4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad there will be a public hearing after all.
IMO, one thing is finally going to be cleared up: was BK's phone really switched off or in airplane mode/out of range?
Whatever we think of SyRay's technology (good or bad), it can't produce data out of a phone that's switched off.
If there was any data generated by the phone during the time of the crimes, that will unquestionably mean the phone was on, even in airplane mode. If there's a gap in the gps data, then the phone was undeniably switched off.
Of course BK's exact location will still be up for dispute, but on/off should finally be settled once and for all. It might not be much, but I for one will be glad to finally see the truth emerge, even on that small point.
MOO.

I'm so glad there will be a public hearing after all.
IMO, one thing is finally going to be cleared up: was BK's phone really switched off or in airplane mode/out of range?
Whatever we think of SyRay's technology (good or bad), it can't produce data out of a phone that's switched off.
If there was any data generated by the phone during the time of the crimes, that will unquestionably mean the phone was on, even in airplane mode. If there's a gap in the gps data, then the phone was undeniably switched off.
Of course BK's exact location will still be up for dispute, but on/off should finally be settled once and for all. It might not be much, but I for one will be glad to finally see the truth emerge, even on that small point.
MOO.

Doesn't sound like a small point

I am very surprised that BK left any DNA at all. BK is very savvy in the area of crime scene evidence. He was a PhD criminology student who actually wanted to help the police do better - just can't make this stuff up.

Many mass murderers who know less about crime than BK do not leave blood evidence all over their car and living space. They know to cover their car in plastic and throw all their clothes away before even going home. Plus, BK seems to have meticulously cleaned his car according to MSM "sources."

(Maybe this will come up at trial from a prosecution witness)

So check out how savvy BK is:

Kohberger, a PhD student in criminology at Washington State University, wanted to intern with the Pullman Police Department in the Fall 2022 semester, according to the affidavit made public Thursday.

In an essay he submitted with his application, the alleged killer wrote that he wanted to assist “rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological

data in public safety operations,” the affidavit says.

So I'm trying to find information on what this means and to me it shows a defendant with enough knowledge to evade capture through car/house blood/DNA evidence.

Police agencies engaged in data-driven policing use data to identify and address patterns (e.g., in crime incidents and personnel behaviors). Data-driven policing improves strategic and tactical decision-making by enhancing agency capacity to detect problems and develop efficient and effective solutions to inform deployment and maximize the impact of limited departmental resources.

LAPD Deputy Chief Dennis Kato tracks crime statistics in near real time and searches across databases using new, more powerful analytics tools.
View attachment 503859

BK really DIDN'T leave any DNA at the crime scene. He was very meticulous at the house and this was well planned out.

HOWEVER, what he ACTUALLY DID was fail to clean every nook and cranny on the knife sheath. If it was just on the underside of the female part of the snap, then he wiped everything clean on the sheath instead of submerging it in alcohol. He messed up only on the smallest of details as far as DNA was concerned.

Without the DNA, to me, all the other evidence against him is purely circumstantial and he would never get convicted of this crime.

WITH THE DNA, the case is extremely strong when you throw in the mountain of circumstantial evidence that sheds light on his activities during the murders. DNA is the gorilla evidence.

He got caught by the tiniest of errors. But that goes to show you there really are very few perfect crimes.

BK really DIDN'T leave any DNA at the crime scene. He was very meticulous at the house and this was well planned out.

HOWEVER, what he ACTUALLY DID was fail to clean every nook and cranny on the knife sheath. If it was just on the underside of the female part of the snap, then he wiped everything clean on the sheath instead of submerging it in alcohol. He messed up only on the smallest of details as far as DNA was concerned.

Without the DNA, to me, all the other evidence against him is purely circumstantial and he would never get convicted of this crime.

WITH THE DNA, the case is extremely strong when you throw in the mountain of circumstantial evidence that sheds light on his activities during the murders. DNA is the gorilla evidence.

He got caught by the tiniest of errors. But that goes to show you there really are very few perfect crimes.
You are right! BK didn't leave any fresh DNA at the crime scene! Owing, no doubt, to extra-meticulous care not to. What he did no was transfer DNA from his apartment (or whoever he previously handled the sheath) and inserted it (surely by accident) into the crime scene!

Of course, it doesn't change that it was there, it just really highlights the devil's in the details.

I don't think BK is beating himself up though. He's probably fascinated, fascinated with criminology and what trips criminals up. I detest any notoriety any of this brings on him. He's not worthy.

JMO

Circumstantial evidence convicts people all the time. DNA is 100% what the jury wants to see most of all I agree, but with all the other evidence against BK: video surveillance of his car passing by 4 times at the time of the murders, phone pings, previous trips to the house, and some of which we don't of yet, I wouldn't say he would never been convicted.

I'm just thankful that there IS DNA and BK isn't as smart as he thinks he is, and yes, these killers are never perfect. It may take time, but they always make a mistake.

I just want to see his smug, coiffed and manicured self on trial sooner rather than later. These families and the community deserve it.

JMO

A few new dates.​

State of Idaho v. Bryan C. Kohberger​

Latah County CR29-22-2805

Case Summary (Updated 05/14/24)

Idaho Judicial Cases of Interest

Double check in case any were missed or incorrect ;)

-- May 14 motions to compel is vacated
May 30, 2024 @10:00 am PT. Reset motions to compel and open to the public

-- May 16 hearing @ 3:00 pm PT IGG portion (sealed) was vacated and reset for May 30, 2024 @1:30 pm PT

-- May 23 hearing @2:30 pm PT the defense will call a witness to testify. Open to the public/possibly discontinue the live stream if any issues arise

Not to be a pain y'all - a reminder (mainly for me :)) only. The hearing initially scheduled today is no longer & is rescheduled for May 30.

There are two hearings on May 30.

Also, as noted a hearing on May 23 is scheduled at this time.

Circumstantial evidence convicts people all the time. DNA is 100% what the jury wants to see most of all I agree, but with all the other evidence against BK: video surveillance of his car passing by 4 times at the time of the murders, phone pings, previous trips to the house, and some of which we don't of yet, I wouldn't say he would never been convicted.

I'm just thankful that there IS DNA and BK isn't as smart as he thinks he is, and yes, these killers are never perfect. It may take time, but they always make a mistake.

I just want to see his smug, coiffed and manicured self on trial sooner rather than later. These families and the community deserve it.

JMO

I don't think the video evidence of his car matters MUCH....UNLESS they have a clear enough/non blurry view to either see his license plate or that he is missing his front license plate.

I'm trying to remember when law enforcement knew that the car they were looking for did not have a front license plate. I did some googling but couldn't find an article that said more than "we don't have a plate number."

it is VERY HARD to see a car license plate AT NIGHT .... UNLESS it is STATIONARY.

The aperture has to stay open very long to let enough light in and that blurs all the video

I'm trying to remember when law enforcement knew that the car they were looking for did not have a front license plate. I did some googling but couldn't find an article that said more than "we don't have a plate number."

They knew as soon as they started looking at video footage then turned it over to FBI.

From PCA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-130012.png
    Screenshot_20240516-130012.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240516-125936.png
    Screenshot_20240516-125936.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 18
it is VERY HARD to see a car license plate AT NIGHT .... UNLESS it is STATIONARY.

The 1121 bulb cam features IR illumination within a range of 10-15M. It does a good job highlighting people nearing your property. On the flip side, it lacks Highlight Compensation and Wide Dynamic Range, and is poor at processing light. Imo, the camera has value as part of a longer sequence of recordings tracking SV1's approach and departure, and when the three-point turn is performed, showing enough detail to confirm the make and model.

Attachments

• bulb_cam.jpg
    bulb_cam.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 18
They knew as soon as they started looking at video footage then turned it over to FBI.

From PCA
And for anyone interested, the clerk from the Food Mart at the Mobil station took a still shot from the video handed over to LE. The still shot isn’t very helpful to me, MOO, but we have no idea what else the actual video shows — it could well clearly show the absence/presence of a front license plate.
Source: Idaho murders: Person in white car spotted on video has 'critical' information, police say

IMG_2659.jpeg

Since we haven't seen the Prosecution's Motion, we don't really know what they mean, do we? Fruit of what poisonous tree?

IMO, JMO

Looks like it relates to

1.) Wire taps
2.) Probable Cause for search
3.) Field-preformance of drug dog

I think the wire tap relates to BK's phone and drug dogs were likely in the places that were searched.

2 Cents

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-153245.png
    Screenshot_20240516-153245.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 10

I don’t think he left the sheath behind on purpose. He’s not the genius he thinks he is.
The prosecution will have a beautiful bundle of circumstantial evidence, to accompany the DNA evidence, tied with a bow of justice, to present to the jury.

I too think the lengthy delay is aggravating. His defense lawyer appears to be using this crime for her career, and not just ensuring a good defense for her client. Shades of Mark Geragos, imo.

I cannot wait to hear from the surviving roommates, particularly the one who saw the killer, and explain how things played out. It’s still so crazy to me that the first two killings didn’t alert the other roommates to try and leave the house. There is so much we don’t know.

My heart breaks for the families of the victims and for the survivors. All of their lives are forever changed.

I cannot imagine how hard this all is on Brian’s family. I’d love to know what they really think.

And for anyone interested, the clerk from the Food Mart at the Mobil station took a still shot from the video handed over to LE. The still shot isn’t very helpful to me, MOO, but we have no idea what else the actual video shows — it could well clearly show the absence/presence of a front license plate.
Source: Idaho murders: Person in white car spotted on video has 'critical' information, police say

View attachment 503992

I hope people do not judge the entire video on this unhelpful still shot of a video.

Still interesting to see. Thanks

I don’t think he left the sheath behind on purpose. He’s not the genius he thinks he is.
The prosecution will have a beautiful bundle of circumstantial evidence, to accompany the DNA evidence, tied with a bow of justice, to present to the jury.

I too think the lengthy delay is aggravating. His defense lawyer appears to be using this crime for her career, and not just ensuring a good defense for her client. Shades of Mark Geragos, imo.

I cannot wait to hear from the surviving roommates, particularly the one who saw the killer, and explain how things played out. It’s still so crazy to me that the first two killings didn’t alert the other roommates to try and leave the house. There is so much we don’t know.

My heart breaks for the families of the victims and for the survivors. All of their lives are forever changed.

I cannot imagine how hard this all is on Brian’s family. I’d love to know what they really think.

I hope AT is not using this case for her own career gain. Evil to try to gain something for your own selfish motives from 4 "kids" being killed for a deranged killer's "pleasure."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173