements they'd made to their doors to try and make them more secure - bolts, bars, etc.

No link, but I'm sure google will enlighten you. It's been exploited by burglars and rapists and killers for a very long time. I think the Golden State Killer liked houses with them, and was actually responsible for a home security education program for the police, telling homeowners how to stay safe. Fox in a henhouse, there. *shudders*

MOO

This would explain how the killer got in if all doors were locked. There is also the possibility of windows, many killers enter through unlocked windows. I was following a case where the killers couldn't get in through the locked front or back door without making too much noise. They broke a knife trying to get in through the back door.

So one of them went through an unlocked window while the other killer held his gun for him then handed it back to him through the open window. Then the killer who went through the window opened the door for the other killer to enter.

I haven't studied the house windows but it would be interesting to go back and look at them.

MOO
An additional anecdote, to illustrate how easy it is to get that panel out. No burglary, rape, or killing in this story. Just a housesitting mishap.

When my partner and I were young *sigh*... our very early twenties? We house sat for her parents who went on holiday. They had two big dogs - a lab cross staffy with all the height of a lab and the chest muscle and breadth of a staffy, and a lab/kelpie/shepherd mix of some kind who was found on the side of a road as a pup. I think we also had a big dog at that point, a standard poodle I inherited from my Nanna when she passed. Not frou frou - a ditzy, incredibly high energy nine year old who wore us out with regularity.

Back sliding glass door was older, quite a heavy one. We had it open about six or eight inches to let the dogs come and go potty.

There was a noise outside, something the dogs felt the need to immediately check on and bark at.

I don't know if it was the first or the second dog barrelling through the narrow gap who bumped the door from the track, but the following dog/s tipped it, and we watched, helpless, from across the room as the gigantic pane of glass fell in slow motion and smashed into a million pieces, covering the entire back deck with safety glass cubes.

I'll draw a veil over the next many hours of wrangling three large excited dogs, sweeping up buckets of glass, contacting inlaws on holiday (inevitably, they were slightly drunk, in the middle of the night - they were on holiday), and trying to contact insurance and a glazier to attend at the soonest possible time.

It didn't need special equipment, multiple people, or make a massive noise (not until it smashed). All it took a chunky lab staffy shoulder-charging one edge of the frame. A solid bump.

MOO

I have been looking at the cell tower data warrants. It looks to me like early on ( Verizon is November 16/17) they were looking for ALL data around the crime scene from the carriers. Maybe someone who understands cell tower's location data techniques can read and comment? MOO

GPS coordinates all records and unique devices 3-5AM:

T mobile distance 2 miles
Verizon distance 0.5miles
Inland Cellular distance 0.5miles
ATT distance 0.5miles

August 1 2022-present All account info for three unknown subscriber numbers. These were early on too. MOO

Verizon
T mobile

These were all later:

ATT Specific number (redacted) Nov 12 12AM to Nov 14 12AM

ATT sealed

Verizon sealed

I'm just curious as to why this crime still resonates with the people that are on this forum. Given that the next hearing won't be until the end of June, very little new information has come out and the information that has been provided has been analyzed by everyone from Dr. Phil to Banfield to this group. What is the motivation to keep posting?

I'm more interested to know what is your motivation to create an account and come here to ask this question? Also, just to point out there are elements of judgement and criticism in your question. So, what is the purpose in asking please?

I wonder if DD driver explicitly saw BK/the killer and could provide a more concrete ID hence keeping it very under wraps?
Possible, but as mentioned, the warrant date was from January 2022, long before BK has been identified publicly as being in the area.

I've been so wrapped up in so many cases, they begin to blur...

Someone remind me, how did the coroner establish the time of death?

Isn't this the case where the coroner is a registered nurse and attorney?

One other thing -- they have a video of someone outside. At least, I'm pretty sure they do. The neighbor's ring doorbell that picked up the barking? Those are triggered not by sound but by motion. Something/someone was out there and it triggered the cam, which then recorded both video and audio. At least, that's how I understand them to work. That's the way mine works. It's motion-detection, not sound-detection.

I understand your point but the motion could have been any other type of movement that triggered the camera to begin audio/visual recording and therefore it incidentally captured the audio of an area it does not visually cover. If you see what I mean.

LE has to rule out DD drivers who frequented the King Road house and may have become familiar with the victims and/or the residence, especially if there were deliveries in the early morning hours.

It's possible the "overly broad" search warrant is tempered by the single King Road destination, and that LE is not interested in deliveries made to other locations. Was there a pattern? Did certain drivers frequent that house over a 10 month period? With a certain vehicle? And is there video of a certain vehicle being in that area when deliveries were not being made, at similar times?

I think LE has to fill in all the blanks. And if they only want info on deliveries to the King Road house, then that narrows down the information they are requesting with the search warrant.

MO.
They have an obligation to pursue all leads, sure. But if every case hinged on whether police did the level of investigation that you're suggesting despite having a strong case/leads on a suspect.......

That's getting into a gross exaggeration of the intent of the Brady laws/rules IMO. Does LE have to clear an entire town? City? State? Every person they've ever come into contact with? Thank goodness that's not the bar, otherwise we'd likely have a lot of people having their charges/cases being thrown out.

To play devil's advocate for a second. They do have his DNA at the scene, on top of the bed where 2 of the murders occurred. On a piece of the murder weapon no less. Which is enough to clear the entire planet. Which is more than drivers who frequented a house or a town or city or state etc etc. So there's that.

Last edited:
I've been so wrapped up in so many cases, they begin to blur...

Someone remind me, how did the coroner establish the time of death?

Isn't this the case where the coroner is a registered nurse and attorney?

One other thing -- they have a video of someone outside. At least, I'm pretty sure they do. The neighbor's ring doorbell that picked up the barking? Those are triggered not by sound but by motion. Something/someone was out there and it triggered the cam, which then recorded both video and audio. At least, that's how I understand them to work. That's the way mine works. It's motion-detection, not sound-detection.
Nancy Grace visited (for better or worse) one of the neighbors with cameras pointed towards the house. Their camera was sound activated.

Reportedly (I remember reading) a Ring Doorbell ring cam was luckily (or unlucky for BK) triggered by a cat jumping past it and captured the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong