50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty good with accents and can even mimic a couple of them myself. I have turtle speed dial up so it is not easy for me to download video, but I can try. Is there a way for me or any of us to hear his voice? Please forgive for not having read through all the posts to find this on my own. Normally I do, but I am just coming back after a bit of time away. I would like to help if I can, though.

Lion

I was wondering about the Catholic school. Could it have been College I wonder? The popluar Catholic College here in Indiana is Notre Dame.

I am pretty good with accents and can even mimic a couple of them myself. I have turtle speed dial up so it is not easy for me to download video, but I can try. Is there a way for me or any of us to hear his voice? Please forgive for not having read through all the posts to find this on my own. Normally I do, but I am just coming back after a bit of time away. I would like to help if I can, though.

Lion

Ohh Lion, I'm so glad you're here! Welcome! :)

Notre Dame has a Senior Alumni Website and National Organization. I hope it is OK, but I amended Gina's letter and contacted the Regional director who oversees GA, NC and SC. I explained, provided the links and requested they give the story some exposure on their website if they agreed there was a chance BK could be an alumn. If I overstepped my bounds, let me know. I will post any reply I receive.

I just checked the NJ Unexplained Disappearances section of doenetwork.org and did not find anybody of interest. Is there any other sites I should visit to rule out NJ as a possibility? I also will start looking at Ohio listings as well if no one has taken Ohio yet.

Christine, here is the presumed dead, missing, news articles and local state and county missing persons search list.

Benjaman Kyle Search List
*States completed

CO-Dimples*
IN-Phenolred*
IN-Gina M
KS-AJ1020
ME-Synthia*
NB-AJ1020*
NH-Synthia*
OK-SS
OR-SuziQ*
TX-KT CAN
UT-SuziQ*
VT-Synthia*

I will do MI, WI, and MN

Notre Dame has a Senior Alumni Website and National Organization. I hope it is OK, but I amended Gina's letter and contacted the Regional director who oversees GA, NC and SC. I explained, provided the links and requested they give the story some exposure on their website if they agreed there was a chance BK could be an alumn. If I overstepped my bounds, let me know. I will post any reply I receive.

Great! Please post your letter, we may use it too! I figured we would have to change somethings depending on who we had to send it to..thanks for thinking of this....great idea.

Thanks everyone! Everyone that is emailing and researching! For those researching Missing sites...remember "20 yr gap"...keep this in mind...he may be missing for over 20 yrs...which would place his disappearance I believe in the mid 80's.

Dear Sir:
I have recently become aware of a man down in Georgia who has amnesia. He was discovered unconscious behind a Burger King in Richmond Hill, Georgia, in 2004, and so far has been unable to find out his true identity. He is now using the name of Benjaman Kyle. He is unable to obtain a social security number, and therefore, he is unable to obtain a job.

Here is the first article:
http://savannahnow.com/node/364434

Here is the second article, which is accompanied by a video:
http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/...0-15-0025.html

Here is his listing on the Doe Network:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1007umga.html

Several internet sleuthers, along with one of his nurses from the hospital, have been trying to help him discover his identity. Due to some statements he has made regarding his past, we think there may be a chance he could be an alumnus of Notre Dame. We also believe he has a family out there who may believe he is deceased.

Amnesia is a very rare condition, but there have been other cases in which amnesia has kept someone separated from their loved ones. In particular, the case of Jeffrey Ingram, a Canadian who went missing from Seattle and ended up in Denver with no memory, garnered national attention. Jeffrey achieved national exposure by appearing on television and was recognized by a friend.

You can read more about Jeffrey Ingram at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15373503/
and
http://www.rd.com/content/a-man-with...with-his-wife/

Jeffrey's is a story that captivated many people, including myself. I believe the public would be interested in Benjaman's story as well. He has been featured on two MySpace pages:
http://www.myspace.com/missinginplainsight
http://www.myspace.com/seriouslysearching

and several news affiliates have picked up the interview from Savannah.

Your consideration and assistance in any way towards helping Mr. Kyle determine his identity would be greatly appreciated! If there is a means towards circulating some of this information on your Senior Alumni Website, those of us trying to help Mr. Kyle identify himself would be truly grateful.

Best regards,

If anyone knows how to write a story you could submit your story idea (BK's story) to Reader's Digest and if the story idea is picked you would be the one to actually write the story about BK. I would do it but I isn't no writer.

Here is the info:

Article Proposal

Original articles are generally assigned to regular contributors to Reader's Digest magazine. We do not accept or return unpublished manuscripts.

We do, however, accept brief queries (up to 2,500 characters) that clearly detail the article idea -- with special emphasis on the arc of the story, your interview access to the main characters, your access to special documents, etc. We look for dramatic narratives, articles about everyday heroes, crime dramas, adventure stories. Do include your writing credits.

We are not interested in poetry, fiction or opinion pieces.

Link to form to fill out http://www.rd.com/articleproposal.do?wtGroup=RDCOM_FOOTER&wtID=ARTPROP_SITE&lid=31

If anyone knows how to write a story you could submit your story idea (BK's story) to Reader's Digest and if the story idea is picked you would be the one to actually write the story about BK. I would do it but I isn't no writer.

Here is the info:

Article Proposal

Original articles are generally assigned to regular contributors to Reader's Digest magazine. We do not accept or return unpublished manuscripts.

We do, however, accept brief queries (up to 2,500 characters) that clearly detail the article idea -- with special emphasis on the arc of the story, your interview access to the main characters, your access to special documents, etc. We look for dramatic narratives, articles about everyday heroes, crime dramas, adventure stories. Do include your writing credits.

We are not interested in poetry, fiction or opinion pieces.

Link to form to fill out http://www.rd.com/articleproposal.do?wtGroup=RDCOM_FOOTER&wtID=ARTPROP_SITE&lid=31

Betty is a great writer, let me mention this to her! She knows the story better than any of us! Thanks RKnowley, this is a great idea. Reader Digest I believe would be the perfect reader base (ages, etc) for this type of story.

ty Christine for suggesting nurse Betty (maybe I should just call her Betty as "Nurse Betty" sounds like a *advertiser censored* star name to me, lol) write an article for RD. I didn't want to suggest someone (a certain person) write the article because I didn't want to put the stress on somebodyelse. You are in the perfect position to suggest to Betty that she write the article as you are working with her now. You are correct in saying Betty knows BK & his story better than all of us and I know she would write the perfect article on BK. Thanks again for all your help Christine.

Betty is a great writer, let me mention this to her! She knows the story better than any of us! Thanks RKnowley, this is a great idea. Reader Digest I believe would be the perfect reader base (ages, etc) for this type of story.

Yeah I really would like to find more out about Thomas Ray James(the dates add up real good for Thomas Ray James as well as the body build and dates....the only thing that is off is the brown eyes, and the photo you can't tell anything because of the quality.) as well as Steve Dewey. As far as the myspace thing Christine, I still have Steve Dewey's sons page and I haven't heard back from him, and didnt want to message him and be the cause of more dissappointment or hurt.

I am willing to help out in any way I can at all. If anyone needs anything please message me and let me know......

Kel

I know this as a match is unlikely for a number of reasons but figured I would post it here and let everyone else look and rule it out instead of me ruling it out without other opinions.

--------Newspaper Article---------

Authorities are seeking help from the public in finding a 46- year-old Covington man who has been missing for two months.
Edward James Terrebonne IV was last seen the morning of July 9 in Covington. His car was found that day abandoned about 275 miles away on Interstate 49 near Natchitoches, Covington police Lt. Robert Donald said.
Terrebonne, whose mother reported him missing July 12, has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, a condition that sometimes causes him to lose his memory and forget his identity, Donald said.
Terrebonne is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs 180 pounds and has blue eyes and brown hair.

_____Charley Project Site Link for Terrebonne____

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/terrebonne_edward.html

Kel

I am hoping one of you great searchers might be able to find out more on this article as well. I can't find the couple's names or if the body of the husband was ever found. I know it is probably a long shot but who knows......Don't want to ignore any chance of figuring this out.....

----Only Newspaper Article I could Find-------

A man knocked out of a speedboat remained missing late Saturday after a boating accident near the Kemah Boardwalk.
Jim Christy, Clear Lake Emergency Medical Corps spokesman, said the man and his wife, whose identities were not released, were returning to Kemah when their boat got snared by submerged crab traps.
Christy said the speedboat was traveling about 55 mph when it became entangled in underwater ropes from the traps about 300 yards from the boardwalk. The force of the impact sent the man overboard, he said.
The accident happened about 7:30 p.m.
Christy said Kemah Fire Department dive teams and rescue boats searched a large area for the missing man, but suspended the search about 10 p.m. due to poor visibility.
He said a Kemah firefighter was injured when he attempted to board the speedboat, which was spinning in circles anchored to ropes from the traps, to help the man's wife. The firefighter was sent by LifeFlight to Hermann Memorial Hospital while the woman was sent to an area hospital by ambulance for minor injuries.
The firefighter and woman were rescued by other firefighters who cut off the boat's engine.

I am hoping one of you great searchers might be able to find out more on this article as well. I can't find the couple's names or if the body of the husband was ever found. I know it is probably a long shot but who knows......Don't want to ignore any chance of figuring this out.....

----Only Newspaper Article I could Find-------

A man knocked out of a speedboat remained missing late Saturday after a boating accident near the Kemah Boardwalk.
Jim Christy, Clear Lake Emergency Medical Corps spokesman, said the man and his wife, whose identities were not released, were returning to Kemah when their boat got snared by submerged crab traps.
Christy said the speedboat was traveling about 55 mph when it became entangled in underwater ropes from the traps about 300 yards from the boardwalk. The force of the impact sent the man overboard, he said.
The accident happened about 7:30 p.m.
Christy said Kemah Fire Department dive teams and rescue boats searched a large area for the missing man, but suspended the search about 10 p.m. due to poor visibility.
He said a Kemah firefighter was injured when he attempted to board the speedboat, which was spinning in circles anchored to ropes from the traps, to help the man's wife. The firefighter was sent by LifeFlight to Hermann Memorial Hospital while the woman was sent to an area hospital by ambulance for minor injuries.
The firefighter and woman were rescued by other firefighters who cut off the boat's engine.

I found the following post on a boating forum. It looks like this boating accident occured in Sep, 2004, so I don't believe it's a match to BK.

07-25-2005, 02:04 PM #1 westwelljs vbmenu_register("postmenu_1400952", true);
Registered

Lost at Sea : All Baja 25 Owners Please Read
My husband and I were boating last year.
Well, first let me say that I just found this site today, and think it is a great resource for power boating and for owners.
That being said. I want to share with each of you that reads this, that I truly hope you will always exercise good judgement when you are out in your boats. Please wear a "kill switch" , and keep it on until you dock the boat. He had taken his off too soon that day.
My husband is gone now, and I think he would like this site too, if he were still here.
We were in our boat last September, less than a 1/4 mile from the Kemah Boardwalk/ Chanel,when he swerved to miss a crab trap, that was barely noticeable because of the poorly discolored float, and also it was in a navigable chanel, and was not supposed to be. We immediately hit another boat's wake that was off to our port side about a 100 feet, and he was ejected from the boat, where it ran over him & he went into the prop and died.
I sustained broken ribs, and an arm, and was knocked out.
I stayed inside the confines of our boat.
I would like to know if any of you has ever heard of such an incident,etc?
I had always felt like our boat was too fast & too light for the type of chop we have in Trinity/Galveston Bay, and that the accident was avoidable, if only some slight changes to the boat were made during manufacturing. and lastly that there were stricter laws for crab trapping in the Gulf waters.
I have been writing to our representatives and trying to get some new laws passed regulating the placement of crab traps.
Our speed at the time of the accident was not very fast, maybe 45-5- mph, again the chop keeps the speed down somewhat.
Not sure why I wrote this today, but I have been planning his one year memorial this past week, and so it is so fresh on my mind, I guess.
Clark was 45, and died one day shy of his 46th birthday.
We had just gotten married a few months before in May in Grand Cayman.
He loved all kinds of boating, especially being in our Baja, as well as sailing, and he was formerly in the Navy when he was younger.
He died September 4th, 2004. His Memorial is going to be held on September 3rd, 2005, at Outrigger's in Kemah, TX, at 2pm. If you think about it that day, maybe you can say a prayer for him. I know he would appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Jacque West
Seabrook, TX

from: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108448

Lion

Hi Lion! :blowkiss:

The video is on LiveLeak which is similar to YouTube's video format, at this link:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aef_1193096986

The video will automatically start playing (it's down at the bottom of the page). Since you have dialup, I would suggest hitting the "pause" on the video (lower left corner of the video box), and letting it load up before you play it. Otherwise it will play very choppily.

Hope you're able to watch the video!

Thanks aj1020.........I am posting the articles like this because it is a paid archive newspaper site and I don't know how to post these without it giving people the register and pay page of the site....So here is another one....also doesn't have a name and would be a man in his 60's ....which I am not sure if BK would be this old.....

Lafourche Parish authorities and the Coast Guard searched Friday for a missing fisher who fell off an oyster boat in Hackberry Bay.
The man and two companions were aboard a 45-foot, unnamed boat in the bay about 10 miles north of Grand Isle when the boat hit a submerged pipeline about 8:30 a.m., knocking the three men into the water, according to the Coast Guard.
Two of the men were able to climb back on board, but the third man did not surface, the Coast Guard said.
The identities of the three men weren't available. Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman Larry Weidel said the missing man is 60 years old, and the boat belongs to Simmons Marine of Empire.
The men weren't wearing life jackets, the Coast Guard said.
The two men who returned to the boat radioed the Coast Guard station at Grand Isle.
Two rescue boats were dispatched from Grand Isle, and a helicopter was sent from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans.
It was unclear if Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office boats initially assisted with the search. The accident happened near the Lafourche-Jefferson parish line.
The search was suspended about 5:30 p.m. because of rough weather, Weidel said. Wind was gusting at about 30 mph, he said.
Officials plan to resume the search this morning.
Hackberry Bay is very shallow in winter when tides are low, Weidel said. "It's not unusual to drag bottom this time of year."
. . . . . . .
Sandra Barbier can be reached at sbarbier@timespicayune.com or (504) 826-3784.

The other missing crew members are Baldemar Villerreal, 54, of Lake Jackson; Daniel Lopez, 31, of Port Arthur; Joseph Brown, 44, of Vidor; and Lawrence Glass, 65, of Mobile, Ala.
The company that owns the vessel, Galveston-based Ocean Runner Inc., declined to comment on the incident Sunday.
The Coast Guard had few answers, though the collision was under investigation, McCool said. The weather played a role in the collision, McCool said, though officials had not determined Sunday to what extent. Navy divers examined the wreckage of the Lee III, using radar equipment to search for clues.
Searchers have found life vests and preservers and a raft floating near the sunken ship. Only the bow of the overturned ship remained above water.
The Lee III, a 178-foot offshore-platform supply ship, was carrying about 30,000 gallons of diesel fuel when it collided with Zim Mexico III about 5:30 a.m. Saturday. Investigators are assessing possible environmental damage and safety conditions connected to the leaking fuel.

I just checked the NJ Unexplained Disappearances section of doenetwork.org and did not find anybody of interest. Is there any other sites I should visit to rule out NJ as a possibility? I also will start looking at Ohio listings as well if no one has taken Ohio yet.

Thanks Mark! I will add you to the list for NJ and Ohio. If you could also check the local state, county and city govt websites for missing persons. Also google, or use whatever your prefered search engine is, and search terms such as missing person+state name, presumed dead+state name, and any other combination you can think of. Another missing person website I like to use is National Center for Missing Adults.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members