5 Nov 2010 - KUTV - Talks to Josh Powell

snip from posted link:

Steve Powell said he and his son expect to see Susan again. People wanting to find his daughter-in-law’s body to produce closure are “a bunch of morbid f------ assholes,” Steve Powell said.

“She absconded,” Steve Powell said. “We don’t believe she was abducted. We don’t believe she was murdered.”

Josh Powell said he has not granted previous interview requests because the people criticizing him did not deserve a response.

“They underestimate my discipline,” Josh Powell said.

oh... I think LE has not underestimated you Josh Powell. It is just a matter of time.

((might I add that this article made my blood boil!))

So the people criticizing him didn't deserve a response previously? So why open your piehole now Josh? I think something has seriously ticked off the Powell clan. LMAO.

Does Utah still have the Firing Squad? Everyone and their Dog knows this man killed his wife. It really is a no brainer.

It was a good thing JP is bringing attention to this again. Where is Susan?
I wonder if he was missing the attention?

Mud slingling is not what I think of when I hear someone stand up for a crime victim.

I expect this from JP's side after the postings on his website, but I just didn't expect it from the other side. I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to something like that. Why give them any power at all?

Although I agree everything we have seen and heard from JP points to his guilt, her being a crime victim is still speculation since we have heard nothing from LE of there being actual criminal foul play involved. They should have had a tracker on his vehicle the day they searched it. It's frustrating; but I'd still like to know what exactly stirred this up for them to come out and comment. Wonder if the Cox's have started to do something about the boys? I think that would do it.

Also agree that the children shouldn't be with them......how controlling and spiteful not to let the Cox's see them. Seeing the grandchildren and having reporters asking if they have seen them is not talking about the children. Powell's are the ones using the children via their website and the using them for their own vindictive purposes. Cruel to the children to withhold the grandparent love and relationship. I'm sure no counselor would agree with them doing that.

JMO

The Coxes and Jennifer/Kurt Graves, on Good Morning America this morning, gave a good retort to jp/chantrey's comments. They did it with more grace and class than jp would ever be capable of doing. IMHO

I expect this from JP's side after the postings on his website, but I just didn't expect it from the other side. I wouldn't have even bothered to respond to something like that. Why give them any power at all?

Although I agree everything we have seen and heard from JP points to his guilt, her being a crime victim is still speculation since we have heard nothing from LE of there being actual criminal foul play involved. They should have had a tracker on his vehicle the day they searched it. It's frustrating; but I'd still like to know what exactly stirred this up for them to come out and comment.

Also agree that the children shouldn't be with them......how controlling and spiteful not to let the Cox's see them. Seeing the grandchildren and having reporters asking if they have seen them is not talking about the children. Powell's are the ones using the children via their website and the using them for their own vindictive purposes. Cruel to the children to withhold the grandparent love and relationship. I'm sure no counselor would agree with them doing that.

JMO

We will have to agree to disagree. I only see one side slinging mud. The other side is setting the record straight and defending Susan.

OK EVER SINCE THIS CASE HIT THE NEWS I HAVE :banghead: BECAUSE THIS CASE HITS A PERSONAL NOTE. I WAS ONCE MARRIED TO A CONTROLLING , ABUSIVE HUSBAND. MY FATHER IN LAW AT THE TIME TOLD MY HUS. THAT YOU NEVER LET YOUR WIFE HAVE MONEY,HAVE ONLY YOUR NAME ON BANK CARDS ETC, AND THAT WOMEN DONT KNOW HOW TO 'HANDLE' MONEY. IN FACT AFTER WE HAD SEPARATED (MY 2 KIDS AND I LIVED IN OUR HOME AND MY EX MOVED IN WITH HIS PARENTS) ONE VALENTINES DAY (BEFORE MY HUS. ALWAYS BOUGHT ME LOBSTER FOR VALENTINES DAY) HE CAME OVER WHEN MYSELF AND MY YOUNGER SON HAD GONE GROCERY SHOPPING, AND MY OLDER SON WAS AT HOME ON THE COMPUTER. WHEN I RETURNED HOME THERE WAS A BAG ON THE COUNTER W/A LOBSTER IN IT. I ASKED MY SON WHERE IT CAME FROM AND HE SAID DAD WAS HERE. I FOUND THIS WEIRD BECAUSE WE WERE GETTING A DIVORCE AND NOT EXACTLY ON THE BEST OF TERMS. MY SON SAID MY HUSBAND CAME IN PUT THE BAG ON THE COUNTER AND IMMEDIATELY WENT DOWN CELLAR, WAS THERE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN LEFT QUICKLY. WELL I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT, SO I WENT ON WITH PUTTING THE GROCERIES AWAY AND TOLD MY SON TO TAKE THE TIDE DOWN CELLAR TO THE WASHER. HE WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND STARTING YELLING FIRE! YES THE ELECTRICAL BOX WAS ON FIRE AND THE FIRE HAD GONE UP THE WALL AND WAS BURNING THE BATHROOM FLOOR ABOVE. LO AND BEHOLD MY EX WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND FOR HOURS AFTER THIS HAPPENED. THE FIRE CHIEF TOLD ME THE FIRE WAS SUSPICIOUS . BUT I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO BELIEVE MY EX WOULD DO SUCH A THING. MY EX PASSED AWAY IN 2007 AND AFTER MY FATHER IN LAW SAID THAT HE FELT GUILTY BECAUSE HE HAD TOLD MY EX NOT TO GET A DIVORCE BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE GOT HALF OF EVERYTHING, AND THIS NEVER SAT WELL WITH MY EX. WHEN I TRIED TO FIND IF HE WAS RESPONSIBLE I WAS MET WITH YOU CANT PROVE THAT NOW . SO I AM LEFT WITH THE FEELING THAT YES HE COULD HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE AND MY GUT TELLS ME SO. SO FOR JOSH POWELL WATCH OUT SUSAN'S 'DISAPPEARANCE' WILL NOT GO UNCHECKED THIS IS ONE I WILL NOT LET GO OF!

POI should not rest. It was good to watch the GMA clip, where Susan's dad says they are in contact with LE on a weekly basis and are told the case is progressing. I have no reason to doubt this.

I'm glad that you and your children are safe.

OK EVER SINCE THIS CASE HIT THE NEWS I HAVE :banghead: BECAUSE THIS CASE HITS A PERSONAL NOTE. I WAS ONCE MARRIED TO A CONTROLLING , ABUSIVE HUSBAND. MY FATHER IN LAW AT THE TIME TOLD MY HUS. THAT YOU NEVER LET YOUR WIFE HAVE MONEY,HAVE ONLY YOUR NAME ON BANK CARDS ETC, AND THAT WOMEN DONT KNOW HOW TO 'HANDLE' MONEY. IN FACT AFTER WE HAD SEPARATED (MY 2 KIDS AND I LIVED IN OUR HOME AND MY EX MOVED IN WITH HIS PARENTS) ONE VALENTINES DAY (BEFORE MY HUS. ALWAYS BOUGHT ME LOBSTER FOR VALENTINES DAY) HE CAME OVER WHEN MYSELF AND MY YOUNGER SON HAD GONE GROCERY SHOPPING, AND MY OLDER SON WAS AT HOME ON THE COMPUTER. WHEN I RETURNED HOME THERE WAS A BAG ON THE COUNTER W/A LOBSTER IN IT. I ASKED MY SON WHERE IT CAME FROM AND HE SAID DAD WAS HERE. I FOUND THIS WEIRD BECAUSE WE WERE GETTING A DIVORCE AND NOT EXACTLY ON THE BEST OF TERMS. MY SON SAID MY HUSBAND CAME IN PUT THE BAG ON THE COUNTER AND IMMEDIATELY WENT DOWN CELLAR, WAS THERE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEN LEFT QUICKLY. WELL I COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT, SO I WENT ON WITH PUTTING THE GROCERIES AWAY AND TOLD MY SON TO TAKE THE TIDE DOWN CELLAR TO THE WASHER. HE WENT DOWNSTAIRS AND STARTING YELLING FIRE! YES THE ELECTRICAL BOX WAS ON FIRE AND THE FIRE HAD GONE UP THE WALL AND WAS BURNING THE BATHROOM FLOOR ABOVE. LO AND BEHOLD MY EX WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND FOR HOURS AFTER THIS HAPPENED. THE FIRE CHIEF TOLD ME THE FIRE WAS SUSPICIOUS . BUT I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO BELIEVE MY EX WOULD DO SUCH A THING. MY EX PASSED AWAY IN 2007 AND AFTER MY FATHER IN LAW SAID THAT HE FELT GUILTY BECAUSE HE HAD TOLD MY EX NOT TO GET A DIVORCE BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE GOT HALF OF EVERYTHING, AND THIS NEVER SAT WELL WITH MY EX. WHEN I TRIED TO FIND IF HE WAS RESPONSIBLE I WAS MET WITH YOU CANT PROVE THAT NOW . SO I AM LEFT WITH THE FEELING THAT YES HE COULD HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE AND MY GUT TELLS ME SO. SO FOR JOSH POWELL WATCH OUT SUSAN'S 'DISAPPEARANCE' WILL NOT GO UNCHECKED THIS IS ONE I WILL NOT LET GO OF!

Does Utah still have the Firing Squad? Everyone and their Dog knows this man killed his wife. It really is a no brainer.

We do not. It is lethal injection only I believe. Hopefully the other prisoners take care of him before that happens.

generators are expensive

we usually remember where we've purchased expensive items

also, we usually pay with credit or debit for expensive items so it would be easy to check to see where that transaction was

someone remind me why this guy is not in jail yet?

generators are expensive

we usually remember where we've purchased expensive items

also, we usually pay with credit or debit for expensive items so it would be easy to check to see where that transaction was

someone remind me why this guy is not in jail yet?

The reason Josh P. is not in jail is because it takes time to make a case against anyone especially when you dont have a body. I have faith that LE will one day be at JP"S door with a warrant for his arrest . I cant wait to see his face on the perp walk ya know all sad. LOL:dance:

Josh has become over-confident since there have been no developments and he has not been charged. The risk is though that this backfires because it is outrageous and is bringing the focus right back on him and makes LE want to go after him.

How does he explain the crazy alibi of taking the kids camping late at night on a freezing cold period even hardy campers aborted their plans and ... with a 'work day' the next morning?

GMAB. You are not fooling anyone Josh ... maybe your conscience or desire for another 15 minutes of fame got in the way of either keeping quiet and/or being respectful to your Wife.

We do not. It is lethal injection only I believe. Hopefully the other prisoners take care of him before that happens.

In Utah? Yes we do. Someone was just executed last June by firing squad.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_by_firing_squad[/ame]

1. Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed by five anonymous officers on June 18, 2010. In February 1996, Gardner threatened to sue to force the state of Utah to execute him by firing squad. He said that he preferred this method of execution because of his "Mormon heritage." Gardner also felt that lawmakers were trying to eliminate the firing squad, in opposition to popular opinion in Utah, because of concern over the state's image in the 2002 Winter Olympics.[33]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back