4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he used bleach it should have taken the colour out of the upholstery etc … which should be very obvious …. which would scream guilty …. That he tried to clean it … the same if he washed his clothing in bleach….

(Personally I think the clothing has been dumped somewhere … and was not the ”dark clothing” found by the Police ….. unless he really did want to be caught! )

Police could prove change in the colour of upholstery (from bleach) if they were wearing body cam at the traffic stop prior to November 13….

I am not convinced that the stabbing didn’t cause major bleeding … IMO stabbing four people with such a large knife would increase the chance of hitting a major artery …. (IMOooooo the family have been told that there was no suffering / bleeding etc to spare them the whole truth, not an actual lie, as it would have been quick,with unconsciousness prior)

I also think one person was still alive, possibly only just alive, (also MOO) when he left… the person the roommate heard crying …

I also think the fact they have the car “speeding off”, could mean that he wasn’t as careful as he may have planned, in eliminating contamination of the car with blood ….there may have been an element of panic … causing blood transfer….

I know health professionals use bleach to clean up blood, but that is because the bleach kills viruses in the blood like HIV etc … it doesn’t take the blood away or make it disappear … it just decontaminates it … IMO

I am not defending BK in any way … I am just wondering what item could possibly be in his car that would classify as exculpatory evidence??

All MOO

If he used bleach it should have taken the colour out of the upholstery etc … which should be very obvious …. which would scream guilty …. That he tried to clean it … the same if he washed his clothing in bleach….

(Personally I think the clothing has been dumped somewhere … and was not the ”dark clothing” found by the Police ….. unless he really did want to be caught! )

Police could prove change in the colour of upholstery (from bleach) if they were wearing body cam at the traffic stop prior to November 13….

I am not convinced that the stabbing didn’t cause major bleeding … IMO stabbing four people with such a large knife would increase the chance of hitting a major artery …. (IMOooooo the family have been told that there was no suffering / bleeding etc to spare them the whole truth, not an actual lie, as it would have been quick,with unconsciousness prior)

I also think one person was still alive, possibly only just alive, (also MOO) when he left… the person the roommate heard crying …

I also think the fact they have the car “speeding off”, could mean that he wasn’t as careful as he may have planned, in eliminating contamination of the car with blood ….there may have been an element of panic … causing blood transfer….

I know health professionals use bleach to clean up blood, but that is because the bleach kills viruses in the blood like HIV etc … it doesn’t take the blood away or make it disappear … it just decontaminates it … IMO

I am not defending BK in any way … I am just wondering what item could possibly be in his car that would classify as exculpatory evidence??

All MOO
I know next to nothing about DNA, but I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to removing stains on fabric, when laundering. Due to the tendency of chlorine bleach to often remove color from fabric (depending on amount) I avoid using it. Instead, I use Napisan, Vanish or similar (ie oxygen bleaches). Occasionally I'll also use one these powder products mixed with water to remove all manner of other household stains which can't be laundered (eg benchtops, sofa upholstery.) These bleaches remove stains well without removing the fabric's colour. It's been noted in this forum previously that oxygen bleaches can destroy DNA (completely).
Long story short, it is therefore conceivable, that the perpetrator could successfully remove incriminating stains with no evident colour removal whatsoever. IF the perpetrator were a criminology student, I imagine that he/she would be well aware of the ability of oxygen detergents to completely destroy DNA. (Luminol doesn't get a look-in.)

Adding this:

BK was not out of compliance with WA State laws by not registering within the 30 days. It's not a one-size-fits-all for o/o/s residents:

May a vehicle properly licensed or registered in another jurisdiction be operated in Washington without further registration requirements?

Yes, as provided in RCW 46.85.060 and 46.85.080 the following conditions and restrictions apply:

(1) Nonresident students: The student must be in full-time attendance at a college or university in Washington accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges or at a private vocational school as that term is defined by RCW 28C.10.020(7) and maintain their legal home of record at a location outside the state of Washington.
Vehicles must be registered in the student's or in the name of their parent or legal guardian in the resident state of record. The student must carry documentation issued by the college, university or vocational school that readily establishes the nonresident status. Employment incidental to the full-time student status is permitted. The spouse of a nonresident student has the same licensing privilege as long as the vehicle is registered to the student or jointly to the student and spouse, regardless of the spouse's legal residence or employment.

I know next to nothing about DNA, but I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to removing stains on fabric, when laundering. Due to the tendency of chlorine bleach to often remove color from fabric (depending on amount) I avoid using it. Instead, I use Napisan, Vanish or similar (ie oxygen bleaches). Occasionally I'll also use one these powder products mixed with water to remove all manner of other household stains which can't be laundered (eg benchtops, sofa upholstery.) These bleaches remove stains well without removing the fabric's colour. It's been noted in this forum previously that oxygen bleaches can destroy DNA (completely).
Long story short, it is therefore conceivable, that the perpetrator could successfully remove incriminating stains with no evident colour removal whatsoever. IF the perpetrator were a criminology student, I imagine that he/she would be well aware of the ability of oxygen detergents to completely destroy DNA. (Luminol doesn't get a look-in.)
Thankyou for that information …. I have never considered using those products on anything but washing …. So thanks for the tip!

If BK did infact use these products hopefully LE have been able to track his purchases of same … I think it would take a few bottles to clean an entire car… or maybe I am just very heavy handed!!!

I guess if it was a well planned attack, he could have added one bottle to each shopping list for a while before November to lessen the obvious multi purchases…

A case in Australia was recently cracked with the assistance of unusual shopping items …..

If BK did infact use these products hopefully LE have been able to track his purchases of same … I think it would take a few bottles to clean an entire car… or maybe I am just very heavy handed!!!... A case in Australia was recently cracked with the assistance of unusual shopping items …..

I think that the trick with this is that oxygen bleaches are not an unusual shopping item. I buy Oxyclean, and I'm not cleaning up a crime scene, haven't murdered anyone, and I think that's probably the case for most Oxyclean buyers. Church & Dwight sell millions of dollars a year in the stuff.

I think the trick with the prosecution using Oxyclean or some other innocuous cleaning product would be to prove that it was unusual (at least for him, and good luck with that) and in enough quantity and there would need to be physical evidence (via testing, for example) to show the presence of that cleaner. Just showing that he had the innocuous cleaning product wouldn't be enough because probably most of the people in the courtroom and on the jury have innocuous cleaning products, too. Without being able to tie those products to the crime in obvious, compelling fashion, IMO ERs 401, 402, 403 would be stumbling blocks to admission.

Article IV. Relevancy and its Limits

401. Test for Relevant Evidence.
402. General Admissibility of Relevant Evidence.
403. Excluding Relevant Evidence for Prejudice, Confusion, Waste of Time, or Other Reasons.

The use of white vinegar and baking soda was also discussed a few threads back, but again, not unusual for cleaning (esp in the PNW), so even if it can be used to clean a crime scene, most people who are buying it are not using it to clean crime scenes. Again, there would have to be evidence that he'd done some big clean up. At the time, the discussion was around his apartment, and whether or not he'd done a clean-up there. I believe that if LE had found evidence of a big clean-up, they'd have removed the evidence for testing (for ex, a chunk of carpet where it was suspected) or some other physical piece of the apartment. LE did remove a part of the countertop to test for blood.

Page 10, Marked A - Collected item

Everything that was considered evidence (either because of that it was or because it tested presumptive positive for blood) was taken because it's evidence and can't just be left there. Everything else was left (not evidence). If there had been any massive clean-up apparent in the apartment, the evidence of that would have been collected. According to the Evidence Collection Log (starting page 8), there was nothing like that taken.

Point of all of that is to say that if there was a massive clean-up of the car using bleach or the Oxyclean version, that would probably show up in tests. It could be that is the case but the reason I question that is the exonerating evidence cited by the defense. I have a hard time believing AT would make a false claim in a motion to compel. Just me and IMO.

Last edited:
One thing I don’t understand …. With BK being a Criminolgy Student, and allegedly this murder being a planned premeditated murder…. Is why did he take his phone with him at all that night???? We all know it will catch you out…

To me, reading the affidavit, it seems like he actually forgot to turn his phone off before leaving his home …. And then has an “oops moment” 5mins later and turns his phone off ….

For someone who was studying a PHD in Criminolgy, who was allegedly attempting the perfect murder, wouldn’t you abort you plan right there and then as you had already made a mistake???? (Or am I being too rational?)
Especially if his predetermined alibi was built on being at home that night??? (He had already left his residence..)

On November 13,2022 al approximately 2:42 a.m., the 8458 Phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to 1630 Northeast Valley Road, Apt G201, Pullman, WA, hereafter the "Kohberger Residence." At approximately 2:47 a.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage southeast ofthe Kohberger Residence consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the Kohberger Residence and traveling south through Pullman, WA'
This is consistent with the movement of the white Elantra. At approximately 2:47 a.m. the 8458 Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled (such as putting the phone in airplane mode), or that the phone is tumed off

I think that the trick with this is that oxygen bleaches are not an unusual shopping item. I buy Oxyclean, and I'm not cleaning up a crime scene, haven't murdered anyone, and I think that's probably the case for most Oxyclean buyers. Church & Dwight sell millions of dollars a year in the stuff.

I think the trick with the prosecution using Oxyclean or some other innocuous cleaning product would be to prove that it was unusual (at least for him, and good luck with that) and in enough quantity and there would need to be physical evidence (via testing, for example) to show the presence of that cleaner. Just showing that he had the innocuous cleaning product wouldn't be enough because probably most of the people in the courtroom and on the jury have innocuous cleaning products, too. Without being able to tie those products to the crime in obvious, compelling fashion, IMO ERs 401, 402, 403 would be stumbling blocks to admission.

403. Excluding Relevant Evidence for Prejudice, Confusion, Waste of Time, or Other Reasons.

The use of white vinegar and baking soda was also discussed a few threads back, but again, not unusual for cleaning (esp in the PNW), so even if it can be used to clean a crime scene, most people who are buying it are not using it to clean crime scenes. Again, there would have to be evidence that he'd done some big clean up. At the time, the discussion was around his apartment, and whether or not he'd done a clean-up there. I believe that if LE had found evidence of a big clean-up, they'd have removed the evidence for testing (for ex, a chunk of carpet where it was suspected) or some other physical piece of the apartment. LE did remove a part of the countertop to test for blood.

Everything that was considered evidence (either because of that it was or because it tested presumptive positive for blood) was taken because it's evidence and can't just be left there. Everything else was left (not evidence). If there had been any massive clean-up apparent in the apartment, the evidence of that would have been collected. According to the Evidence Collection Log (starting page 8), there was nothing like that taken.

Point of all of that is to say that if there was a massive clean-up of the car using bleach or the Oxyclean version, that would probably show up in tests. It could be that is the case but the reason I question that is the exonerating evidence cited by the defense. I have a hard time believing AT would make a false claim in a motion to compel. Just me and IMO.
I guess we can only hope (if he did use something like this) that he bought in bulk, and perhaps googled at some stage which one gave the best results ???
Circumstantial, at best, I know…

The other part that may make this hard to prove was that allegedly he was planning on selling his car in PA …. So of course he would be cleaning it prior to sale …
IMO

A quick google search would have revealed other liquids, less likely to ruin fabric, that he could have used.

However, I believe Dateline says he was using bleach in PA (according to "someone close to the investigation." That person may or may not have actually observed the bleach in use.

Why is not plausible that he just didn't replace the curtain? I lived for a couple of years in a house with no shower curtain on the shower (owner didn't want one, we students didn't care). Owner was more afraid of black mold on the curtain and didn't give a hoot about a slippery floor (with commercial grade linoleum, as student housing often has). I can remember waiting to buy one when we moved into married student housing, as we both were used to not having one. My parents never had one either (old school) and one simply directed the shower head at the tiled back wall. My parents never showered in the first place (just me), they bathed.

A whole lot of students shower at the gyms at their university facilities, which are often quite nice. And so do many faculty (there's a whole group of people who get to campus at 6 am, work out, shower and change into their teaching clothes).

IMO.
It is plausible that he never used a shower curtain. IMO, what isn't plausible is someone with a habit of using a shower curtain breaking that habit. If he took his down to use as a drop cloth, he had time to replace it without looking suspicious.

I guess we can only hope (if he did use something like this) that he bought in bulk, and perhaps googled at some stage which one gave the best results ???
Circumstantial, at best, I know…
Lots of evidence is circumstantial, but yes, it would have to be something really OTT to get this in imo. And then there's AT's statement. She is going to have to argue the motion to compel on 6.27, so I doubt she made up the exonerating evidence because I can't imagine a judge being okay with that. IMO.

ETA: Searches like "which cleaner is best to destroy DNA after stabbing multiple people to death?" or things along those lines would be more compelling than "which oxygen bleach is best?". As I've joked (dark humor) before, his purchase of a gallon or two of Blood-B-Gone would have made this cleaning up discussion re the evidence a whole lot cleaner.

Last edited:
One thing I don’t understand …. With BK being a Criminolgy Student, and allegedly this murder being a planned premeditated murder…. Is why did he take his phone with him at all that night???? We all know it will catch you out…

To me, reading the affidavit, it seems like he actually forgot to turn his phone off before leaving his home …. And then has an “oops moment” 5mins later and turns his phone off ….

For someone who was studying a PHD in Criminolgy, who was allegedly attempting the perfect murder, wouldn’t you abort you plan right there and then as you had already made a mistake???? (Or am I being too rational?)
Especially if his predetermined alibi was built on being at home that night??? (He had already left his residence..)

On November 13,2022 al approximately 2:42 a.m., the 8458 Phone was utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to 1630 Northeast Valley Road, Apt G201, Pullman, WA, hereafter the "Kohberger Residence." At approximately 2:47 a.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage southeast ofthe Kohberger Residence consistent with the 8458 Phone leaving the Kohberger Residence and traveling south through Pullman, WA'
This is consistent with the movement of the white Elantra. At approximately 2:47 a.m. the 8458 Phone stops reporting to the network, which is consistent with either the phone being in an area without cellular coverage, the connection to the network is disabled (such as putting the phone in airplane mode), or that the phone is tumed off

IMO this will be one of the many things used to shoot down that cell phone evidence. There are so many questions, and while this isn't at the top of my list, Why in the world would a criminology student drive his own car and take his phone to a quadruple murder? sure makes my Top 10 List.

It is plausible that he never used a shower curtain. IMO, what isn't plausible is someone with a habit of using a shower curtain breaking that habit. If he took his down to use as a drop cloth, he had time to replace it without looking suspicious.
Maybe even buy a new one in advance of the crime if he'd been plotting it forever?

Bryan got his out-of-state tuition waived while he worked on establishing his residency.

Ph.D. Students Departmental Funding:

Students funded by the department with a Teaching Assistantships (TA) or Research Assistantships (RA) receive a specified stipend each month (for nine months), health insurance benefits, and an in-state tuition waiver (for WA state residents).
Out-of-state tuition is waived the first year until the student establishes residency.

Graduate Student Support and Funding​

CRM J graduate students are funded by teaching or research assistantships. The majority of internal department funding is typically reserved for Ph.D. students, which are eligible for three to four years of teaching assistantship support. Additionally, Ph.D. and M.A. students may be eligible for a research assistantship with a faculty member depending on the faculty needs.

Teaching Assistantships:

Teaching Assistants are obligated to provide 20 hours of instruction-based service per week. The awarding of teaching assistantships is a very competitive process. There are two types of TAs: support and independent section TAs. Independent section TAs teach their own class.

Support TA positions assist a faculty member teaching a large course, usually with over 80 students.

(It sounds like Bryan was a support TA)

As I read it, these financial arrangements make WSU able to pull more students whom they think are nationally wanted in grad programs. It's very generous. And BK did comply, as far as we know, with making progress toward becoming a WA resident.

Getting that waiver is huge. And to maintain it, he had to get a new DL and new car registration (which I assume he did way in advance of the week of November 13, because one does not get a license plate mailed within a couple of days - or even a month. Google says the average is 3 weeks. And I realize that begs the question of whether he only acted until he planned some murders. We cannot know his mind, but if he applied around mid-October (a little late, if he planned to come back the next year), it's really bizarre and chilling to think that this could have been part of amping up/laying low before a crime.

I think this only makes sense if the man was plotting crimes prior (perhaps only in his mind; perhaps not fully committed; perhaps as the "if I have to go; everyone goes" mindset (which is seen so often in criminals).

<modsnip: There is nothing to support that BK suffered from depression or anxiety.>

IMO. I thank you for your research (and the bolding, boy does it help). I always look forward to your posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for making my point much clearer than I did! It’s really interesting to me to see the different interpretations of the scarce available info & how it can shift over time. I appreciate so much folks sharing things that haven’t occurred to me, even if it doesn’t settle things in my mind.
Agree @North_Idaho_Nony. I too appreciate all the voices here on WS helping.
To help me make sense of clues I make timelines. Here's one I used to keep track of BK's days after the murders.
BK likely thought he was home-free having meticulously planned so well, at least for a while. I don't believe in coincidence so this helped me see what if any things were closely connected.

"DAY" is how many days after the murder.
BK's DAYS OF FANTASY DENIAL TIMELINE
DAY 0: (Sunday, November 13) MURDERS 4:04--4:20 a.m.
9:12--9:21 BK returns to scene for 9 minutes
11:58-- 911 call "unconscious person"

DAY 2: (Nov 15) Mayor says "crime of passion" which BK parrots to neighbor
DAY 3: (Nov 16) LE ask public for camera footage; FBI announce joining case
DAY 4: (Nov 17) BK's "nice & charming" at routine DR appt
DAY 5: (Nov 18) BK's Elantra registered with WA license plates
DAY 6: (Nov 19) BK's students report grading lighter seemed different (no actual dates but after the murders)
DAY 8: (Nov 21) BK's birthday 11/21/94 (28th b-day)
DAY 11 (Nov 24) THANKSGIVING (BK called neighbor to wish Happy T-Day)
DAY 12:(Nov 25) BOLO to LE re:white Hyundai Elantra (12 days b4 public knew)
(11/25 REALITY HITS AT BOLO -- 34 days till BK is arrested)

DAY 16: (Nov 29) BK does NOT know--WSU officer locates his car
DAY 17: (Nov 30) BK's Nov 30 PA License plate expired
DAY 22: (Dec 5) BK received the Washington license plate CFB-8708
DAY 24: (Dec 7) LE ask public’s help id'ing owner 2011-13 white Hyundai Elantra
DAY 24: (Dec 7) Mtg w profs cite BK sexist attitude toward women & his 'behavioral issues' concerning
BK's Dad arrives in one week to drive back to PA.

DAY 26: (Dec 9) 2nd altercation w Snyder, BK told he 'had made no progress regarding professionalism'
DAY 30: (Dec 12 or 13) Dad flies to Seattle, to Spokane to Pullman meets son for holiday drive home to PA
DAY 30: (Dec 13) Loma Colorado lic plate reader father/son drive to PA
DAY 32: (Dec 15) Cross country drive. IN traffic stops 10:41 am & 10:50 am
DAY 33: (Dec 16) PA car serviced. BK's Dad told mechanic son would be driving back to WA.
DAY 36: (Dec 19) BK was officially terminated from WSU TA position

DAY 47: (Dec 30) BK arrested at his parent's home in Pennsylvania

IMO BK had access to a police scanner at WSU or elsewhere to hear the BOLO on Nov 25, 12 days before the public knew. There are other significant events and dates before the murders but this helped me with events after Nov 13 to BK's arrest on Dec 30.

All MOO and thank you all for your contributions..
edit typo date

Last edited:
I doubt she made up the exonerating evidence because I can't imagine a judge being okay with that.
Yes, this is the most interesting part ….. as I doubt she would risk tarnishing her reputation with a false claim ….. But as to what it might be ???? Who knows???? but it has us all intrigued! (Well me anyway)

There dont seem to be any media leaks from the Defence side of things….

One would think, on the basis of a fair trial alone, that something like this would be a hot topic for journalists covering the case …. But it appears not!

However, I do think the gag order is a good thing in attempting to ensure a fair trial, and I don’t think it will be lifted …

JMO

Agree @North_Idaho_Nony. I too appreciate all the voices here on WS helping.
To help me make sense of clues I make timelines. Here's one I used to keep track of BK's days after the murders.
BK likely thought he was home-free having meticulously planned so well, at least for a while. I don't believe in coincidence so this helped me see what if any things were closely connected.

"DAY" is how many days after the murder.
BK's DAYS OF FANTASY DENIAL TIMELINE
DAY 0: (Sunday, November 13) MURDERS 4:04--4:20 a.m.
9:12--9:21 BK returns to scene for 9 minutes
11:58-- 911 call "unconscious person"

DAY 2: (Nov 15) Mayor says "crime of passion" which BK parrots to neighbor
DAY 3: (Nov 16) LE ask public for camera footage; FBI announce joining case
DAY 4: (Nov 17) BK's "nice & charming" at routine DR appt
DAY 5: (Nov 18) BK's Elantra registered with WA license plates
DAY 6: (Nov 19) BK's students report grading lighter seemed different (no actual dates but after the murders)
DAY 8: (Nov 21) BK's birthday 11/21/94 (28th b-day)
DAY 11 (Nov 24) THANKSGIVING (BK called neighbor to wish Happy T-Day)
DAY 12:(Nov 25) BOLO to LE re:white Hyundai Elantra (12 days b4 public knew)
(11/25 REALITY HITS AT BOLO -- 34 days till BK is arrested)

DAY 16: (Nov 29) BK does NOT know--WSU officer locates his car
DAY 17: (Nov 30) BK's Nov 30 PA License plate expired
DAY 22: (Dec 5) BK received the Washington license plate CFB-8708
DAY 24: (Dec 7) LE ask public’s help id'ing owner 2011-13 white Hyundai Elantra
DAY 24: (Dec 7) Mtg w profs cite BK sexist attitude toward women & his 'behavioral issues' concerning
BK's Dad arrives in one week to drive back to PA.

DAY 26: (Dec 9) 2nd altercation w Snyder, BK told he 'had made no progress regarding professionalism'
DAY 30: (Dec 12 or 13) Dad flies to Seattle, to Spokane to Pullman meets son for holiday drive home to PA
DAY 30: (Dec 13) Loma Colorado lic plate reader father/son drive to PA
DAY 32: (Dec 15) Cross country drive. IN traffic stops 10:41 am & 10:50 am
DAY 33: (Dec 16) PA car serviced. BK's Dad told mechanic son would be driving back to WA.
DAY 36: (Dec 19) BK was officially terminated from WSU TA position

DAY 47: (Dec 30) BK arrested at his parent's home in Pennsylvania

IMO BK had access to a police scanner at WSU or elsewhere to hear the BOLO on Nov 25, 12 days before the public knew. There are other significant events and dates before the murders but this helped me with events after Nov 13 to BK's arrest on Dec 20.

All MOO and thank you all for your contributions..
Thankyou!! I do love timelines in cases like this!!!

I think there is another important thing to add on your Day 0 …

It appears BK went off grid for another 2 -3 hours that afternoon ….
I am wondering if he returned to the site where he may have dumped everything???JMO

From Page 18 - BK returned to the Johnson area ….

The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

Thankyou!! I do love timelines in cases like this!!!

I think there is another important thing to add on your Day 0 …

It appears BK went off grid for another 2 -3 hours that afternoon ….
I am wondering if he returned to the site where he may have dumped everything???JMO

From Page 18 - BK returned to the Johnson area ….

The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

One other thing to keep in mind: there's just not much out there, so if you haven't toodled across the PNW in some of these more "remote" places, then it's hard to imagine life without cell signal, but I'm here to tell you. There are literally signs in some parts of the PNW where the highway signs warn people not to get off because no services, no access to anything.

One other thing to keep in mind: there's just not much out there, so if you haven't toodled across the PNW in some of these more "remote" places, then it's hard to imagine life without cell signal, but I'm here to tell you. There are literally signs in some parts of the PNW where the highway signs warn people not to get off because no services, no access to anything.
Oh I though it was only Australia in first world countries that had this problem!!! I wouldn’t have thought that for the USA so Thankyou ….

The other side to that route he took that afternoon, (for a PHD Criminology Student) is why would he travel basically the same route back to Pullman as the night of the murders???

I mean seriously, wouldn’t the average person consider taking a totally different route??? So as not to put yourself there twice in a 24 hour period???

But I guess he did go back to King Road the next morning …..

Its quite astounding when you think about it …..

IMO.

Oh I though it was only Australia in first world countries that had this problem!!! I wouldn’t have thought that for the USA so Thankyou ….

The other side to that route he took that afternoon, (for a PHD Criminology Student) is why would he travel basically the same route back to Pullman as the night of the murders???

I mean seriously, wouldn’t the average person consider taking a totally different route??? So as not to put yourself there twice in a 24 hour period???

But I guess he did go back to King Road the next morning …..

Its quite astounding when you think about it …..

IMO.
Not a lot of options out there. His other choice was through Moscow, so less direct and probably not the best choice. If you look at the map, you'll see:

For those who haven't been out to the PNW and esp east of the Cascades, it's pretty darned empty. It's possible to fall into a cell signal abyss on parts of the coast, too. It's not one giant strip mall. And then there are the forested areas...

For fun, google some of those little towns and you'll see what the population isn't. I know it's the Daily Mail so exaggeration ahead, but: Retracing Bryan Kohberger's alleged route on night of Idaho murders

And my comment on that story is that he didn't need a map because literally, you get on the road and drive. There is not any way to get lost. Once I'm out of whatever major city, I can drive from WC to Denver without a map. It's that wide open through WA, OR, MT, ID, WY, and only a couple of main highways down to Denver.

Last edited:

I prefer (strongly) not to give instructions on this, on SM. I have refrained from it and I wish everyone else would, as well.

IMO. We don't need any more SM instructions specific to this and I don't think most people know it.

Even if BK did it, I'm not fond of publicizing how it's done.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member