4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Sure he can keep the non alibi but BK will have to testify imo to get it into evidence.

IMHO, BK will want to take the stand, but I suspect that if he does it will be against his legal team's strong advice. Aside from what he would say, how he would say it and how he would react to the prosecution team questioning him would be a large concern. As with any defendant, it's not too hard to present themselves in a positive light when they are sitting quietly listening to the trial...it's another thing when it comes to how a defendant will respond to questioning.

We can only HOPE he takes the stand because if he does, all bets are off...because ANYTHING can be asked by the prosecution.

Just my opinion....

I remain curious about the nature of the complaint referenced in
Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger dropped from high school police course after complaint.

It’s something I think of when revisiting the statements about BK’s character his PA Public Defender made shortly after BK’s arrest.

Things like that, stealing his sister’s phone, harassing female employees & customers at a bar/tavern, & all that stuff remain interesting to me even though they don’t directly relate to his alleged horrific crimes here.

FWIW, I don’t see BK taking the stand in his own defense, MOO, but who knows?!

Except LE is pretty clear that it was his car and we all saw the Twitch video with amazing clarity. But somehow, it was too foggy to believe he was driving around. So was there dense fog or not? We can't have it both ways. MOO
IMO, Likely not. At least in the area of the house. As we've seen videos of that night (mainly a police officer's body cam footage on an adjacent street) that caused rabid speculation.

But from what I understand about fog (it's been awhile since 5th grade science class so obviously MOO) you need a body of water and/or some sort of snow melting warmth to create the right conditions.

From what I remember about the park that's mentioned in his alibi there's a fairly significant (more than a puddle, smaller than a great lake) body of water there. Were the conditions right to fog up that entire area or that specific road on that night? I have no clue. But I'm sure prosecutors will if it's relevant.

MOO, of course.

I wonder if AT is having trouble attracting high calibre expert witnesses in some areas. One more reason why she is selling Kohberger's innocence more aggressively. "Nobody wants to talk with us" (paraphrase).

Fighting to have courtroom cameras removed to courting publicity is quite the jump.

Former roommate of murdered Idaho college students recalls learning of killings
It could have "happened while I was there," Ashlin Couch said on "GMA."

But years before that unthinkable night, six U of I students moved into their first-off campus home; one of those six was Ashlin.

Ashlin moved out just six months before the murders.

"So I actually moved out in May of 2022 and then Xana did take over my lease."

Last edited:
IMHO, BK will want to take the stand, but I suspect that if he does it will be against his legal team's strong advice. Aside from what he would say, how he would say it and how he would react to the prosecution team questioning him would be a large concern. As with any defendant, it's not too hard to present themselves in a positive light when they are sitting quietly listening to the trial...it's another thing when it comes to how a defendant will respond to questioning.
Agree it's unlikely his attorneys will want him to testify. It's just my impression but feel like BK will follow whatever AT advises, so barring a change to Idaho alibi rules am predicting no alibi defense ...eventually. moo

On one hand, I think he would love to spar in the courtroom. I also believe that he has studied trials enough to know the pros and cons of testifying, and will do what he believes gives him his desired outcome. Whatever that is.

Ben Roberts, a fellow graduate student at WSU, said he took several courses with Kohberger after the two started the program together in August. Kohberger "was always looking for a way to fit in," Roberts told the AP.

Roberts said Kohberger would "find the most complicated way to explain something."
"He had to make sure you knew that he knew it," Roberts added.

This statement reminds me of BK's Pullman traffic stop for not making a turn correctly.

When BK talked to the officer it did sound like he was finding the most complicated way to explain things and making sure the officer knew he really did know about turns - in detail.

A Desale University classmate said BK would point out what the professor was saying wrong, correct his professors.

When your on the stand you are only suppose to answer yes and no and give short answers, stick strictly to the questions asked.

I believe BK is incapable of this and would talk way too much on the stand, even argue with the prosecuting attorney. He would get upset with the damning questions, go off on a spiel, and eventually incriminate himself.

There are many things a defense attorney wants to suppress but if the defendant starts talking about it on the stand he opens himself to cross examination on the very topic his attorneys wanted to keep away from the jury.

In other words, BK would be a complete train wreck on the stand for Anne Taylor, and a Golden Buzzer moment for Bill Thompson.

2 Cents....How it looks to me

BK can present very well in formal structured settings, so they might.
Hard to predict how credible he might appear as he presents his 'alibi'. Murdaugh made a mess lying under oath and was quite see through but granted BK is a different kettle of fish. It's possible he may have nerves of steel when under oath I suppose. Jmo. Something for AT to assess I guess given the assumption he tells her he is innocent. Moo

ETA also his credibility for the jury will be affected by other aspects of the trial: it will sound ridiculous if D hasn't been successful in casting doubt over the video, cell phone and dna evidence. This is one of the reasons, which I think you've already noted,why AT is trying to stretch compliance with alibi defense ICRs so as to combine albi with using expert for casting doubt over cast analysis in general.Moo. She wants to link alibi with doubt about cast in the minds of jurors. I don't think that is the intention of the Alibi rules and imo eventually JJJ will deal accordingly (with what's currently going down). moo

Last edited:
Ben Roberts, a fellow graduate student at WSU, said he took several courses with Kohberger after the two started the program together in August. Kohberger "was always looking for a way to fit in," Roberts told the AP.

Roberts said Kohberger would "find the most complicated way to explain something."
"He had to make sure you knew that he knew it," Roberts added.

This statement reminds me of BK's Pullman traffic stop for not making a turn correctly.

When BK talked to the officer it did sound like he was finding the most complicated way to explain things and making sure the officer knew he really did know about turns - in detail.

A Desale University classmate said BK would point out what the professor was saying wrong, correct his professors.

When your on the stand you are only suppose to answer yes and no and give short answers, stick strictly to the questions asked.

I believe BK is incapable of this and would talk way too much on the stand, even argue with the prosecuting attorney. He would get upset with the damning questions, go off on a spiel, and eventually incriminate himself.

There are many things a defense attorney wants to suppress but if the defendant starts talking about it on the stand he opens himself to cross examination on the very topic his attorneys wanted to keep away from the jury.

In other words, BK would be a complete train wreck on the stand for Anne Taylor, and a Golden Buzzer moment for Bill Thompson.

2 Cents....How it looks to me

he always thinks he's the smartest one in the room. Won't happen in this courtroom

When testimony starts, I can see BK huffing and puffing, rolling his eyes and showing contempt every time he hears testimony that HE WOULD LIKE A SHOT AT REFRUTING or trying to explain it away.

His lawyers have probably told him that not testifying is his only chance of not being found guilty.

I don't think he will be able to resist the temptation of taking the prosecutor on head to head and try to actually question the prosecutor himself and also just answer prosecutor questions with snarky counter questions.

Here is what I imagine.......
Prosecutor: "Mr. Kohberger, how come you can't prove exactly where you were in the early hours of the morning in question?"

BK: "How does anyone know exactly where there were on a given date and time? I only got asked about this 6 weeks afterwards! Who can remember that far back? Answer is Nobody can remember about some random night 6 weeks ago! So let me ask you Bill.....Do you know Bill where you were at the time date and time? Like how can you prove it if you say you were sleeping and you just had left your phone at the house? Can you prove you didn't kill those girls yourself, Bill?"

Prosecutor: "Mr. Kohberger, we are not talking about me. You are the accused and are the one on trial."

BK: "But how can you prove you were not the murderer Mr. Thompson. I can't prove it just like you can't prove it."

Would that be contempt of court?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R