5-9-12 Steven Powell Trial *GUILTY!!!* 6-15-12 SENTENCING HEARING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice has been served for the people he took advantage of and hurt for his own pleasure. It's also pay back time for the all the others, even his own family, that he pathologically destroyed. He needs to come clean to his kids if nothing else...he owes them that much, but I don't believe they will ever hear it. Sick, sick man.

Alina needs some serious help, but will stay among the dysfunction as a caretaker for her brother...and the other remaining family members will also encourage it and not extend their hand because of their own self preservation and living their own lives. Very, very sad, but JMO. Hope I'm wrong and she takes charge of her own life, but it will take time and strong fortitude.,,,with her believing in herself when the fear and doubt rear their ugly heads.........and staying away from the manipulations she lived with all her life. I do feel compassion for her...she didn't ask for a father with a sickness; and he will always be her father. Terrica needs to take care of John now. IMO, JMO, etc. The courts made a very bad mistake with giving SP custody of those kids.

I don't understand her and have to wonder why she thinks her dad's behavior is acceptable on ANY level? Has he brainwashed her or something? Maybe having him locked up the rest of his life will help her to learn how to LIVE. Her reactions are downright scary!

I do think Alina's behavior, and her brother's in Minnesota, show a certain family obsessiveness, borne out of secrecy, but also what might even be a family genetic obsessive-compulsive controlling nature. She is so like SP and JP in her behavior, this adamant belief that if they claim something and put up a website, they will certainly convince people - even though they are completely out of touch with reality in terms of how convincing that "evidence" is.

You see SP keeping up that obsessiveness when JP moved away. In the volume of material he collected, and labelled. In his insistence in never leaving Susan or JP or ANY of his kids alone. It seems to go way back in this family, pursuing ex-wives, stealing kids to get their way, picking weird fights, it's as though they need to control reality itself. I hope the survivors can be helped.

But mostly, I'm happy that those neighbor girls got some justice, and that as someone said upthread, SP's new plots have to take place behind bars and, I hope, an expensive attorney.

JMO.

While I don't feel sorry for her, I do have compassion for her. We don't know the depths of the damage steve has done to her. I hope she gets help and that someone reaches out to her.

I agree. I visited the web site and could see a huge resounding sound of denial. Yes, those videos are bright and cheery - but you don't see any interaction between Susan and Josh, and maybe a comment or two between Susan and Steve.

I walked away thinking Josh and Steve were the catalyst for those videos and the scenes were forced, if not staged.

And didn't she mention that Josh committed suicide? She made no mention of the fact that he hacked Susan's two beautiful boys and murdered them. A very classic case of denial. I don't care how much pressure you're under, you are responsible for your own actions. He's a murderer and we all know it.

She's going to have a very tough road ahead of her if she doesn't seek professional help.

MOO

Mel

ALeqM5gWcl8NqNU7IPS-CDUHgETyNaj35g

It's Perp Walk steve.

pics in slideshow at link:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...5eatTQ?docId=408971d667f44a8bab4058f14d5b3e9f

I blew the pic thing again, I think, if it needs to be smaller, mods, I would do it if I could.

Sanpaku eyes. Those always bug me. Her whole affect seems flat or void in this pic.... I see why you say that.

Exactly, I have seen that look before, it was on the other end of a gun pointed at my head. My comment had nothing to do with physicality, beauty or lack of it, but the energy behind the look.

Here is some background on the case

Read a recap of Tuesday’s closing statements and jury deliberations.

Read a recap of Monday’s court happenings.

Read a recap of last week’s witness testimony here.

Read a recap of last week’s trial opening here.

Read a recap of last Monday’s jury selection here.

Read a prosecution filing detailing what police allege they found on Steven Powell’s computers. WARNING: Extremely GRAPHIC content!

Read the jury questionnaire in the Steven Powell trial.

Here are the jury instructions.

This is the judge’s order to dismiss the child *advertiser censored* charge against Steven Powell, with prejudice.

This is the defense motion to dismiss 12 counts of voyeurism against Steven Powell.

This is the state’s response. The motion was denied.

http://fox13now.com/2012/05/16/powell-trial-blog-jury-day-five/

Um...am I doing something wrong?

Did she take down the site? When I go to the news article & click the link, I get a 404 Error.

AnonymousD, please refer to post #288 above. It appears the website in question has been taken down.

The sleuth in me wanted to see the videos and hear the mp3's. even tho I really wasn't ready, apparently..I guess my guardian angel protected me.

I am having a really hard time figgering out how/why Susan got inmeshed with JP and his family...

Most major kudos to Jennifer Graves, of course. :heart:

What a world.

Kiirsi, I just wanted to give you a shout out for being such a good friend and voice for Susan and her family.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=20422176

(snips)
Before each video on the website (sites.google.com/site/westvalleymalfeasance), Alina Powell specifically addresses some of the most outspoken critics of her family, including her estranged sister, Jennifer Graves; Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox; Susan's best friend Kiirsi Hellwell; and Susan's former Utah neighbor Debbie Caldwell.

"It's apparent to me from the way Susan acts/looks/talks that she is not enjoying her time around Steve Powell," Hellewell posted on her Twitter account, adding it was "sad how some people refuse to wake up to reality. Lots of lies/untruths."

EEEEEEEEEgadddddddddddddddsssssss - looks like they have a second site with the crap on there. Also the google search says the other page is:

"We are experiencing technical issues at <the other site addy>. This site will be reinstated at that URL when the issues are resolved."

Only cowards disable youtube comments. I hope all the news agencies footage used report this as a copyright violation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53