50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK lovely people-I do receive updates periodically from Benjaman and Nurse Betty.

For the Newbies:
Nurse Betty is the name we picked for the person who has spearheaded the campaign to find out his ID. She does not want her name appearing on the threads if possible since the circumstances behind BK's attack are still unclear-YES, the TOS says that once the information appears in Mainstream media, it can be posted. All I can do is ask that you respect this wish with me because it is easy to do and it will not cause her undue stress because of WS.

The show has provided a private detective to help vet the leads and I have been told that the leads are forwarded to Benjaman regularly. Keep in mind the sheer quantity of silly stuff that must be there-when BK was in the National Enquirer he had a number of elderly ladies claiming to know him but wanting him to correspond with them personally first...you get the idea.

To date I have been posting updates on the seemingly relevant thread-tell me how you want to see them and I will give it my best shot.

:blowkiss:

I took a look on the net and found several who have been around for a while, but it is hard to say whether some of them had been operating in the 70's.

Any medical folks out there? How complicated is a rebuild of an elbow that involves skin grafts? 1 in a 100 patients? 1 in a thousand? Would you remember the guy you did it on?

What kind of fracture was it then; must have been exposed if it needed skin grafts to close? Did he get his arm caught? I bring this up because perhaps this was very complicated in the 70's and a patient like this would automatically go to Mercy Hospital (been around for 100 years) vs another hospital...am I making sense?

Hi carolwood and welcome to WS! Nice to have someone here who gained interest from the show.

Wow! I do see a very strong resemblence and notice the dimple as well. I found William Dean Ponder listed at Charley project too. There are two photos of him, both with good shots of his right ear. If you notice BK's right ear shape is quite a bit different. A little more square and the pic of his right ear show two distinct parallel lines. They look different than William.

Charley project for William Dean Ponder
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/ponder_william.html

Photo comparison thread has a good pic of the ear.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55629

Great sleuthing! and glad to have new eyes on the case.

Cubby

Newbie here, I have been very interested in Benjaman since I saw the Dr. Phil show. I have been searching since, and I have come up with a person of interest. William Dean Ponder, missing since 8-28-1993

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=9801

and

http://www.411gina.org/pdf/missingponder.pdf

After looking at the photo of Ponder, the left side of face has a indent, almost the same place as Benjaman.
Now add 15 years or more to the photo of Ponder
Welcome to WS, carolwood!! :blowkiss: Always great to have more interest and input in this case!! I did a side-by-side comparison for William Dean Ponder for you, I'm going to go put it on the Photo Comparison thread that Cubby linked for you in the above post.

Welcome to WS, carolwood!! :blowkiss: Always great to have more interest and input in this case!! I did a side-by-side comparison for William Dean Ponder for you, I'm going to go put it on the Photo Comparison thread that Cubby linked for you in the above post.

Thank you so much SieSie!!

Did anyone post on Dr Phil about the Y-DNA and the cost?
I have not been on that board for awhile.

Newbie here, I have been very interested in Benjaman since I saw the Dr. Phil show. I have been searching since, and I have come up with a person of interest. William Dean Ponder, missing since 8-28-1993

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=9801

and

http://www.411gina.org/pdf/missingponder.pdf

After looking at the photo of Ponder, the left side of face has a indent, almost the same place as Benjaman.
Now add 15 years or more to the photo of Ponder

williamdeanponder.jpg

SieSie posted in the comparison thread (siesie, is that Ponder 2nd to last pic?)

bfcf38f9.jpg

eta..carolwood

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

Yes, I see the difference. What caught my attention to this man was the dimple, the nose, short neck, and where the ears fall on the face, especially in the second pic of Ponder. Also I took into consideration, adding 15 plus years to Ponder, conditions he may have indured during his time missing(he was depressed, and not on meds), and Ponders only son being killed in 2003, could have drove this man really off. I myself have had depression/anxiety battles after my father passed in 2000, and meds and meditation help tremendously. Can't imagine what would have happened if I had not talked to the dr. about it. Anyways, I will be searching the web for more clues. Also, I read an article at the link below about Ponders son, has anyone contacted the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Dept. to see if they may have other clues on the dissappearance of Ponder.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080917/NEWS/809170364

snip from article:

Terry Guy, the widower of Beverly Guy and Scott Ponder's stepfather, is now married to Tom and Lorraine Lucas's daughter and is president of the Spartanburg CrimeStoppers chapter. Guy said the families of unsolved homicides deserve closure.

SieSie posted in the comparison thread (siesie, is that Ponder 2nd to last pic?)

bfcf38f9.jpg
Yes, I believe both black and whites on the end are of William Ponder, I got it from The Charley Project.

If we're all pretty much in agreement that Ponder can be ruled out, can he be added to that thread with the ever growing list, please. :D

carolwood, I'm glad you suggested the picture. After looking at the two pics, I wouldn't know they were the same guy if it weren't for the ear shots. Something I learned from my late great aunt, who I miss dearly, and interestingly was kind of used for 'paternity' before dna testing.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, thank you for sharing that with us. I understand and have taken meds for bouts of depression as well.

Hope to see more posts from you!

Cubby

SieSie,
thanks for adding Williams picture. I still go back to these pictures ALL the time for reference.

you da' bomb! :blowkiss:

Cubby

Did anyone post on Dr Phil about the Y-DNA and the cost?
I have not been on that board for awhile.

I sent an email to the show requesting sponsorship for the YDNA testing and that they help advocate to get him a Temp SSN.

I received an email from an intern requesting a signed release form so that they could turn over my name and particulars to Nurse Betty and BK who were vetting their own leads.

I sent the show an email back indicating that it was unnecissary because I have regular contact with them, but considering the fact that I wrote a case history for the show as well as letter of appeal before Benjaman appeared, you would think they would have matched some of the stuff up...too funny.

I guess the bottom line is that Dr. Phil contributed air time only...and I suspect that unless Mr. Kyle affects his show via ratings or interest etc, Mr. Kyle has received as much help as he is going to get. JMO.

photos.html

Has anyone taken a look at Jeff Dale Nichols from Utah, I scanned the ruled out, but didn't see him in there

I took some of the pictures off the site, and played with them, cropping as close to the face as possible, hum, in paticular the one with the baseball cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid