4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
His head looks like it doesnt belong in this pic and where did his long neck go? MOO

Edit to add: Look a couple of posts above at Nila's pic, you cant even see his head in the pic she posted, did the photographer ask him to duck? LOL

Could be a photoshop, but it could also be the camera angle (slightly above him), and the way his jacket is obscuring part of his chest area (the jacket makes his shoulders look better, so his head looks disproportional). This same picture is in the college's materials - you think the college would have photoshopped BK's picture into the audience?

That's my belief, anyway.

IMO.

I think this link is OK to share since I signed out of my account to make sure it’s not paywalled:
Was FBI tailing Bryan Kohberger cross-country? Why Indiana police stopped him twice

“Contrary to reports, the Dec. 15 traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI,” the FBI’s Indianapolis office said in January. Instead, the stops by Indiana State Police and the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office were separate drug interdiction checks, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told the Statesman.”

EBM: to correct what turned out to be a paywalled Idaho Statesman link to the non-paywalled source @Nila Aella (thanks!) found & shared

Last edited:
I think this link is OK to share since I signed out of my account to make sure it’s not paywalled:
Was FBI tailing Bryan Kohberger cross-country? Why Indiana police stopped him twice

“Contrary to reports, the Dec. 15 traffic stops conducted on the vehicle being driven by Bryan Kohberger in Indiana were not requested or directed by the FBI,” the FBI’s Indianapolis office said in January. Instead, the stops by Indiana State Police and the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office were separate drug interdiction checks, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told the Statesman.”
It doesn't surprise me that the traffic stops weren't requested or directed by the FBI. IMO I think it's simply because he's a crappy and impatient driver. All MOO!

I don't know how I feel about this, I don't see it as beneficial to anyone other than Patterson, if he had information it should have been given to the authorities.... just my thoughts.
I’ve never read any of Patterson’s books, but I’ve always been aware of him generally and assume he is respected and has a good reputation.

That article says he’s working on this book with Vicky Ward. I became aware of her from following the Murdaugh trial and the boat case.

So it’s going to be a hard No for me on that book.

jmo

[…]
Ward is a journalist working on a documentary entitled "The Murdaugh Murders," which released an online trailer Nov. 24. The trailer video incorporates six different sections from a confidential mediation video belonging to the Beach family, the suit alleges.

The suit states that Ward and others aided and abetted the other defendants in their civil conspiracy "to inflict severe emotional distress upon the Plaintiffs and to harass them in a manner so unconscionable it shocks the conscience."

The Beach family states in the civil complaint that at no time did they ever agree to participate in "Ward’s tasteless and completely obscene production."

The suit further states: "In an attempt to get the Plaintiffs and their counsel to appear in her documentary, Vicky Ward acknowledged that Parker and his law firm, referencing Defendant D’Cruz’s law firm Baker Hostetler, 'had an agenda' and that she had 'nothing to do with them other than having their stuff.'

[…]
This conspiracy was allegedly done by Parker and his attorneys providing videos and photos, which were reportedly confidential images to be used in the wrongful death civil mediation process, to Ward, a New York-based journalist.

These confidential images included photographs of Mallory Beach’s dead body as it was discovered on a mud flat in a Beaufort County river, a week after the fatal boat crash, the suit contends. These images also include other members of the Beach family, which they say were stolen for the profit of others as well as being an invasion of their privacy.

[…]
According to her website, Ward is a New York Times bestselling author, a former journalist for CNN and HuffPost, and most recently the host and producer of “Chasing Ghislaine,” a project based on the lives of Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, which has been published as Audible Original podcast and a Discovery Plus documentary.

I hit a paywall on that link. But this one worked for me:

MOO

I hit a paywall on that link. But this one worked for me:

MOO
I didn't, I live in Indiana so I read the whole thing! Aggressive driver with out of state plate will definitely get you pulled over on an Indiana interstate. Even worse now that marijuana is sold legally in Michigan, busting them right and left on I-69!

Just read the Defendants memorandum on Cameras.
Brilliant IMO

Order permitting zoom participation: Had to look up media intelligence:

Media intelligence uses data mining and data science to analyze public, social and editorial media content. It refers to marketing systems that synthesize billions of online conversations into relevant information

Motion to take Judicial notice
Brilliant too IMO
Interestng choices of media coverage. MOO
Looked up judicial notice rule

IRE 201 b 2

Article II. Judicial Notice

Idaho Rules of Evidence Rule 201. Judicial Notice of Adjudicative Facts.
(a) Scope.
This rule governs judicial notice of an adjudicative fact only, not a legislative fact.

(b) Kinds of Facts That May Be Judicially Noticed. The court may judicially notice a fact that is not subject to reasonable dispute because it:

(1) is generally known within the trial court's territorial jurisdiction; or

(2) can be accurately and readily determined from sources whose accuracy cannot reasonably be questioned.

It's also based on the fact that he's been arrested for and charged with the brutal knife murders of four people, including three young women.
That's exactly what everything posted about BK is based upon for the most part, but it shouldn't be. There is little balance in the narrative. He may very well be guilty, but the photo was presented without context. There is discussion about where he is sitting in the room: He may always sit in the front of the room. He may have been late and the only seat available was in the front. He may have been told to sit there, etc.

It will not make it stop 100%, but getting official news from official sources, should calm things down considerably. The dearth of information is causing MSM to make up stuff to make the defendant look as guilty as possible before the trial. IMO, that WILL poison the jury pool much more than exposing the facts of the investigation before the trial.
IMO, if that is what they are doing, that is another reason they are not to be trusted with additional, official information.

I disagree. If they're going to slam him for stuff not even connected to the crime, they'll do that regardless. And honestly, IMO, the reason the state is on-board with the gag order is maybe because unsavory things may also be said about a victim if the gag order is lifted. That's speculation on my part based on the state agreeing with the gag order, coupled with all those warrants that, IMO, imply at least one of the victims knew BK before the murders. I also think there are a number of others who could be affected based on the warrants. For all of these reasons, the gag order should remain, IMO.
In the Casey Anthony case, once discovery came out, the media refocused from making up stuff to covering the discovery. There was a LOT of discovery and once the people at Websleuths read it, they learned the importance of a certain kind of tape and located a photo of it for LE that directly linked more of the tape to the Anthony household. IMO, the same sort of thing could happen in any case which is why I believe the Sunshine Law is so valuable to justice.

That's exactly what everything posted about BK is based upon for the most part, but it shouldn't be. There is little balance in the narrative. He may very well be guilty, but the photo was presented without context. There is discussion about where he is sitting in the room: He may always sit in the front of the room. He may have been late and the only seat available was in the front. He may have been told to sit there, etc.
If you look at the second photo, the people nearest the camera are who are seated at the front in the first photo. BK is not in that second photo. IMO either he was left and out of the frame or he was already seated in the room when the others came in or the photo is fake.

In the Casey Anthony case, once discovery came out, the media refocused from making up stuff to covering the discovery. There was a LOT of discovery and once the people at Websleuths read it, they learned the importance of a certain kind of tape and located a photo of it for LE that directly linked more of the tape to the Anthony household. IMO, the same sort of thing could happen in any case which is why I believe the Sunshine Law is so valuable to justice.

And we saw what happened with CA in the end. Also, the CA case was 13 years ago. A lot has changed, IMO.

If anyone wants a perfect example of why the media shouldn't be trusted with access about this case, just look at the coverage of the Atwood photo, including headlines using words I don't think we can use on WS any longer. Those allegations are based on literally nothing but social media gossip and theories by everyday citizens. That's not journalism, IMO.

MOO.

Last edited:
Exactly. However, I do think this is being caused by the gag order. Lacking any other news about the case, some journalist (or jounalists) has/have decided to investigate BK's past and write articles about his past coloring them with what he is accused of. First we had him lying about cutting fish, now we have him attending an event with mostly women to perhaps stalk them or select a victim. I'm sure the media can go on and on this way making him look more and more guilty for nearly anything he has ever done right up to the trial.
Are there really any grounds for the media to blame the non-dissemination order for what they choose to report on or investigate? The media are not children and are responsible for their own stories. They could be investigating court processes/rules for instance and telling the public if it is possible for victims to file motions with the court in a criminal case. People click and read this stuff so the media report. Or the media report so people click and read? It's chicken and egg Imo. Moo

Any argument that the court via the non-dissemination order is responsible for what media do report on is not going to work at the up coming hearing, Imo. I noticed that the State is now using a civil lawyer to respond to the Assoct Press, which probably frees up the other attorneys to get on with the more impartant job of preparing the case. Moo

If you look at the second photo, the people nearest the camera are who are seated at the front in the first photo. BK is not in that second photo. IMO either he was left and out of the frame or he was already seated in the room when the others came in or the photo is fake.
Not sure if it means anything but I notice 2 people missing from the second photo. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne