4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right?!?! They caught him attempting to hide his DNA IMO and they didn’t need to “take” anything to prove that. They witnessed it and that is enough. I don’t know why people want to believe someone else committed this crime. Like who? Somebody else whose DNA doesn’t exist at the crime scene? Weird. MOO.

People who are looking for ways to show BK is the wrong guy never show anything pointing to another suspect.

2 Cents

Excellent point!

<modsnip - personalizing>
“Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dressed in shorts and a shirt a [sic] wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate Ziploc baggies."
At Time of Arrest, Bryan Kohberger Was Wearing Latex Gloves and Putting Trash in Ziploc Bags: Prosecutor

Of course, anything on the person of BK was fair game for legal seizure at the time of his arrest. And what do you know — he had medical-type gloves on his person! You know, as we all tend to do at home at 1:30 AM :rolleyes:

Maybe Mr. Mancuso actually knew what he was talking about!

View attachment 505546
DocumentCloud

EBM: sentence correction
RBBM

Quoting this post because it contains important links.

"Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dressed in shorts and a shirt a [sic] wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate Ziploc baggies."

According to the reporting LEO, BK was awake. Was dressed. Was wearing medical type gloves. Was seated at the table. Had a baggie or baggies. Had trash.

That's what they officer saw.

Then comes the 'what the officer thinks', marked by the word 'apparently'. It appeared that he was "taking his personal trash and putting it into" either a separate Ziploc bag or into separate Ziploc baggies.

That's pretty specific.

Presumably he's got a source of trash and at least one baggie and there's smaller trash in that Baggie. It doesn't take a leap of genius to deduce what he's doing! It's self-evident.

And given what he was going to be charged with, his otherwise bizarre actions make sudden sense.

Officer wrote it down as he did because it was BK was doing. And we know why he was doing it.

One has to wonder for how long he had been doing that very thing! Gloves, baggies, and what? Running around town using other people's trash cans? Did he employ that same technique back at WSU? Had he always been peculiar about his items, his trash, general germs and/or DNA?

And why is he awake at all hours, when his peers, colleagues and kin are asleep, awake and doing weird things?

There's a psyche there to be studied.

JMO

We can probably clear this up. There's a really good chance that, while LE did not seize BK's carefully curated personal trash, it was photographed and documented.

They didn't need his trash. Certainly not to obtain his DNA.

They were set to get that from his mouth.

JMO

RBBM

"Mr. Kohberger was found awake in the kitchen area dressed in shorts and a shirt a [sic] wearing latex medical type gloves and apparently was taking his personal trash and putting it into a separate Ziploc baggies."

According to the reporting LEO, BK was awake. Was dressed. Was wearing medical type gloves. Was seated at the table. Had a baggie or baggies. Had trash.

Then comes the 'what the officer thinks', marked by the word 'apparently'. It appeared that he was "taking his personal trash and putting it into" either a separate Ziploc bag or into separate Ziploc baggies.

That's pretty specific.

Presumably he's got a source of trash and at least one baggie and there's smaller trash in that Baggie. It doesn't take a leap of genius to deduce what he's doing! It's self-evident.

And given what he was going to be charged with, his otherwise bizarre actions make sudden sense.

Officer wrote it down as he did because it was BK was doing. And we know why he was doing it.

One has to wonder for how long he had been doing that very thing! Gloves, baggies, and what? Running around town using other people's trash cans? Did he employ that same technique back at WSU? Had he always been peculiar about his items, his trash, general germs and/or DNA?

And why is he awake at all hours, when his peers, colleagues and kin are asleep, awake and doing weird things?

JMO

No, apparently he hadn't done this before because his family thought his wearing gloves was weird and his behavior weird so they searched his car.

2 Cents

We can probably clear this up. There's a really good chance that, while LE did not seize BK's carefully curated personal trash, it was photographed and documented.

JMO
RBBM Exactly and for sure. And as you say. obviously they were about to buccal swab him so they no longer needed to try and get a trash sample. But it would certainly explain why in the end they had to go with the paternal dna trash sample from PA (on 27th Dec) to match BK to sheath button for the arrest warrant. Moo

RBBM Exactly and for sure. And as you say. obviously they were about to buccal swab him so they no longer needed to try and get a trash sample. But it would certainly explain why in the end they had to go with the paternal dna trash sample from PA (on 27th Dec) to match BK to sheath button for the arrest warrant. Moo

They had so much evidence they did not use any DNA for the arrest warrant.

He was not 'working' the homicide on those dates and times she was asking the detective about. He had been asked by the prosecution to give them copies of the call log of BK for date of the murders. So he logged in specifically to make a copy of those. Then he logged out.

AT asked him why he didn't make a report and a copy of what he was doing---AS IF he was doing work on the murder case===which he wasn't. Who makes a copy of data for a project and then writes a report up and makes copies of themselves making copies? That makes no sense, but AT tried to make it look nefarious in some way.

He was working by the book. He did nothing wrong.

It's not the Prosecution that has those CAST reports. They are still waiting for them as well.

How do we know there don't have that letter or request?

Every trial I have followed ALWAYS has this same song and dance from the defense team---every single trial it's the same thing, same accusations, and I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. JMO
I would assume that the prosecution would have the evidence that they used to create the arrest affidavit as well as what they brought forward to the grand jury, which apparently includes all of the cellphone data and video data that they wouldn’t provide defense.

If it was so easy the day prior to just quickly whip up a report (so fast you don’t save your work log) when finally compelled by the court, I would think they could have easily created it months ago when the request for discovery came in.

I watch a lot of trials and I have not personally seen this type of situation. Defense asking for discovery and P just doesn’t give it to them.. to the point defense has to go to court to request a court order demanding prosecution hand over discovery. I am basing my opinion/concern on the information and reactions I’m seeing from lawyers who are watching the hearings and saying that this is concerning in the fair trial aspect.

Don’t we want to make sure the murderer is locked up for good? Just give the defense the evidence.

BK was trying to hide his personal trash because he was trying to hide his DNA. That is it. Period.

LE did not need BK's banana peels, dirty kleenex, plastic food and beverage containers, nail clippings and anything else like this (for example) ....

..... to get his DNA.

The warrant wanted his DNA but not by taking his garbage.

2 Cents
Maybe. But the warrant doesn't specify that bandaids will be seized either yet one was.
We now know what was found in Bryan Kohberger's car, home after new search warrants are unsealed

While the warrant specified BK's DNA would be collected, it also said anything that might contain DNA, blood, animal or human hair or other trace evidence could be seized. So that would cover the bandaid, I guess. Seems it would also cover "trash" especially since the warrant allowed seizures from the car like the door panel, an item not mentioned specifically in the warrant either that I can see. We don't know that the trash was only his and neither does LE if it wasn't examined.

https://www.pacourts.us/Storage/med...chwarrant(b.kohberger),inventory,exhibits.pdf

MOO

JMO

On the inventory of items taken there is one item that reads essentially "item(s) photographed but not taken." We all wondered at the time that the list was released what it could be--writing/doodling on the wall of his room, etc.

I think there's a good chance that it is the personal trash he was sorting when arrested--spread out, photographed, and documented.

They had so much evidence they did not use any DNA for the arrest warrant.
Yeah there was a supplemental disclosure in the PCA for the WA search warrant IIRC which the judge there acknowledged. In short if the paternal dna test result was ever challenged judge found that Probable Cause still stood for the Warrant. I'm not entirely sure if that disclosure also applied to arrest warrant jmo. But imo a very forward thinking move by prosecutors and LE and shows they were serious about believing they had the offender. Moo

Maybe. But the warrant doesn't specify that bandaids will be seized either yet one was.
We now know what was found in Bryan Kohberger's car, home after new search warrants are unsealed

While the warrant specified BK's DNA would be collected, it also said anything that might contain DNA, blood, animal or human hair or other trace evidence could be seized. So that would cover the bandaid, I guess. Seems it would also cover "trash" especially since the warrant allowed seizures from the car like the door panel, an item not mentioned specifically in the warrant either that I can see. We don't know that the trash was only his and neither does LE if it wasn't examined.

https://www.pacourts.us/Storage/med...chwarrant(b.kohberger),inventory,exhibits.pdf

MOO

This whole discussion was about BK was putting his trash in baggies not to hide his DNA but to comply to HOA rules.

This is not true as I and others have said in several posts...With links

I totally agree. If his knife is being planted to frame him, why wipe it at all? Plus, since DNA often can't be seen, I don't see how such a person could even know that any DNA remained after cleaning.

I just cannot see why the LE or a killer would randomly choose to frame BK of all people. If they were going that route, I would not buy that without significant proof he had an enemy who wanted to frame him. I'd need to see hard evidence.

This whole discussion was about BK was putting his trash in baggies not to hide his DNA but to comply to HOA rules.

It's so insane, hilarious yet insane. I guess we all needed a good laugh. I hope AT isn't gonna take this to a jury she'll be laughed outta the room.

Your post, the one I was responding to, stated "The warrant wanted his DNA but not by taking his garbage." You further explained LE didn't want his "banana peels, dirty Kleenex, nail clippings ..." So it seems the discussion was not limited to HOA rules.
MOO

BK was trying to hide his personal trash because he was trying to hide his DNA. That is it. Period.

LE did not need BK's banana peels, dirty kleenex, plastic food and beverage containers, nail clippings and anything else like this (for example) ....

..... to get his DNA.

The warrant wanted his DNA but not by taking his garbage.

2 Cents
The entire point of the DA's comment was to insinuate that BK was trying to conceal his DNA. But:

1. How would a police officer know that was only BK's personal trash just from looking at it?
Answer: He wouldn't.
2. If this was ONLY the trash with BK's DNA on it, now law enforcement cannot prove it because they didn't take and test the trash.
3. Without testing the trash, they cannot prove BK was trying to conceal his DNA by disposing of his trash separately.

Without proof and evidence in regards to the 3 above points, this story is absolute rubbish. The SWAT team did not wear body cams, so a jury would have no way to even see what BK was doing when they breached the Kohberger home. This story is not legally provable in any way shape or form.

The entire point of the DA's comment was to insinuate that BK was trying to conceal his DNA. But:

1. How would a police officer know that was only BK's personal trash just from looking at it?
Answer: He wouldn't.
2. If this was ONLY the trash with BK's DNA on it, now law enforcement cannot prove it because they didn't take and test the trash.
3. Without testing the trash, they cannot prove BK was trying to conceal his DNA by disposing of his trash separately.

Without proof and evidence in regards to the 3 above points, this story is absolute rubbish. The SWAT team did not wear body cams, so a jury would have no way to even see what BK was doing when they breached the Kohberger home. This story is not legally provable in any way shape or form.

I believe BK was hiding his DNA and that LE took from the house what they needed.

I'm not going to keep repeating it.

BK will be found guilty I am sure. I know it is hard for some to accept but DNA evidence is the most important evidence to juries and AT does not dispute this is BK's DNA.

2 Cents

RBBM

That's pretty specific.

JMO

Very likely they have some body camera footage that they can show in court with regard to trash in the baggies

RBBM

That's pretty specific.

JMO
I have to admit that his behavior is highly suspicious and odd. <modsnip - diagnosing> and I believe he has serious psychological problems. I suspect that, if he is indeed guilty of these horrendous, evil murders, that he is using this whole case for his own sick pleasure. He may have even left the sheath with touch DNA intentionally, because he truly wanted to be caught and be right where he is now. I think he gets his kicks from sitting in the courtroom in his front row seat, viewing the macabre reality show that he created back on November 13th, 2022. His fantasy is to be exonerated and let's hope and pray that doesn't become a reality, if he is truly guilty of these maniacal and cruel murders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member