4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we be able to watch this hearing online anywhere?

It's really hard to believe it had nothing to do with drugs, for me, personally - just as an immediate intuition. Practically all the sibling thefts I know about are related to drugs in some way.

Of course, we will never know. But his siblings know the whole story (so now it makes a bit more sense that one or both of them might have spoken either to Dateline or to "someone close to the investigation," (such as each other).

Most people drawn so young to heroin are experiencing other mental health symptoms, IME and IMO.

Big tangled ball of yarn, IMO.
The scariest part of the phone theft is when he told his father "not to do anything stupid". Sure sounds like a threat to me. BK Update

The defendant #BryanKohberger has entered the courtroom. He is not in his prison jumpsuit, but a black suit and dark tie. He was also allowed to wear a similar suit during the last gag order hearing a few weeks ago. Judge Judge has just entered and we are now on the record.

No family members of the #Idaho4 victims appear to be in Latah County courtroom today. #Kohberger

Defendant Bryan #Kohberger just entered courtroom with his attorneys. He's wearing a suit and tie again. Judge John Judge is on the bench, and Prosecutor Bill Thompson is handling the case on the behalf of the state of Idaho.

Judge is talking about revised gag order. Prosecutors and defense and any "agents" are affected by this order. Some media think that doesn't apply to law enforcement, but it does, he said.

Judge said law enforcement will be included in order, along with investigators, just to make definitions clear. Retained witnesses will be included. Judge doesn't want trial to be in the media.

Cameras are in courtroom right now. People have been pushing the envelope, judge said. Cameras can't be turned to top of tables where notes sit. Don't focus on solely on defendant, judge advises. Back off, and make sure you capture totality of what's happening in court.

MOO the death penalty keeps convicted murderer busy and hopeful. I personally prefer life in supermax with no chance of parole.
Which is a "death sentence," just a really slow death in place of a quick one.
There's only one Federal Supermax prison (ADX Florence, CO), the closest Idaho has is IMSI which is south of Boise. If he is put on death row he will very likely be housed there, if life with/out parole based on his lack or prior offenses its debatable where he'd wind up but likely still IMSI.
The U.S. is the only advanced Western country that regularly still applies the death penalty.

I truly hate the thought of the death penalty, it seems antiquated, painful, regressive, a salt in the wound, more agony to add upon the agony... But the victims families and friends? ..their agony never ends...some will feel safer knowing he is gone..others will never feel safer.

does it work as a deterrent? I don't know...but whenever I see a killer like this, any killer of women and children..a man who comes in the night as a slasher... my first inclination says we must put this man down...let's not wait for god's judgement but hasten it along... why should he have time to make peace and repent? what chance did he give to others?

I don't think this was his first time either... and if they put him to death, I can have peace with it mOO

My personal opinion is that people should be kept alive in case of the small chance of a miracle, a confession, or any type of insight that means humanity as a whole learns something about the nature of people. With the exception of if that person strongly and sustainedly desires to be euthanized.

To my mind, BK sounds like the person who is maybe so arrogant, if guilty, that he would wish to tell a lot and express himself, people could learn something about the criminal mind maybe. Put his studies to good use... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab