4 years later, what do we think of the case / verdict now?

Jennifer Ford was the student nurse on the jury...... she started cashing in with interviews as soon as the verdict was delivered.

Jennifer Ford was the student nurse on the jury...... she started cashing in with interviews as soon as the verdict was delivered.

Thanks! That's right I must have blocked her out. Ugh I wonder if she's a nurse now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's right I must have blocked her out. Ugh I wonder if she's a nurse now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't want to be her patient, she used such bad judgement!

I completely agree - there is an exceptionally large amount of evidence to support guilt.

Jennifer Ford is a juror that did a post-verdict interview circuit. There was also a male juror who did two interviews (maybe one more - someone correct me here) in shadow, to maintain his anonymity, that said pretty much the same crap she did.

The car & the "dead squirrel" are discounted because they agree it was used to transport a dead Caylee. Another part of the 31 days that didn't count for this jury. For some reason it doesn't matter to them that it was Casey's car, cuz George is the one who drove it home from the tow yard with the windows down and didn't vomit. Not vomiting and not immediately knowing your daughter had murdered your granddaughter and transported her in the Pontiac upon taking possession of the car = his guilt in their eyes.

Forgot to mention that there is another one out there like Casey Anthony. I was watching late night TV the other night on ID channel and I think the program was Deadly Women. The mother's name was something like Stacy Barker/Baker?? Lancaster, CA- I remember that. Anyway another young single mother who put her boyfriend's priority (who did NOT want to be a father) over her child. She also faked going off to work while she partied and had sex and left the baby girl in the care of her mother. When mom, who was working, got sick of it and confronted her and tried to hold her accountable for watching her own child- she went off and killed the child (18 mo old).

Forgot to mention that there is another one out there like Casey Anthony. I was watching late night TV the other night on ID channel and I think the program was Deadly Women. The mother's name was something like Stacy Barker/Baker?? Lancaster, CA- I remember that. Anyway another young single mother who put her boyfriend's priority (who did NOT want to be a father) over her child. She also faked going off to work while she partied and had sex and left the baby girl in the care of her mother. When mom, who was working, got sick of it and confronted her and tried to hold her accountable for watching her own child- she went off and killed the child (18 mo old).

Wow, a ton of similarities there. Did she get convicted?

Yes-http://ktla.com/2012/10/30/lancaster-mom-sentenced-in-death-of-toddler-emma-leigh-barker/

Yes, I remember that case well, it wasn't long after Caylee's murder and Nancy Grace called it a copycat case -it was so similar, the mother claimed the child was kidnapped etc. Fortunately the Jury
were more intellgent than the Pinellas fiasco.

Yes, I remember that case well, it wasn't long after Caylee's murder and Nancy Grace called it a copycat case -it was so similar, the mother claimed the child was kidnapped etc. Fortunately the Jury
were more intellgent than the Pinellas fiasco.

I wasn't aware of it at the time, but it caught my attention now, not only because of the similarities, but also because I grew up not too far from Lancaster.

Just because she is a liar does not make her a murderer.. Do I think she was responsible.. Yes, Could I prove it beyond reasonable doubt? No.

Like I said, had they gone for second degree, I think she would be in jail now.. But first degree with death penalty??? There was just not enough proof to get them there.

I think this jury wanted to find her guilty more than anything.. but in the end, They stuck to what they thought the evidence supported..

That jury had the option to find her guilty of lesser charges, including manslaughter due to child neglect and they couldn't even manage to convict her of that! So what makes you think they would have found her guilty of second degree (which they also had the option of doing)? For some reason, they didn't WANT to find her guilty of ANYTHING, and I'd love to know why.

I love Ashton, but this interview got on my nerves.

It was annoying to hear the "fool-proof suffication" search brought up again. Then he credits Casey's performance as another factor that got her off. I thought she was a horrible actress and there were points during the testimony where she started giggling at inappropriate times. In particular, she could barely hold her laughter in when Ashton was talking to Dr. Spitz about sawing Caylee's skull open and ultimately breaking it with a cheap $5.00 Walmart saw. Ashton pointed out that he could have simply used a saline wash on it and looked inside it like Dr. G because there was a "hole in the bottom" and that set her off.

Another time Casey couldn't contain herself and started laughing to the point where her face turned red with mirth was when Baez or Ashton was arguing with one of the experts about the difference between garbage and trash. All this testimony was revolving around the state trying to prove that the smell in her car was decomposition due to her daughter's body being in the trunk for around 48 hours , so I don't know what she found so hilarious about that.

Where were the body language experts on the jury during all that? My guess is still so busy trying to process how offensive they found Ashton's, IMO, unintentional pig in the blanket quip that they couldn't be bothered to focus on the criminal defendant or the trial.

I still can't get over the sheer amount of bias and and use of selective hearing this jury must have been operating under to come to the conclusion they did.

But I guess it's in some people's nature to take her at her word because she's able to spit out a bunch of ridiculous lies at the drop of a hat and sound convincing when she's doing it. However, if you actually listen to what she's saying, she makes zero sense.

Everyone involved in the case was photogenic?

I guess he forgot about Baez, who looks like an overweight, smirking weasel.

I'm really sick of hearing people go on and on about Casey's looks as a reason she got away with murder. She isn't ugly, but I don't see her as being above average and no one should be so attractive that they can just walk away from all charges the way that she did.

I can also say unequivocally that I did not start following this case because I thought anyone involved was good looking. I followed it because I was in utter disbelief at her audacity and at the whole situation and because I wanted to see her get locked up and for all her lies and manipulations to finally fail and for her to finally be held responsible for something she's done wrong in her life.

I think the "photogenic looks" of the people involved is just a small part of why the case got so much coverage. I think the Sunshine laws, the circumstances, and the antics of the Anthonys also played a big role. I don't think there was any factor of this case where you can point to it and say "It's crazy that the media was so interested in the case despite X!" With most cases, after a couple of weeks, the news dries up. There's nothing happening and nothing to report. If you have a case that is continuing to produce news for months, that's an anomaly. I really wouldn't put Casey and Caylee's looks at the top of the list as to why this case was such a big story. I think the fact that the media had something to talk about every day for an extremely long time is why the case stayed in the news for so long, why it was able to develop a huge audience, and why the media was able to cover the trial with the intensity they did.

i think the case's popularity can be explained like this: You have a case where a young woman takes 31 days to report her daughter missing. So from the start you have a shocking circumstance to grab people's attention. Then you have the Sunshine laws that allow the case to stay in the news for months. Every day, new info is coming out where keeps the public interested in it. The case goes to trial and the media chooses to cover it because so many people are following it, that they are guarnateed high ratings. People are familiar with the circumstances and the players involved at this point. When the verdict of not guilty comes in, it causes shockwaves across the world. If you had avoided the case up until that point, it was now impossible.

Think of all the biggest media cases: JonBenet, Caylee, Natalie Holloway, Jodi Arias/Travis. Pretty folks of a certain demographic. It's unfortunate but it's true.

Think of all the biggest media cases: JonBenet, Caylee, Natalie Holloway, Jodi Arias/Travis. Pretty folks of a certain demographic. It's unfortunate but it's true.

I never understood Jodi Arias either. The media was reporting on her case and dubbing her as a "bombshell beauty' but I never saw it. I just saw a dowdy woman with a halfway decent body and blank, reptilian eyes.

I never understood Jodi Arias either. The media was reporting on her case and dubbing her as a "bombshell beauty' but I never saw it. I just saw a dowdy woman with a halfway decent body and blank, reptilian eyes.

I know it's not a popular thing to say but she looked pretty dang good in some of her "glamour" shots as a blonde. If she'd been the victim rather than the murderer, people would have been talking about how pretty she was. (Especially before her librarian trial look.)

And I'm certain lots of people thought TA was handsome.

Not trying to get anyone riled up, just a trend one begins to notice after X years.

I thought concealing a death was a crime and she admitted that when Jose Baez claimed Caylee drowned in the pool in June and Casey had known it that long. Even if she blamed George for taking the body away, wouldn't she still be an accessory? She would still be concealing the death of a child.

I'm currently rereading Jeff Ashton's book about the case. There were a lot of details I'd forgotten. I was never certain whether Casey deliberately killed Caylee or if death happened due to neglect or a criminal act like drugging her while Casey partied. Either way, I don't think Casey regretted the death. The same night Caylee was last seen, Casey was out and about with the boyfriend. Whether intentional or accidental, Casey rejoiced in her new freedom.

You don't have to be a beauty to get media coverage...The media just has to convince people you are. If you're young and thin, your face would have to be seriously busted for your looks to hold you back from getting coverage. As long as you have the basic qualities, you're good. I think the threshold to be considered "attractive" in the true-crime world is not that high. I also think the media overdoes it with some victims and killers when describing their looks.

I know it's not a popular thing to say but she looked pretty dang good in some of her "glamour" shots as a blonde. If she'd been the victim rather than the murderer, people would have been talking about how pretty she was. (Especially before her librarian trial look.)

And I'm certain lots of people thought TA was handsome.

Not trying to get anyone riled up, just a trend one begins to notice after X years.

You're fine. You're entitled to your own opinion. :):)

I just don't see it. Maybe her evil soul is clouding my judgment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back