4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped for focus>

Did anyone else come forward to confirm that Kaylee told them that she had a stalker? Other than the vape store guy? IIRC, Kaylee's sister said that she wasn't aware that Kaylee had a stalker, that Kaylee never mentioned that.

There was something to do with K's room having had the locks changed IIRC, sorry cannot provide a link.

And possibly reading between the lines, the fact that the male friend of K & M was walking them home to keep them safe? Maybe? not verified or stated though.

There was something to do with K's room having had the locks changed IIRC, sorry cannot provide a link.

And possibly reading between the lines, the fact that the male friend of K & M was walking them home to keep them safe? Maybe? not verified or stated though.
As far as I know, mention of the locks was in a single interview with Xana's mother, and I think general consensus on the threads was that she had misheard a statement from her ex-husband in an interview he did where he said something along the lines of that he had visited Xana recently, and that she had changed a lot.

MOO

EDIT: Below, links to articles with the quotes in question.

Last edited:

I wonder if you could have a dive for the links? Thank you!

As far as I know, mention of the locks was in a single interview with Xana's mother, and I think general consensus on the threads was that she had misheard a statement from her ex-husband in an interview he did where he said something along the lines of that he had visited Xana recently, and that she had changed a lot.

MOO

BBM: Wanted to tap the laughy icon instead of liking; potentially mishearing "she has changed a lot" as "changed the locks" is such a classic (IMO). Thanks again for linking from prior thread discussions.

Didn't she leave to complete an internship, maybe at the place that ultimately offered her a paying job? I don't have a link, but that's my memory of why she hadn't been in residence for the entire term.

Nope, internship was the summer prior.

From @gliving on page 34 of thread 36:

"Yes, that's it. I found a linkedin message from the CEO. Here's a snippet of the message:
Amy Aylward on LinkedIn: Extreme Networks CEO: Beating Cisco An ‘Exclamation Mark’ On Fiscal Year…
Kaylee Goncalves joined Extreme in June 2022 as an intern on the US Commercial team. As someone new to the IT/Technology world, Kaylee approached the role..."

Sidenote: wish there was a search feature for individual threads.

It was Xana's room. Her father had come down 1 week before the murders and either "fixed" or changed locks - the report came from Xana's mom and she wasn't sure what he had done with the door lock.

Inside Edition says "repaired."

But it is interesting that this occurred and that, apparently KG and MM had asked someone to walk them to the food truck and then of course used a ride service home (U of I has a large contract with Uber that's specifically for students to use - they get two rides per day for free):

There were early problems with not enough drivers, and I believe U of I wanted Uber to dedicate X number of drivers on weekends. U of I was trying, I will say that, to improve night time safety for its students.

IMO.

It was Xana’s room that had the lock changed by her father. It was mentioned by a family member in an interview. I can’t find the link to interview, but here it is reported by NN

"Yes, that's it. I found a linkedin message from the CEO. Here's a snippet of the message:
Amy Aylward on LinkedIn: Extreme Networks CEO: Beating Cisco An ‘Exclamation Mark’ On Fiscal Year…
Kaylee Goncalves joined Extreme in June 2022 as an intern on the US Commercial team. As someone new to the IT/Technology world, Kaylee approached the role..."

There is - under the regular search function (upper right hand corner on my browser), you can choose a drop-down for "this thread." It works fairly well on a thread by thread basis.

I don't think that's far-fetched at all, and I thank you for mentioning it. That's kind of my point. It feels like because LE is sure they have their guy, any other discussion about the oddities of the case is dismissed as LE just doing their job. I feel like it's more than that. It could still be that BK is their guy, but I'm so curious about everything else because it really does not seem normal to me.

Re: your theory. It's a good one, but if we agree that BK arrived on the scene in August, then why would they need all the DD drivers from January - August? IMO, there's more there. Maybe BK really did pick WSU because of one of the victims? Maybe this didn't all start with his arrival on the scene. Maybe there is a connection with DD or one of their drivers from months before the murder or even months before he moved from PA.

MOO.
DBM.

What I wish is that we could search "all threads in a given case".
I second this!!! I've been wanting this for a long, long time. What I'll do is Goog for what words I think were said, the parts of thread name and the poster if I happen to know it but that's rare. Then don't forget to add websleuths before starting your search! I find a LOT of things this way when they were in previous threads.

In my opinion, by the time he'd entered that house and was standing over them with a knife, he'd crossed a whole bunch of ethical boundaries that keep the majority of the population from committing violent crimes against others. Was he dismayed the moment he saw two of them? Or was he excited? Whatever he felt, it didn't dissuade him. Quite the opposite.

MOO
Perfectly said

In my opinion, by the time he'd entered that house and was standing over them with a knife, he'd crossed a whole bunch of ethical boundaries that keep the majority of the population from committing violent crimes against others. Was he dismayed the moment he saw two of them? Or was he excited? Whatever he felt, it didn't dissuade him. Quite the opposite.

MOO
I think he was surprised to find the 2 girls in bed, and IF he was there for one of them because she had rejected him, that might have infuriated him to find them in bed together.

"University of Idaho will receive $1m in state funds to deal with aftermath of quadruple murder: Cash will be used for more cops and security, a shuttle bus and counseling students."

I am always happy to have my errors corrected, but what year is it in your time zone? (LOL!) Here on Pacific Time, June of 2022 was last summer and the internship may have continued into the most recent Fall semester (the term of the murders) at UI.

I don't know how it works in Marketing, but for those getting their teaching certificates, student teaching--the equivalent "internship" for those seeking a teaching credential--is often the last thing one does before graduation.

If KG's internship began last June and continued into September or October (or, frankly, even if it ended in August), that might explain why she wasn't in residence in the Fall and why she moved home after the internship rather than back to 1122.

Of course, KG's schedule only matters because it may speak to whether BK targeted her personally and had any way of knowing she would be present on the night of the murders. If you can point out how my thinking errs, please do. In the meantime, I tend to think MM was the target and BK had been spying on her during the Fall semester when she was mostly alone on the upper floor.

(P.S. Sleuther, I know you and I have gone back and forth on a few issues. I hope it is clear that if I seem focused on your posts, it is only out of respect for your opinions. Even when you and I disagree, I am fully aware that you are an intelligent and knowledgeable student of this case!)

Very possible. Also regarding the age factor, we learned early on in this case that a person in his late 20's who lived in an apartment nearby reported that he had crashed one of the parties at the King Road residence on at least one occasion.

He is the chef who lived nearby and worked in Pullman. He was interviewed by MSM a few times early after the murders. LE interviewed him as well, when they went door to door interviewing neighbors.

I know some have opined that 20-year-olds don't usually hang out with those in their late 20s, and that may well be true in terms of close, personal friendships. But when I was teaching, I had a few TAs who threw regular parties that were well attended by our freshmen students. (I recall it well because when I walked through the door, all the beer bottles disappeared! As if *I* were the alcohol police!)

I know some have opined that 20-year-olds don't usually hang out with those in their late 20s, and that may well be true in terms of close, personal friendships. But when I was teaching, I had a few TAs who threw regular parties that were well attended by our freshmen students. (I recall it well because when I walked through the door, all the beer bottles disappeared! As if *I* were the alcohol police!)
Some, but not all 20 yr olds. I was 19 and started dating someone 13 yrs my Sr. Was together for 3 yrs and almost married. I always preferred being with adults over kids my age even when I was very young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member