5.4 Earthquake rocks Illinois

Nothing exciting like that ever happens in my area... (knock on wood)

I felt it and I live in Southern CA... :crazy: :crazy: hehe

I just have to say that this year's wheather has been really wierd. We had snow, thunder and lightning about a month and half ago then it rained mud a few weeks ago and now an earthquake. I am starting to buy into this whole planet X. :eek:

I live in eastern Iowa and slept right through it, but my sister who lives about 7 miles from me called this morning and said that she woke up because the bed was shaking and didn't realize what it was until hearing it on the news later. She and I had been visiting California in 1999 when they had a 7.1 out in the desert. We were in San Clemente at the time sharing a bed at our aunt's house when it starting rocking like crazy. Quite a welcome for a couple of girls from Iowa who had never been to California until then!

I live in eastern Iowa and slept right through it, but my sister who lives about 7 miles from me called this morning and said that she woke up because the bed was shaking and didn't realize what it was until hearing it on the news later. She and I had been visiting California in 1999 when they had a 7.1 out in the desert. We were in San Clemente at the time sharing a bed at our aunt's house when it starting rocking like crazy. Quite a welcome for a couple of girls from Iowa who had never been to California until then!

I had just moved to Southern CA from IL in 1999 when that quake hit. What a great welcome to the state, huh! :crazy:

I heard that the "earthquake weather" is just a myth though, since earthquakes have hit in all kinds of weather.

I'll have to check on my parents...they live in the Chicago area and my mom is recovering from surgery. Hope everything is okay!

My older dog, when something is wrong will hide under my desk. He was still there this morning at 8, poor thing

LOL - my cats immediately went to hide this morning after the quake and refused to come out while I was getting ready for work. Who knows when they finally resurfaced! I felt the aftershock on the 20th floor of my building. Didn't particularly enjoy that one!

I hope you guys are safe...(haven't read thread)
I am VERY near Atlanta and on our news it said people felt aftershocks there as well....
Hubby and I were both shocked...I honestly did NOT know AFTERSHOCKS traveled that far...

LOL - my cats immediately went to hide this morning after the quake and refused to come out while I was getting ready for work. Who knows when they finally resurfaced! I felt the aftershock on the 20th floor of my building. Didn't particularly enjoy that one!
My cat did nothing as usual...LOL I didnt feel the aftershocks at all. I was riding in a car. I guess if you are in a car you dont feel them? At least that is what I was told.

Im in Lawrence, Kansas and felt at 430am last night....it was scary...i thought someone was breaking into my window and i ran out of my room into my roommates and her windows were shaking too!

Im in Lawrence, Kansas and felt at 430am last night....it was scary...i thought someone was breaking into my window and i ran out of my room into my roommates and her windows were shaking too!
Wow it traveled all the way to Kansas that fast?

Just to be clear I am not arguing the fact that it was felt there. I have read just about everything I can today. I just think it is so weird it got to Kansas first is all.It is weird how many ppl felt one EQ though.

I didnt feel it here until about 445, just thought is was weird that we are closer and felt it after you. HUH

I dont know it was a little after 430...thats the last time i had looked at my clock and then sprinted out of my room thinking i was about to be murdered...so it may have been after 445 idk...somewhere between 430 and 5am.

Why isnt Kansas on that list?? I know i didnt dream this...everyone here has been talking about it allllll day long and its all over the news.

I dont know but I remember seeing Kansas feeling aftershocks somewhere, maybe it was Kansas city. I dont recall I read a lot today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back