4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

I'm wondering if the victim's core temperatures and stomach contents indicated the crime took place closer to 2am?
Maddie and Kayleigh were texting an ex at around 3am and Xana received door dash at around 4am. Xana's phone was active on Tiktok at 4.12am. DM heard XAna crying after 4am and saw a masked male stranger pass across the living room and head towards the slider soon after that. See PCA for refs.

<modsnip: personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason for the defense to call into question the time of the murders is that the evidence is pretty solid in putting BK in the King Rd area at that time.

If they can provide evidence of his alibi of stargazing at Wawawai Park or thereabouts during the alleged time of the murders as they say they can, why would they, or anyone who believes this evidence exists, question the timeline?

The only reason for the defense to call into question the time of the murders is that the evidence is pretty solid in putting BK in the King Rd area at that time.

If they can provide evidence of his alibi of stargazing at Wawawai Park or thereabouts during the alleged time of the murders as they say they can, why would they, or anyone who believes this evidence exists, question the timeline?

The DoorDash delivery person told LE that he delivered the food order to Xana at 4:00am and he saw her and he can say this at trial which is very important because it proves that at 4:00am she was alive.

The defense cannot say that:

Seeing the white Elantra around 4:00am on video doesn't mean anything because she was murdered before 4:00am.

We know she was not murdered before 4:00am

2 Cents

Why did the time of the crime change? It started at 2, moved to 3, then to after 4am.

Usually, LE would use hard scientific evidence such as time of death based on body temperature of the victims to determine when the crime happened. There is a simple equation called The Glaister Equation based on algor mortis which can be used to make this determination. It is known to be 98% accurate in determining time of death. This equation assumes rectal body temperature drops by 1.5 degrees per hour.

The Glaister Equation is as follows:

98.4 degrees Fahrenheit - the rectal body temperature of the decedent/1.5 degrees per hour = Hours elapsed since death.

The ambient temperature can affect the results of the Glaister Equation. Heat is more problematic than cold. One of the rumors in this case is that the front door was open and 1122 was cold inside, but there is no mention of this in the PCA, so there DOES NOT APPEAR to be any reason to think that the Glaister Equation would not work in this case. And...there is another way in which time of death can be determined: Liver temperature can be used to determine time of death and this method is considered even more accurate in determining core body temperature than rectal temperature.

Another, less accurate way of determine time of death is the stomach contents. Did the victims have undigested food in their stomachs and where was it in the process of digestion? Reportedly XK and EC had pizza around midnight (per XK's father and sister) and there was a pizza box in the trash can on the back patio when CSI was investigating at the house which may have confirmed this and KG and MM had their carbonara after they got home around 1:45. There is a takeaway container in the same trashcan as the pizza box which resembles one of the types of takeaway containers that the food truck uses which may have confirmed if MM and KG ate the carbonara. We have reason to believe that they did not eat the carbonara on the way home because their driver told police that they were talking about eating the carbonara when they got home. You can see a photo of the trash here: Moscow Homicide

But reading the PCA, it says the time of the crime was determined by what DM told police and downloads of DM and BF's phones which we have learned showed them texting each other between 4am and 4:25am and a video of a white Elantra. This timeframe is problematic and contradictory because the white Elantra was still driving around at 4:04am and trying to do a 3-point turn, making the earliest time the driver could have parked and made entry into 1122 at 4:05am or as late as 4:08am. The vehicle is next seen leaving the neighborhood at 4:20am.

With the time of the crime changing 3 times from 2am to 3am and finally 4am, I'm wondering if the victim's core temperatures and stomach contents indicated the crime took place closer to 2am? Shouldn't scientific evidence take precedence in determining the time of the crime?

All JMO.
How could the crimes happen at 2am if they ordered food after that time, seen by delivery driver, and were texting after that time and they were heard by the surviving roomies after that time?

Last edited:
I'm sure you meant to type Xana. But we really don't know who, if anyone picked up the DoorDash bag or even if the bag in the kitchen is the one that was ordered. I looked at the JITB menu and now I'm concerned about where the squeeze packet of applesauce that Mrs. G found in Kaylee's trash came from. Is it the same brand/size JITB carries? Is it evidence that LE missed? In case you missed what I found:

Different Moscow authorities gave us different times.

"Nov. 17, 2022​

Preliminary autopsy results show that the four victims were likely attacked with a large knife and died sometime after 2 a.m. from multiple stab wounds, Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt says.

She describes their wounds as "pretty extensive.""

By December 19, 2022, police thought the timeframe was between 3 and 4am:

Then when we saw the PCA the time was 4am.

There are many free work-arounds for the New York Times:
1. You can get the articles for free if you start a 7 day free subscription and then cancel by the end of 7 days.
2. If you don't want to do that, no problem, go to your local public library website for free, login and read it there. If you don't normally use the library, it is free for everyone and your can create your own user ID and password and use it whenever you want. Mine has the entire NY Times online for free for all library members.

According to the PCA the white Elantra was still driving around at 4:06. The timeframe for the murders is about 12 - 13 minutes at most, maybe less. It's a lot to accomplish for one person in a short amount of time.

You don't have to interface with TikTok for it to appear that you are using it. She may have been using TikTok before she was murdered and it was left on afterwards. There would be no way to know for how long.

I personally have no opinion as to what time the murders took place without seeing the body core temperatures and stomach contents evidence from the autopsies and knowing whether or not it was verified that MM and KG ate the carbonara after their arrival home and XK and EC ate pizza near midnight. I think they probably ate due to the boxes in the trash, so that should give some insight to time of death along with core temperatures.
It initially said "died sometime after 2 a.m. "

That was accurate, right from the start.

That 'timing process' you linked is not that good at narrowing down precisely. There are too many variables.

How could the crimes happen at 2m if they ordered food after that time, seen by delivery driver, and were texting after that time and they were heard by the surviving roomies after that time?

Right, not possible.

According to the 2 roommates who are witnesses, everyone did not even get home until 2:00am and retire to their rooms until 4:00am with the exception of XK.

All investigations start out with general info then get narrowed down through continued investigation.
Such as the white Elantra approx date of manufacture and the coroner saying the deaths were after 2:00am, and was it targeted vs not targeted.

Because it is a big media publicity crime we hear things we do not normally hear....the very beginnings of the investigation.

The jury will hear the conclusions.

BK targeted his victims, the year make model of his car with no front plate matches, victim was seen alive at 4:00am .....etc

2 Cents

The DoorDash delivery person told LE that he delivered the food order to Xana at 4:00am and he saw her and he can say this at trial which is very important because it proves that at 4:00am she was alive.
Prove that. I have never seen any information anywhere where the DoorDash person claimed he saw Xana. Link, please.

Prove that. I have never seen any information anywhere where the DoorDash person claimed he saw Xana. Link, please.

Proof will be hearing testimony from the driver themselves in court on the stand during questioning.

PCA

The 2 witnesses in the home reported that everyone was in their room by 4:00am with the exception of XK who received a DoorDash delivery at 4:00am. LE found the DoorDash delivery driver who confirmed that they delivered to XK at 4:00am.

Common sense in sometimes necessary. It is common sense that they saw who they delivered to.

Last edited:
DD driver is apparently on the prosecution witness list. Are they going to testify that they never saw or heard anyone when they made the delivery?
How do we know if it was delivered to a person or just left at the door. We don't know if he actually even saw her before he drove away. He maybe just marked it as delivered and took a photo as proof of such

Why did the time of the crime change? It started at 2, moved to 3, then to after 4am.

So, here's some the reasons the time line shifted, IMHO:

1) After Kaylee's sister Alivea got K's call records the day/days after the murders, the time had to be moved to after 3 because of documentation of Kaylee calling and texting her ex Jack many times between 2 and 2:56, with Maddie calling/texting Jack as well during that time frame--unless we are now believing that the killer used Maddie and Kaylee's phones to make those calls.

2) As for 4, that would come from the Door Dash delivery. Obviously, we don't have LE confirmation that the Door Dash person SAW and delivered the meal to Xana. But LE did confirm in the PCA that they had talked to the DD driver and confirmed the time of delivery. So unless the killer actually killed everyone between 3 (after Kaylee's last call to Jack) and 3:30 (which would be about the latest time time for JIB to receive and make order, DD driver to go pick it up and then drive to 1122 King and arrive by shortly after 4) and then the killer placed the order at 3:30 with the thought of throwing off the timeline and put in the directions that the order was to just be dropped at the door.....then there isn't much reason to question the after 4 am timeline. I suppose the killer could have done some of the murders between 3 and 3:30, paused to set up the JIB order, then gone and killed the other 2...but that's cutting it close to then get out before the JIB order arrives around 4.

3) So, the JIB bag that is seen in the kitchen photo might not be the JIB order from that night. But if you are suggesting that the DD driver just dropped off the order without seeing Xana, and that allows for everyone to be killed before 4.....then you would expect that the JIB order would still be outside--and noted in the PCA--and found there the next morning.

How do we know if it was delivered to a person or just left at the door. We don't know if he actually even saw her before he drove away. He maybe just marked it as delivered and took a photo as proof of such

If everyone was already dead at that point, that then leads to the question--why wasn't the JIB bag still outside the next day?

So, here's some the reasons the time line shifted, IMHO:

1) After Kaylee's sister Alivea got K's call records the day/days after the murders, the time had to be moved to after 3 because of documentation of Kaylee calling and texting her ex Jack many times between 2 and 2:56, with Maddie calling/texting Jack as well during that time frame--unless we are now believing that the killer used Maddie and Kaylee's phones to make those calls.

2) As for 4, that would come from the Door Dash delivery. Obviously, we don't have LE confirmation that the Door Dash person SAW and delivered the meal to Xana. But LE did confirm in the PCA that they had talked to the DD driver and confirmed the time of delivery. So unless the killer actually killed everyone between 3 (after Kaylee's last call to Jack) and 3:30 (which would be about the latest time time for JIB to receive and make order, DD driver to go pick it up and then drive to 1122 King and arrive by shortly after 4) and then the killer placed the order at 3:30 with the thought of throwing off the timeline and put in the directions that the order was to just be dropped at the door.....then there isn't much reason to question the after 4 am timeline. I suppose the killer could have done some of the murders between 3 and 3:30, paused to set up the JIB order, then gone and killed the other 2...but that's cutting it close to then get out before the JIB order arrives around 4.

3) So, the JIB bag that is seen in the kitchen photo might not be the JIB order from that night. But if you are suggesting that the DD driver just dropped off the order without seeing Xana, and that allows for everyone to be killed before 4.....then you would expect that the JIB order would still be outside--and noted in the PCA--and found there the next morning.
Does JITB or doordash routinely write the names of customers on the bags. I have never seen that. Also alot of times there's contactless delivery especially during covid

I'm sure you meant to type Xana. But we really don't know who, if anyone picked up the DoorDash bag or even if the bag in the kitchen is the one that was ordered. I looked at the JITB menu and now I'm concerned about where the squeeze packet of applesauce that Mrs. G found in Kaylee's trash came from. Is it the same brand/size JITB carries? Is it evidence that LE missed? In case you missed what I found:

Different Moscow authorities gave us different times.

"Nov. 17, 2022​

Preliminary autopsy results show that the four victims were likely attacked with a large knife and died sometime after 2 a.m. from multiple stab wounds, Latah County Coroner Cathy Mabbutt says.

She describes their wounds as "pretty extensive.""

By December 19, 2022, police thought the timeframe was between 3 and 4am:

Then when we saw the PCA the time was 4am.

There are many free work-arounds for the New York Times:
1. You can get the articles for free if you start a 7 day free subscription and then cancel by the end of 7 days.
2. If you don't want to do that, no problem, go to your local public library website for free, login and read it there. If you don't normally use the library, it is free for everyone and your can create your own user ID and password and use it whenever you want. Mine has the entire NY Times online for free for all library members.

According to the PCA the white Elantra was still driving around at 4:06. The timeframe for the murders is about 12 - 13 minutes at most, maybe less. It's a lot to accomplish for one person in a short amount of time.

You don't have to interface with TikTok for it to appear that you are using it. She may have been using TikTok before she was murdered and it was left on afterwards. There would be no way to know for how long.

I personally have no opinion as to what time the murders took place without seeing the body core temperatures and stomach contents evidence from the autopsies and knowing whether or not it was verified that MM and KG ate the carbonara after their arrival home and XK and EC ate pizza near midnight. I think they probably ate due to the boxes in the trash, so that should give some insight to time of death along with core temperatures.
Xana collected her door dash delivered at 4am.

Exactly. Artempting to create uncertainty about the time line.
So could she be the one that said "there's someone here" as she noticed the slider door open as she walked back upstairs?
MOO I think BK entered a the house a few minutes after Xana would have gotten her Dash food.

During this video with Vinny Politan and Gray Hughes, they review the surveillance video very closely.

There is discussion of an additional surveillance camera at the front of the house, covering the area that the door dash driver would park when dropping off the food, as the DD driver would approach the house from the front So that exact drop off time should be time stamped on that video (we have not seen this video IIRC)

Door dash also takes a photo of your food when they drop it off and upload it to the app, so there would be secondary proof of the exact time that the delivery occurred.

Doordash will often just leave at the door as long as the order was pre-paid, which is the general way to handle it. I've never read whether the Doordash delivery person saw her or not.

I also agree that it’s important to use science and forensic pathology to determine the time of deaths, not just that a car drove fast by the house. I hope and expect the forensic pathologist to have done their job accordingly to independently determine the approximate time of death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back