4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #94

We know from the PCA that DM was awake during the time of the murders. The PCA also says that downloads of records from DM's and BF's phones were used to establish the time of the murders as between 4am and 4:25am. JMO there was communication going on with those phones that we will likely see at trial to support the timeline.

I doubt the defense has an issue with the timeline because they've seen the evidence and they're trying to alibi him as being south and west of Moscow during that time and trying very hard to say the white car seen in the vicinity at that time wasn't his. They wouldn't be doing that if they thought the murders occurred earlier and they would using the phone pinging in the Pullman area around 3am as part of his alibi. They're not because they're not disputing the timeline in the PCA.
JMO

We know from the PCA that DM was awake during the time of the murders. The PCA also says that downloads of records from DM's and BF's phones were used to establish the time of the murders as between 4am and 4:25am. JMO there was communication going on with those phones that we will likely see at trial to support the timeline.

I doubt the defense has an issue with the timeline because they've seen the evidence and they're trying to alibi him as being south and west of Moscow during that time and trying very hard to say the white car seen in the vicinity at that time wasn't his. They wouldn't be doing that if they thought the murders occurred earlier and they would using the phone pinging in the Pullman area around 3am as part of his alibi. They're not because they're not disputing the timeline in the PCA.

JMO
RBBM Yes. BK's defense are thorough, not stupid Imo. They're not going to, nor is there any indication they are currently, questioning the time line. If they attempted to move the timeline back to two or three am for eg, this would entail advancing either
1) an absolutely botched LE investigation of not only victims' phone forensics but also interviews with witnesses such as DM and the door dash driver; and then that these huge mistakes were somehow not discovered but actually used as a basis for much of the PCA
or
2) A conspiracy to frame their client that went as far as fabricating evidence of a time line for inclusion in PCA. In this latter case that conspiracy would need to necessarily include many investigators.

Suffice to say it's highly unlikely as AT is not an idiot. Jmo

I also agree that it’s important to use science and forensic pathology to determine the time of deaths, not just that a car drove fast by the house. I hope and expect the forensic pathologist to have done their job accordingly to independently determine the approximate time of death.
Re last sentence, ofcourse! In this case, autopsy and evidence from ME will be presented at trial. This is a high profile crime and the case is subject to a strict non dissemination order (for what imo are obvious reasons but see court docs on its evolution). Moo

Also just wanted to note that a perusal of the PCA or current discussion here shows that time of death as proposed in PCA was established by more than 'just that car drove fast past the house'. Moo

I thought it was DM , one of the surviving roommates, that said she heard KC somewhere up the stairs say, someone's here? Or have I got that all wrong?
Source: "A short time later, D.M. said she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of 'there's someone here,'" the affidavit says. However, investigators pointed out that it could have been Kernodle's voice, since records from a forensic download of her cell phone "indicated she was likely awake and using the TikTok app at approximately 4:12 a.m."

I also agree that it’s important to use science and forensic pathology to determine the time of deaths, not just that a car drove fast by the house. I hope and expect the forensic pathologist to have done their job accordingly to independently determine the approximate time of death.
LE also has an ear witness to X & E's murders..and eye witness to the murderer leaving. That's strong for the timeline as well as X's door dash. MO

MOO There is an MH component here, so behavior like being up ay night with gloves seperating trash into ziplocs could be part of that. Taking trash to a neighbors can appears to be an attempt at concealment, even if also a compulsive behavior.
I agree with @GRT above, that whatever odd or even suspicious activity they found him doing when arrested won't be part of his prosecution.

To me its just as important that as SWAT broke into the house, which until obvious police actually gained entry could be interpreted as either SWAT or a house invasion, BK ran away downstairs instead of toward defending his parents.
I think BK's late night garbage disposal will be brought up at trial. What possible reason could BK have had to be secreting his garbage out of his home in the dark of night and disposing of it a neighbors garbage can? The only explanation that makes sense is that he was keeping it out of the family's garbage can so that LE could not gain access to his DNA.

Yes, it was called a tactical breach on the K home that late night/early morning. Serious stuff, they didn't knock, they literally covertly penetrated the home breaking windows and doors. They were not playing around or allowing for BK to get access to a gun or dangerous object, IMO. I believe the FBI had profiled BK and maybe they said he would likely kill others (officers, family) or himself. What did he have to lose at that point?

IMO, LE has BK dead to rights and AT is just using any loophole to refute against irrefutable evidence. It's not going to work ultimately, but she is required to provide BK with a competent and vigorous defense.

I look forward to the day this coward is put behind bars on Death Row. He is a dangerous, serial killer wannabe.

JMO

To me its just as important that as SWAT broke into the house, which until obvious police actually gained entry could be interpreted as either SWAT or a house invasion, BK ran away downstairs instead of toward defending his parents.
I've wondered if it was cowardice that BK ran downstairs to his room, or did he run downstairs to retrieve a gun. A Glock and 3 magazines were listed as being seized from the home, but I don't know if they were taken from his living area or from another area of the home.

I've wondered if it was cowardice that BK ran downstairs to his room, or did he run downstairs to retrieve a gun. A Glock and 3 magazines were listed as being seized from the home, but I don't know if they were taken from his living area or from another area of the home.
And if it was a gun he ran down to get... I wonder if it was to have a shootout with LE to end by SbC (Suicide by cop/LE) or to kill himself for being caught when he thought 'he had this'.

Could be.
I believe the surviving roommates D HEARD this said by someone she thought might have been Kaylee, but was likely Xana. It's in the PCA. page four.
Right. DM door is basically at the midpoint between MM and XKs room so hard to tell which way it came from.

Re last sentence, ofcourse! In this case, autopsy and evidence from ME will be presented at trial. This is a high profile crime and the case is subject to a strict non dissemination order (for what imo are obvious reasons but see court docs on its evolution). Moo

Also just wanted to note that a perusal of the PCA or current discussion here shows that time of death as proposed in PCA was established by more than 'just that car drove fast past the house'. Moo
The PCA says they used that video footage as well as the surviving roommates cell phone data to determine the time the crime occurred.

The PCA is missing a lot of details and (IMO) important information (the entire IGG saga) so Im just saying that I hope/assume the ME has actual scientific data per the autopsy and LE has simply left that out of the PCA for simplicity.

RBBM Yes. BK's defense are thorough, not stupid Imo. They're not going to, nor is there any indication they are currently, questioning the time line. If they attempted to move the timeline back to two or three am for eg, this would entail advancing either
1) an absolutely botched LE investigation of not only victims' phone forensics but also interviews with witnesses such as DM and the door dash driver; and then that these huge mistakes were somehow not discovered but actually used as a basis for much of the PCA
or
2) A conspiracy to frame their client that went as far as fabricating evidence of a time line for inclusion in PCA. In this latter case that conspiracy would need to necessarily include many investigators.

Suffice to say it's highly unlikely as AT is not an idiot. Jmo
Not to mention, that as late as 2:47am that morning, they have BK's phone and alleged video of his car in Pullman near his apartment. If they believed the murders took place earlier, THAT would be his alibi.

They've seen the evidence. They are trying to alibi him for the hours after 2:47am because they accept the timeline.
JMO

Not to mention, that as late as 2:47am that morning, they have BK's phone and alleged video of his car in Pullman near his apartment. If they believed the murders took place earlier, THAT would be his alibi.

They've seen the evidence. They are trying to alibi him for the hours after 2:47am because they accept the timeline.
JMO
This is exactly the point. If the original time is an hour that BK had a confirmed alibi, what would be stopping the state from viewing cell phone data and selecting a time in which BK would not be alibi’d (not saying that’s what happened but just using it as an example) That’s why the science is so important and we’re not just relying on circumstantial video data. IMO

And if it was a gun he ran down to get... I wonder if it was to have a shootout with LE to end by SbC (Suicide by cop/LE) or to kill himself for being caught when he thought 'he had this'.

Totally just opinion, but if he was going for a gun, I believe he wanted suicide by cop. The danger to his parents notwithstanding - he didn't care.

I think he was in a state of extreme anxiety from the moment he realized he left the sheath. And when they announced a type of car very similar to his own, he knew there was a good chance his goose would eventually be cooked. I agree that he was still thinking he could outsmart the cops.

IMO.

JMO
This is such a good point, @wendy44 !
Early on in this case I did have some doubts about whether TikTok activity and DD order could have been done on purpose by the killer to muddy the timeline.
However the fact that the defense isn't arguing the crimes happened at a different time, when if there was any question about that, it would definitely work to their advantage, really seals the deal for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back