4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, I'm getting the opposite impression. I think BK most likely did it, but these warrants, dates, etc, make the case more and more confusing, IMO, not stronger. I guess we'll see when things start to come out, but between the deep dive into all 4 victims' financial records (all of which seemed to have multiple accounts and even share the same financial institutions), the specifics surrounding DD drivers, Tinder, all the redacted names, the "danger" to informants, and all the other details already discussed, my head is spinning with possibilities of what could be going on. They most certainly don't all point me exclusively in the direction of BK like they do some of you. JMO. YMMV.

This all looks like a normal investigation to me when you don't know who the killer is, and then when your gathering evidence for a quadruple murder trial. All prosecutors continue gathering evidence up until trial, this is what the court investigators do. No investigation stops cold upon arrest.

Competent investigations need to search through evidence from months prior, it is never narrowed down to just the few months surrounding a murder. Investigating from a year prior is par for the course.

All murder investigations have tons of search Warrants. I followed a huge murder case - multiple victims - that had literally hundreds and hundreds of search warrants issued. LE has to investigate almost every tip that comes in, this is hundreds for a notorious case.

I would expect them to investigate:

Financial Records
Delivery information
Social media accounts
And many many other areas

Prosecutors refer to witnesses, who give them any information about the suspect, as informers.

Using the term "danger to informants" is common and can mean many things, not just physical danger. It is totally normal not to reveal the names of witnesses/informants.

I don't know of cases where the general public is allowed to know who any of the witnesses/informants are - other than the witnesses who discovered the crime scenes, those who gave interviews of their own accord, names in affidavits, those who were subpoenaed for a pretrial hearing and their name is on the docket, those whose names are listed in discovery evidence, etc....

2 Cents

Last edited:
I don't know that we can say one way or the other. The defense agreed to the order. But the records requested would likely include very private conversations. Especially if they are NOT related to the murders, they need to be kept confidential for now.

Oh absolutely. My suspicion isn't based on them being confidential. It's more about what we know thus far about these warrants.

On another note, I'm curious about your comment above. Do you have other directions in mind? I see from your comments that you are fair-minded, thoughtful and wise; I'd like to hear your thoughts on other possible suspects.
IMO

I don't really have other possible suspects. I just find the warrants interesting. I find it peculiar that some of the warrants are dated after BK was identified as a suspect, that all the victims shared the same financial institutions (how many of us had that many banks when we were college kids), that they searched DOL records, Tinder accounts, etc. It's more or less the totality of other things LE looked at. I, personally, don't believe LE was just ruling others out. I think it goes deeper, though I'm not sure exactly what. Something just doesn't feel right to me. JMO.

This all looks like a normal investigation to me when you don't know who the killer is, and then when your gathering evidence for a quadruple murder trial.

All murder investigations have tons of search Warrants. I followed a huge murder case - multiple victims - that had literally hundreds and hundreds of search warrants issued. LE has to investigate almost every tip that comes in, this is hundreds for a notorious case.

Financial Records
Delivery information
Social media accounts

Prosecutors refer to witnesses, who give them any information about the suspect, as informers.

Using the term "danger to informants" is common and can mean many things, not just physical danger. It is totally normal not to reveal the names of witnesses/informants.

I don't know of cases where the general public is allowed to know who any of the witnesses/informants are - other than the witnesses who discovered the crime scenes, those who gave interviews of their own accord, names in affidavits, those who were subpoenaed for a pretrial hearing and their name is on the docket, those whose names are listed in discovery evidence, etc....

2 Cents

Maybe, but the totality of evidence sealed due to danger to others is interesting. And I'm not just talking about names. JMO.

IIRC, a profiler said he would be following his own case. Am not surprised, he will be studying it for years, imo.

I've only been lurking here and not posting much, but I have to say it's troubling that BK gets "a private cell, kept apart from other inmates who share cells.” I'm sure it's due to safety concerns. Another thing in the article it stated that the inmates were in awe of him. Inmate can’t believe he’s in here with one of the most infamous (alleged) mass murderers in the U. S.
Oh, but the inmate hopes that BK gets the death penalty.

Okay, Daily Mail, can I throw up, now? lol. moo

IIRC, a profiler said he would be following his own case. Am not surprised, he will be studying it for years, imo.

I've only been lurking here and not posting much, but I have to say it's troubling that BK gets "a private cell, kept apart from other inmates who share cells.” I'm sure it's due to safety concerns. Another thing in the article it stated that the inmates were in awe of him. Inmate can’t believe he’s in here with one of the most infamous (alleged) mass murderers in the U. S.
Oh, but the inmate hopes that BK gets the death penalty.

Okay, Daily Mail, can I throw up, now? lol. moo
But it's a DM "Exclusive"! Lol. I'd like to see him with a roommate. Shame the jail is so small.

If he is following his own case, which I think he is as well, he must love the "in awe" nonsense. I highly doubt that was a direct "inmate" quote. JMO

IDK, I'm getting the opposite impression. I think BK most likely did it, but these warrants, dates, etc, make the case more and more confusing, IMO, not stronger. I guess we'll see when things start to come out, but between the deep dive into all 4 victims' financial records (all of which seemed to have multiple accounts and even share the same financial institutions), the specifics surrounding DD drivers, Tinder, all the redacted names, the "danger" to informants, and all the other details already discussed, my head is spinning with possibilities of what could be going on. They most certainly don't all point me exclusively in the direction of BK like they do some of you. JMO. YMMV.
I mean, the methods and inquiries you're calling confusing are not unique to this case. You have to pursue any and all avenues.

And I'm really not trying to be pendantic or offend but the literal definition...
Investigate: to carry out a systematic or formal inquiry to discover and examine the facts of (an incident, allegation, etc.) so as to establish the truth.

If they hadn't looked into financial institutions, the DD driver, Tinder, and everything else listed in the warrants....there would be a subset of people shouting 'they only focused on BK! what about the DD driver? what about Tinder maybe it was a scorned date! what about the rumored large sum of money so and so took out?"

And each one of those things would likely be used by BKs defense team to introduce doubt. So LE has to exhaust them.

The 24/7 news cycle and immediate access to information online (court docs, news, google search) have given people like us unprecedented access into a police investigation. Behind the scenes. Directly to us. Undistilled/undisturbed by editors at media orgs. Without context into what's important and what's not.

The stuff that they leave out of Dateline, 20/20, and 48 hours (unless for an suspenseful Red Herring). Which happens in every case. And a lot of folk (not just you) keep pointing to the rudimentary and systematic inquiries as evidence of a weak case or incompetence.

Last edited:
I mean, the methods and inquiries you're calling confusing are not unique to this case. You have to pursue any and all avenues.

And I'm really not trying to be pendantic or offend but the literal definition...
Investigate: to carry out a systematic or formal inquiry to discover and examine the facts of (an incident, allegation, etc.) so as to establish the truth.

If they hadn't looked into financial institutions, the DD driver, Tinder, and everything else listed in the warrants....there would be a subset of people shouting 'they only focused on BK! what about the DD driver? what about Tinder maybe it was a scorned date! what about the rumored large sum of money so and so took out?"

The 24/7 news cycle and immediate access to information online (court docs, news, google search) have given people like us unprecedented access into a police investigation. The stuff that they leave out of Dateline, 20/20, and 48 hours (unless for an suspenseful Red Herring).

Why did they need Tinder from March 1st, 2021 - March 31st, 2021? Was BK on there? Was someone else? What happened that month? Why do a bunch of 20 year olds each have 4 bank accounts? For clarification, I'm not insinuating anything bad about the victims, but I wonder if there was some financial motive here or if there was more going on than we know that explains the tie to BK.

And each one of those things would likely be used by BKs defense team to introduce doubt. So LE has to exhaust them.

The 24/7 news cycle and immediate access to information online (court docs, news, google search) have given people like us unprecedented access into a police investigation. Behind the scenes. Directly to us. Undistilled/undisturbed by editors at media orgs. Without context into what's important and what's not.

The stuff that they leave out of Dateline, 20/20, and 48 hours (unless for an suspenseful Red Herring). Which happens in every case. And a lot of folk (not just you) keep pointing to the rudimentary and systematic inquiries as evidence of a weak case or incompetence.

Quote:

And a lot of folk (not just you) keep pointing to the rudimentary and systematic inquiries as evidence of a weak case or incompetence.

I see it as the opposite. This tells me they have a very strong case where they covered all their bases and did what they said they were going to do before arrest.

This was to not just gather enough evidence to make an arrest, but to gather enough evidence to actually get a conviction at trial.

This is what competent investigators do, I don't see any signs of incompetent investigators handling this.

I don't really have other possible suspects. I just find the warrants interesting. I find it peculiar that some of the warrants are dated after BK was identified as a suspect, that all the victims shared the same financial institutions (how many of us had that many banks when we were college kids), that they searched DOL records, Tinder accounts, etc. It's more or less the totality of other things LE looked at. I, personally, don't believe LE was just ruling others out. I think it goes deeper, though I'm not sure exactly what. Something just doesn't feel right to me. JMO.
The bank accounts do strike me as odd because of the number of them. But the rest of it seems pretty reasonable. Much of it could be tied to LE ruling people out, as they need evidence to back that up as well.

I'm certain that this goes deeper but that's the nature of these cases in these early days and the gag order. JMO

This all looks like a normal investigation to me when you don't know who the killer is, and then when your gathering evidence for a quadruple murder trial. All prosecutors continue gathering evidence up until trial, this is what the court investigators do. No investigation stops cold upon arrest.

Competent investigations need to search through evidence from months prior, it is never narrowed down to just the few months surrounding a murder. Investigating from a year prior is par for the course.

Financial Records
Delivery information
Social media accounts
And many many other areas

2 Cents
Exactly: the investigation is proceeding normally- discovery is ongoing and will be for the forseeable future. The investigation itself won't stop until trial- there is so much investigation necessary in any murder case, but imagine in a case as complicated as this one. The prosecution must investigate any areas where they think the defense will be going as well- they need to be prepared for anything and everything.

What do you know? I'd have bet he followed his own case. Thank you for this!!! :) I'd heard it but could NOT find what I'd remembered reading/hearing/browsing/ etc...

'He watches himself all the time,' one inmate told DailyMail.com. 'It's really kind of bizarre.'

re-linked your link: Bryan Kohberger follows his own case in the news from jail
He does have some wild looking eyes--- maybe its because I know what he is accused of, but really, those eyes are something else-- they could stare holes thru a person IMO

Why did they need Tinder from March 1st, 2021 - March 31st, 2021? Was BK on there? Was someone else? What happened that month? Why do a bunch of 20 year olds each have 4 bank accounts? For clarification, I'm not insinuating anything bad about the victims, but I wonder if there was some financial motive here or if there was more going on than we know that explains the tie to BK.
These are all great questions that all of us have. And we should have those questions at this point. LE is doing a thorough job and keeping evidence under wraps, which is doing their jobs. It's all about the trial. Many questions will be answered then as it should be. JMO

Thank you @isabella88 for posting this too. You rock.

Jailhouse religion? BK may be trying any means available to get rid of the 100-pound weight on his shoulders right now.

Before this DM article I thought BK was Catholic, but my beliefs often change based on what new info is released. I had little to confirm BK is Catholic in the 1st place, university?, go figure. The article reports the clergy BK receives as "the pastor" not "the priest" so now my guess is BK is not Catholic. Anything he tells any clergy would be protected by clergy privilege. The difference being whether or not a confession has to be spoken. Do Catholics have to confess sins out loud to the priest before receiving mass or can they just think about their sins to receive mass/be forgiven?

Where's BK's head? I don't think BK would admit alleged crimes out loud unless he had a deeply ingrained belief that he had to--the Catholic part. If confession allows one to admit crimes/relieve their conscience/be forgiven, knowing clergy can never tell anyone, telling any crime could mean real remorse or another I'm the smartest person in the room, ha-ha catch me if you can move.

JMO

From DM article attached above by the amazing Isabella: "He sits down with the pastor and receives his own private mass,' a source inside the jail said. 'It's just the two of them. And no, I have no idea what they might talk about.'

These are all great questions that all of us have. And we should have those questions at this point. LE is doing a thorough job and keeping evidence under wraps, which is doing their jobs. It's all about the trial. Many questions will be answered then as it should be. JMO

That's very true, but it's kind of my point. All these questions are still out there and that's what makes my head spin with possibilities. I feel like a lot of times, we take every bit of info that comes out and attribute it to BK or just dismiss it as LE just doing its thing instead of asking WTH went on in March of 2021 and does it legitimately play a role? When enough of these are stacked up, it really does paint a much more complex picture, even if the end result is still that BK is a killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine