48 Hours Mystery - cbs- Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the same thing just about that aired last night.
I bet they have it to view on the web site.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7392036n&tag=contentMain;contentBody"]The Long Island Serial Killer - 48 Hours - CBS News[/ame]

If I were profiling him I'd say he might be a bit of a conundrum in that his soft spoken and intellectual demeanor might not match his physique. I don't think he looks like a geeky weakling. Moving bodies back and forth would require some strength. Even a 100 lb dead weight lift can throw a back out!

Good point.

I still think, maybe, in terms of personality, he's all geek (a really grating, attention sucking one). IMHO.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/12...bert-gilgo-beach-murders-on-48-hours-mystery/

“You know, that’s explainable because she’s hysterical,” said Dormer. “We know that and she’s discarding her possessions as she moves along. Her jeans could have come off moving in that environment. We’ve looked at this very carefully and that is a possibility, that the jeans came off and she kept running, kept running towards the lights. Obviously, she was disturbed that night.”

------------
More on the morning show mentioned above
Video clip with more of a trailer for the show

I haven't seen the special so thanks to all for the summaries. I've been yammering on about the jeans and purse in some of the other threads:

Apparently GC has confirmed SG did not have her purse with her when she was at his house:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The GB4 and Shannan Gilbert-Connecting the dots

So how did Shannan just happen run out of her jeans in the same darn spot that her purse was found ... you know, the purse that she didn't even have with her at Coletti's ??

I wish I read through all of the threads (especially thread 10) before I opened my big mouth!

Coletti claims Shannan didn't have her pocketbook, correct? If he's correct, that means that Shannan had to have bolted from Brewer's house without it, right? So does Brewer give the pocketbook to Pak, or does Shannan return to Brewer's house to retrieve it? Is that how her jacket ended up back there too? But in order for that to be true, she would have had to have made her way back from Anchor to Brewer's, wouldn't she? And weren't the cops already supposed to have been out there looking for her by that time?

If Brewer gave Shannan's pocketbook to Pak, then how the hell does it end up in a marsh, unless Pak dumped it there?

I'm telling you...none of this makes sense.

Watched this last night and was shocked that he was willing to say it was a drowning without awaiting the autopsy report. Why is he so insistent to say she isn't a victim of the serial killer?....

Either someone in LE is being covered for (so hoping that's not the case) OR by giving out false info LE hopes to perhaps flush out the killer in some way? :waitasec:

Dormer stated that they believed SG drowned even before they found her remains. So LE either knew that they would find a body in there or SCPD is totally inept. I think they need to go hard after both Pak and Brewer as well the DR. If they press these people hard enough they will get answers. The question is ... Do they really want the answers? or are certain people being protected

I just watched the 48 hours special again and something stuck out to me. It was the 2nd commercial break (I think) after the MB part. The voice over said, "Somebody out there knows something. What will it take for you to come forward? Chat now with.....". If you have the time, go back and listen to the way the voiceover speaker emphasizes the "What will it take" part. Is this an attempt to draw the SK out to try to make contact? It would not be unheard of. Back in the BTK investigation in the 70's, they even tried to get him to communicate using subliminal messages. They flashed his Symbol 2 times during a news report in the hopes he would see it and make contact again. Wild theory, I know. But not unheard of.

Hello everyone. My 1st post on this site. I would like to thank all of you for the information put forth. Im very impressed with the content in the forums. This case interests me immensely. Im very confused about SG. It just seems to me that if her case is related to the SK that we would have more information on a possible suspect. Not to say that LE would just come out and tell us that but with all that we know about her circumstances that night and the people involved, Im led to believe that her case is truly not related to the SK. Did she drown like they say? I dont know. It seems odd to me that she would have been murdered and there is not a suspect, at least that we know about.

Welcome bartb48!!

It would seem that drowning is the most logical explanation. A serial killer in the area makes things more complicated, however.

Personally, I think Shannan Gilbert was murdered. But, I cannot rule out the possibility that she drowned.

Welcome bartb48!!

It would seem that drowning is the most logical explanation. A serial killer in the area makes things more complicated, however.

Personally, I think Shannan Gilbert was murdered. But, I cannot rule out the possibility that she drowned.

Thank you! I'm happy to have found this site. When I first heard about SG I had no doubt she was murdered. I just have the feeling she was the victim of a weird and horrible accident now. Although I am puzzled as to why her pants were missing from her body. The whole thing is just weird. It seems to me if she was murdered then one of the people in the house or her driver would have to be the main suspects. I know they may be persons of interest, it just seems like we would have something more conclusive at this point if they were indeed involved.

Welcome bartb48!!

IMO, drowning is not the most logical explanation for her death.

If you consider the month she disappeared - May 2010 - the weather conditions, the precipitation, etc. and if you look at the terrain either on Google, Mapquest, Wikimapia, or even the Suffolk County GIS, sure there are some marshy areas in that big plot of land, but the area where her remains were found is only 100 ft from the roadway and that portion of the land slopes downward toward the ocean (toward Circle Drive, etc)...In addition, by the time she reached that area (if she truly did walk to that spot) it would have been daylight according to weatherunderground daylight data. She could easily have seen any water areas to avoid.

IMO, if there was any water there back in May 2010 (where her body was found,) it was probably only a couple inches deep and most likely less.

I'm just not buying it.

IMO, drowning is not the most logical explanation for her death.

If you consider the month she disappeared - May 2010 - the weather conditions, the precipitation, etc. and if you look at the terrain either on Google, Mapquest, Wikimapia, or even the Suffolk County GIS, sure there are some marshy areas in that big plot of land, but the area where her remains were found is only 100 ft from the roadway and that portion of the land slopes downward toward the ocean (toward Circle Drive, etc)...In addition, by the time she reached that area (if she truly did walk to that spot) it would have been daylight according to weatherunderground daylight data. She could easily have seen any water areas to avoid.

IMO, if there was any water there back in May 2010 (where her body was found,) it was probably only a couple inches deep and most likely less.

I'm just not buying it.

That is why I prefaced my sentence by saying "It would seem...." - Emphasis on "Seem".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard