4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChatteringBirds

Reaction score
This tragedy seems to be breaking news:

Police said they responded to King Road for a report of an unconscious person. When officers arrived, they “discovered four individuals who were deceased...”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48
Thread #49
Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56
Thread #57
Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread#62 Thread #63 Thread #64
Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72
Thread #73 Thread #74

Media Thread/No Discussion

Probable Cause Affidavit

Press photo album (compilation courtesy of WS member cujenn81)

Moscow ID Police Department Facebook page

City of Moscow re King Road Homicide

Detectives are looking to develop context for the events and people involved in the four murders at 1122 King Rd in Moscow, Idaho. Anyone who observed notable behavior, has video surveillance, or can provide relevant information about these murders:

Last edited by a moderator:
What other evidence do you think LE/prosecution have at this stage?
Enough to get them the cell tower warrant. I’m guessing partial shot of his PA plate on camera or just enough to make out that it’s a PA plate.

Returning close to the scene in the same car that morning. Likely past some of the same cameras. And being seen strolling through the grocery store is going to tell a damning story and establish that yes, that’s his car.

MOO

Bringing this forward:

I agree with you that all of this doesn't point exclusively to BK and I appreciate your logical thoughts here. Beyond the searched they would normally go through as part of the initial stages of the investigation, I'm sure they were also making sure they couldn't be reasonably accused of ignoring or not even looking for other possible suspects. That would be a very bad look in a possible capital case.

I saw that as well. I think she is flattering herself. She's taking info straight from the DM. Also takes info from Reddit. Yikes. Nancy Grace, Jr. at this point. The way she exploited Xana's mom disgusts me beyond belief. JMO
I don't find her credible at all but, somehow, she's an approved source.

@rsd1200 Then again, so is TMZ.

Enough to get them the cell tower warrant. I’m guessing partial shot of his PA plate on camera or just enough to make out that it’s a PA plate.

Returning close to the scene in the same car that morning. Likely past some of the same cameras. And being seen strolling through the grocery store is going to tell a damning story and establish that yes, that’s his car.

MOO

I am hoping that between the searches of his apartment, his car and his parents house in PA, that they have DNA from at least one of the victims.

Good point about the morning cameras. Because you can see a lot more detail in daylight with the amount of light and lack of blur. I wonder what road he drove on?

I don't think they really need their DNA for a successful prosecution.. but that would be "GAME OVER" for BK if they have that.

I am very curious about the Block/Square account. I've only ever seen them in use at food trucks and food/craft/art fairs. Delivery orders are mostly paid for when placed these days, so it doesn't seem like a deliver and swipe situation. I've never even had a retailer use one in a fixed location store or restaurant, because the fees are generally higher than sellers could get elsewhere. I know they have video of their purchases at the food truck that night but maybe it's to help document what time they were there and what they bought? Any other ideas? MOOooo
I just went to a small coffee shop in my area. Within an hour of leaving, I was getting coupons and ads from the business. After a little digging, I saw a message at the bottom of the ads, "brought to you by Square." So, apparently, their CC device, though it doesn't scream "Square" is provided by that company (and they have my e-mail address☹).

I just went to a small coffee shop in my area. Within an hour of leaving, I was getting coupons and ads from the business. After a little digging, I saw a message at the bottom of the ads, "brought to you by Square." So, apparently, their CC device, though it doesn't scream "Square" is provided by that company (and they have my e-mail address☹).
Thank you. I deleted my post because I read later posts and realized Square does other things too. I'm too old to be technically savvy, I think. LOL

I don't find her credible at all but, somehow, she's an approved source.

@rsd1200 Then again, so is TMZ.
On the one hand she is saying the jailer decides what tv channel will be watched by ALL.. and so whether the inmates are in a room watching together, or whether BK is in a cell alone watching his own tv.. they are all watching the same.. but yet her other hand is saying he consumes news about himself, etc. Wow. He gets to watch what is chosen for everyone. Plus.. he's in a cell by himself, I'm sure everyone can see him. So pathetic. imo.

Bringing over a post from @Sister Golden Hair from the last thread that I wanted to comment on. Also snipped by me. Please note the sentence I bolded and underlined at the bottom.

For a while now we've been trying to figure out what "10 curls" "in glove box" were about in the warrant. Turns out after MUCH debate (LOL) that they were likely ID cards in glove in box. I thought that was the most likely case of what it was, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why in the world would he would keep ID cards, apparently hidden in a glove, and was then placed in a box.

If those were stolen ID's, and he was DDing to 1122 King Rd using them somehow, then what Sister Golden Hair brings up below makes sense as to what he could have been doing, and why there was an Order to Seal And Redact for DoorDash. Also why DD recently implemented a new ID system adding frequent selfies.

Out of all the things that don't add up for me with this case (and other cases too if I'm being honest. lol), this one adds up for me. Well, once it was determined he likely didn't keep 10 curls in his glove box. *chuckle*

===========================================================================​
What if he was only pretending to work at door dash and that's how he made contact at Mad Greek and other places and their home 'accidentally'? This would explain his late night forays into their hood. And it would make sense of the warrant request and provide PC -- nothing to do with the actual drivers.

the reason I think this might be the case, too, is because it looks like Door Dash just implemented a new id system and added frequent selfies from what I can find online, <modsnip> IMO JMO that's possibly what he was doing. I don't know how he could use others' Dash accounts, but it would sure make sense in terms of the warrant. and the DD id change. idk jmo imo

all information in your possession or control related to sales, deliveries, purchases, and/or transactions made to 1122 King Road, Moscow, Idaho 83843 for flre period of January 1, 2022 to present, to include:

date and time of sales;
date and time of deliveries;
purchases and/or transactions;
name and identification of the driver;
a full description of the vehicles used;

any and all communications between drivers and the purchasers;

apparently, the new part is that you have to take a selfie to match the govt ID and it has to be done frequently now. given the date on the warrant imo jmo it was possible he was gaining access to driver IDs who'd been Dashers awhile, but how?

Idk if it's possible, but it makes the timeframe and the pc and scope of the warrant make sense.

Full post here: 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74

On the one hand she is saying the jailer decides what tv channel will be watched by ALL.. and so whether the inmates are in a room watching together, or whether BK is in a cell alone watching his own tv.. they are all watching the same.. but yet her other hand is saying he consumes news about himself, etc. Wow. He gets to watch what is chosen for everyone. Plus.. he's in a cell by himself, I'm sure everyone can see him. So pathetic. imo.
I rather wonder if he isn't watching all this with a detached fascination, like a TV show he's layered himself into. Him but not really him. Delighting, in a scary calm way, in pretending to blur the lines between reality and fantasy, as he has maybe done for years.

If this was some kind of vendetta, he probably spent most of his adulthood in his head. Lavish machinations about who owes him what and how he'd exact it ("I could get any girl I want".), far more scintillating for his synapses then embarking on the dull exercise of developing character and (social) grace and (a spirit of) cooperation. Real life, yawn. Video game in the brain, invigorating.

Bet he'd love a close up look at his brain, to see for himself why he does the things he does, thinks the things he thinks.

Case study. Student of himself.

And IMO that means, to him, everybody else is extraneous. Of no value to him, outside of what decides.

Creepy, cold and dangerous.

JMO

Also why DD recently implemented a new ID system adding frequent selfies.

[snipped for focus]

apparently, the new part is that you have to take a selfie to match the govt ID and it has to be done frequently now. given the date on the warrant imo jmo it was possible he was gaining access to driver IDs who'd been Dashers awhile, but how?
Idk if it's possible, but it makes the timeframe and the pc and scope of the warrant make sense.

Full post here: 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 74
BBM: That's interesting. Just looked at original post again. Only thing for me here is that I don't see a link in the original post to show that taking a selfie when getting verification to be a DD driver is new (no dates and no reference to new). The OP links relevant page to DD website but there is nothing there to say how new or otherwise the protocol is (link is in the post you brought forward). Also there is nothing in that link at all about frequent selfies. Hopefully SGH will be able to attach a link as it is an interesting idea. MOO

@seven001 Thank you for explaining this. I did not know they owned CashApp. Venmo is owned by Paypal but, at the end of the day, it is connected to a cc too. EC used Venmo at least on a couple of occasions.

The businesses range from online dating websites to banks and online payment companies to retailers.

While some of the warrants sought information about Mr Kohberger, others sought information about the victims – such as access to their Facebook and Snapchat accounts.

“The documents contain highly intimate facts or statements, the publication of which would be highly objectionable to a reasonable person,” the orders read.

“The documents contain facts or statements that might threaten the safety of or endanger the life or safety of individuals and disclosure would constitute an unwarranted invasion of privacy.”

While the Idaho search warrants remain sealed, warrants have recently been unsealed over the search on Mr Kohberger’s family home in Pennsylvania.

Several of the warrants were filed back in December – at the height of the investigation into the 13 November murders – but came to light now as the judge ordered for them to remain sealed until further notice by the court.

The judge’s orders all gave the same reasons for keeping the trove of documents sealed.
Tinder, DoorDash and Venmo among dozens of businesses issued search warrants in Idaho murders case
Cybersleuths look for clues in Idaho victims’ Venmo accounts

Last edited:
I think if you have a t.v. in your own cell (regulations have to be followed of course) that it's up to you what to watch. I know I could purchase one for my family member but it had to be clear covering. At least in some prisons/jails. Sounds like he has a rather solitary existence there so going into the day room may not be an option for him. In larger prisons and jails, they will have more than one t.v., with different channels playing. The jailer choosing the channel decreases the chance for a fight over who watches what.

I’ve bought stuff from Craig’s list etc via square. Use Venmo now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member