50,000 Dogs Killed in China

Marthatex said:
Dogs are wonderful; I love my two doggies; I just spent $500 trying to diagnose my elderly half-schnauzer heart problems.

Difference in cultures I guess. :eek:
Yep.
The pet industry is huge in the states.
Dog walkers in NYC are cleaning up!
People are willing to spend astronomical amounts of money on their pets.

BillyGoatGruff said:
So, the fact every other product in China is made with political prisoner labor isn't enough to get Americans to boycott Chinese products but this is? See? This is what's wrong with us.
I like my pets better than I do most people so BBG, your argument isn't getting anywhere with me. ;) :D

deandaniellws said:
I like my pets better than I do most people so BBG, your argument isn't getting anywhere with me. ;) :D
What's worse? Killing a dog or leaving a child to die of exposure?

BillyGoatGruff said:
What's worse? Killing a dog or leaving a child to die of exposure?
My goddaughter is from China. Some one left her on the side of the road when she was a few days old. I've never been to China, but that fact right there makes me consider them to be Barbarians. I'm not surprised that they beat dogs to death and I'm more concerned that they throw girls away.

BillyGoatGruff said:
''Dude. They expose their surplus female children on river banks. WTF do dogs or any animal mean in that kind of world? In many ways its still the 19th Century over there.
'Dude' The way people and/or culture treat animals and children says a lot about them. If they will do this to kids they will do this to animals; if they do this to animals they will do this to kids. And I certainly hope that other countries in the 19th Century were not abandoning kids on river banks and beating dogs to death. This is more than being backward this is just being mean and uncaring towards anything you deem beneath you. This is how a lot of killers look at things, you are beneath me so it's okay if I take you out, you mean nothing.

BillyGoatGruff said:
So, the fact every other product in China is made with political prisoner labor isn't enough to get Americans to boycott Chinese products but this is? See? This is what's wrong with us.
If the people over there were so unhappy they could rise up. I know they are not allowed to arm themselves, but if enough actually stood up to the gov't they could make a difference. Those brave college students did that. Why did 'children' have to do that? Why were the adults not the ones on that square being run over by tanks instead of their children? And why after that happened did the adults not continue the fight? The adults of China need to stand up for themselves they are adults. Why are the children and animals continuing to pay the price because the majority of adults are content to continue to live with what is happening to them and happy to let a few students and brave adults fight the fight for them? JMHO

deandaniellws said:
I pretty much agree with you on that. See they are both helpless and unable to fight back. Both things are horrible. Oh, and I definately like my pets better than most people. :D

That makes 4 of us!

Strange how the government can go into other countries and try to talk about peace nad human rights. Yet, they let a country like China import goods when they just throw away little girls and beat dogs to death. That's what wrong, not the fact that beating dogs causes an uproar among us.

Okay, so I just read that they're going to be killing even more dogs in the same fashion. Why isn't it possible for PETA or some other organization to just donate some hypodermic needles loaded with drugs that can just put them to sleep IF they MUST be killed? Why must the entire world just sit by and tsk tsk the practice? Something CAN be done to do this in a more humane way.

Just wanted to add this. That article is extremely depressing and sad.

Jeana (DP) said:
I know, but what are they doing about it? Can't Pam Anderson pose nude again and get some donations or something?
LOL Everyone has seen it so many times no one will keep paying to see it again.

It seems that China has refused their help. I guess that they would rather beat the dogs instead of making sure they get vaccinations before an outbreak and any other help they've been offered.:banghead:

Blondieskatz said:
This is absolutely horrible! After reading this I will boycott buying any products made in China!:mad:

I have been doing this ever since I learned that they were skinning dogs and cats alive for their fur. It's really hard to do because just about everything is made in China!!

I understand and sympathize with their need to control the rabies outbreak, but they're even killing the vaccinated dogs whose owners had the means to pay for the vaccine. That makes no sense. I don't know why they can't order the dogs to be vaccinated and quarantined for a period of time. And, for crying out loud, there are many other animals besides dogs that can spread rabies. Don't they have bats in that country? Are they going to kill everything that walks on four legs or flies in the air? GRRRRRRRRR.

Edited to add: I feel sure the HSUS, PETA, and other humane organizations would provide the vaccines at no cost to the government of China.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back