4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

I didn't follow this thread here, just on msm.

Casey's lies, behaviors, lack of insight, really showed her true colors. It's very hard for some to cover up what they really are--- esp if they think there is nothing wrong with the choices they made that could have resulted in the death of their own child.
I don't feel she's a sociopath, because a sociopath can at least try to mimic normal emotions and behaviors.

I'm curious, for those who believe that Casey is an innocent victim here-- who do you think killed Caylee? Who taped her up , bagged her up and threw her in the area where she was Found?
Do you think the grandparents did this to Caylee?

The grandparents are a complete mess altogether. Is this due to what happened with Caylee or were they always a mess?

I read thousands upon thousands of documents for this case. I have no doubts that Casey is absolutely guilty of deliberately, and with full murderous intent, willfully snuffing Caylee's life. The jury failed. The court failed. This was a miscarriage of justice.

It was an accidental drowning and the family posed the body to seem like she was murdered. The family felt extreme guilt and shame, and all this was complicated by their long history of abuse within the family.

It was an accidental drowning and the family posed the body to seem like she was murdered. The family felt extreme guilt and shame, and all this was complicated by their long history of abuse within the family.
This makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would they even think of making it look like a murder? That would cause more trouble for them.

I read thousands upon thousands of documents for this case. I have no doubts that Casey is absolutely guilty of deliberately, and with full murderous intent, willfully snuffing Caylee's life. The jury failed. The court failed. This was a miscarriage of justice.
--------------------------------------------------------

Same with me, I've read books, depositions, watched documentaries, listened to podcasts and experts who analyzed, watched the trial, read the transcripts, listened to jail tapes, studied ping maps, and geography maps. I can only come to the conclusion that she's willfully responsible.

We started discussing this on another thread and took it off topic, so I thought now that Casey is looking like doing an interview it might be interesting to revisit the verdict and the state's case and see where people are at ..

Personally I think that the jury made the right decision based on what was before them now, even though I didn't think that when the verdict came down, I wonder if other people have also had another look at all the evidence and feel that way, or do you still feel the same way you did back in 2011?

I still believe the jury made the right decision.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would they even think of making it look like a murder? That would cause more trouble for them.
Or, it was an accidental drowning and Casey tried to cover it up because she couldn't face her parents who loved their grandchild.
Casey Anthony is a horrible human being, no doubt. I don't believe, however, that she murdered her daughter.

Or, it was an accidental drowning and Casey tried to cover it up because she couldn't face her parents who loved their grandchild.
Casey Anthony is a horrible human being, no doubt. I don't believe, however, that she murdered her daughter.

Have you heard about the fool-proof suffocation search that was made the day that Caylee died?

There was no drowning . None. It didn't happen. It was a figment of Baez's imagination. Google search for the jail tape wherein her mother says that people are suggesting Caylee drowned in the pool, and Casey clicks her tongue and says the infamous words, "SURPRISE, SURPRISE", without a care in the world.

Casey Od'd her with either meds after using them in the past for putting her 'to sleep' when she wanted to go out, It either went bad this time and she tried to cover it up, or she did it intentionally because she was pissed at her mother at the time. Either way, she needs to rot in jail.

Have you heard about the fool-proof suffocation search that was made the day that Caylee died?
Yes. But they don't know who searched or why, or even what time the search was made.
It's strange to me, given the massive investigation, that such a search was not presented in court anyway. Prosecutors say they didn't discover it until after the trial, while defense already knew about it and were expecting the prosecution to bring it up.

I think JA and LDB should have never gone for the DP.

There were so many issues with this trial, I can see now why the jury voted the way they did.

I just hope Casey gets what is coming to her one day.

JMO

There were so many issues with this trial, I can see now why the jury voted the way they did.

JMO

JMO

I'll never understand why that jury voted the way they did.

Casey was aware of the smell in her car and texting excuses about the smell to her friend Amy blaming it on dead things. Casey was lying about Caylee's whereabouts. George was nowhere to be found when she abandoned her car at the check cashing place. George was nowhere to be found when Casey backed her car into the garage nose out in a way the neighbor had never seen her do before and walked next door to borrow a shovel to "dig up a bamboo root" so that her already dead child wouldn't trip over it. There's no evidence that George was involved in the disposal of Caylee's body and ample evidence that Casey herself was involved in disposing of Caylee's body with zero help.

Even if they didn't want to convict her of first degree murder, she was clearly responsible for Caylee, she was clearly Caylee's caretaker. Caylee was clearly dead and Casey clearly covered it up and lied about it.

Even if the jury didn't want to speculate about why Casey would try to make an accident look like a murder they should have been able to reason that far.

How is all of that somehow less suspicious than George failing to see a tow notice for a couple of days on the front door when they clearly stated they habitually enter their house through the garage? How is George (and Cindy who also didn't see the tow notice) failing to notice a tow notice more suspicious than Casey abandoning her only form of transportation until it gets towed? Let me also point out that the problem with her only form of transportation was extremely minor and could have been fixed with her simply putting gas in her tank, which Tony offered to help her with. She mysteriously refused this help and said she'd take care of it later. If the jury dared to make inferences about anyone but George, they could have easily inferred that maybe Casey didn't want him going near her car.

Then the coincidences abound further. Two cadaver dogs hit on the trunk of Casey's car. A hair with a death band matching Caylee or Casey was suspiciously found in Casey's car. Casey coincidentially puts the most stinky bag of trash ever in the trunk of her car right around the time Caylee dies and it stinks up her trunk until the day her car was junked. Yet the stink did not transfer to the dumpster that George transported it to when he picked up her car from the towyard. You'd think the logical conclusion would be that the trash from Tony's apartment that Casey threw in her trunk did not cause the smell in Casey's car. But no, the jury wasn't sure.

The jury concluded from that simultaneously that:

1) They weren't sure that there was ever a body in Casey's car.
2) George was suspicious for not seeing the tow notice and immediately picking up Casey's car which they weren't sure ever had a body in it anyway.

There's nothing suspicious about the car when it involves Casey, but suddenly the car becomes very suspicious when it involves George who opened the trunk in full view of the tow yard employee and found nothing but a bag of trash in the car that probably didn't cause the smell. Interesting, isn't it?

Last edited:
When I first saw the videos of Casey talking to her friend and parents from jail I thought, "Caylee isn't alive. Casey knows it and she doesn't care. She just wants Tony's phone number so she can lie and smooth things over with him." Nothing, not her mother's hysteria, not her friend's heartbreak, not even the fact that she'd just been thrown in jail was more important to Casey than having a last crack at getting Tony back under her wing.

I thought then and to this day believe Casey is a sociopath without a single bone of empathy for anyone outside of herself. I don't get why anyone believes Casey wouldn't deliberately kill a daughter that was starting to talk and that had become an impediment to Casey's love life and brand new career managing Tony's shot girls. Just like Scott Peterson did away with Lacey when another option was on his horizon Casey rubbed out the perceived speed bump. From being narcistic, rabid liars to having the ability to transform into their intended target's dream partner Scott and Casey are birds of a feather.

In my opinion, Casey's online activity clears up any mystery about what happened to Caylee: Casey googled "foolproof suffocation" because she wanted Caylee suffocated and not to survive. I don't believe it is coincidence that Caylee was later found with so much duct tape plastered over every oriface that it had to be cut out of her hair. That's why Casey's search included the word "foolproof".

Everything about Casey--from robbing her elderly grandmother and dying grandfather to making vile accusations against her brother and father and then the way she led her best friend on about their house together and even robbed her so she could buy sexy underwear--shows obscene narcisism, cruelty and a lack of boundaries. How much of a stretch is murder really if you've been lying and stealing on a regular basis?

Did they ever figure out whose Caylee's biological father was? They could easily solve it with familial DNA now. I wonder if they ever investigated it thoroughly.

Did they ever figure out whose Caylee's biological father was? They could easily solve it with familial DNA now. I wonder if they ever investigated it thoroughly.

They tested Lee.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back