50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY for the link. I will post if I hear any more. it's crazy, usually HLN has the same news every ten minutes, but haven't seen it again.

I was watching HLN with the sound down and Bens' photo came up on the screen. Did anyone catch what they said about him?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I watch HLN also in the mornings and I did not see it. Of course, I was not looking at it all the time.
I also have BK on google alert. Nothng so far this a.m.

Let me know if you get it again.

I know I saw it.

While we are here, who is this?

Attachments

• mpB4.jpg
    mpB4.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 21
Forgive me if I'm wrong, or if this has been mentioned before, but aren't there serial numbers on implants that give info on the surgery? Maybe the type he has doesnt, I don't know and yeah it would involve surgery to have it looked at if it did. I would do it though if it were me. (barring finacial problems)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, or if this has been mentioned before, but aren't there serial numbers on implants that give info on the surgery? Maybe the type he has doesnt, I don't know and yeah it would involve surgery to have it looked at if it did. I would do it though if it were me. (barring finacial problems)
===================================================

Traybone74:
Welcome to WS.

Serial numbers on implants have been discussed previously.
The consensus:
The surgery was most likely done more than 30 years ago and
most likely did not have serial numbers.
But, Benjaman Kyle also did not wish to have surgery to check on a possible serial number.
Benjaman K also is not able to work, as he has no social security number.

There was some talk not long ago, that Benjaman K might consider a surgery.
But with all the professional help he is now getting, expert geneaologist, private detective, etc., I doubt he would have surgery.

Thank you for the welcome! Although I have been a member since 2006, I am too easily absorbed in this stuff and could stay up for days so I try not to let myself get too involved. I don't post alot either, more of a reader than a poster, plus I tend to find the threads when they are on page 231684615519846 of posts.:crazy:

Have any professional linguists been involved? This story really disturbs me because you would think someone somewhere would have recognized him by now? I mean he obviously didnt live on a deserted island for the last... oh I dont know... all his life???

I'm also pretty pissed about Dr. Phil. I can't say I really like him, but I hada decent opinion of him after he featured Sam and Lindsay Porter on his show.

Thank you for the welcome! Although I have been a member since 2006, I am too easily absorbed in this stuff and could stay up for days so I try not to let myself get too involved. I don't post alot either, more of a reader than a poster, plus I tend to find the threads when they are on page 231684615519846 of posts.:crazy:

Have any professional linguists been involved? This story really disturbs me because you would think someone somewhere would have recognized him by now? I mean he obviously didnt live on a deserted island for the last... oh I dont know... all his life???

I'm also pretty pissed about Dr. Phil. I can't say I really like him, but I hada decent opinion of him after he featured Sam and Lindsay Porter on his show.
=================================================

So, not a newcomer to WS. I 'assumed' from your low number of posts that you were new. And you know what they say about assume.
lol.
I lurked and read for a month of so before I joined WS. I still read a lot and do not post.
I too get absorbed into cases. I have to make myself take breaks and walk away.
Dr Phil: Not my favorite guy. I was glad he did the show on BK.
They did have the linguist on Dr Phil.
There have been others who posted here or on topix that BK had the sound of Indiana or another state near there. One person said OK.
I know BK has a team of experts helping him now, but I am unsure if a linguist is among them.
Believe09 has contact with BK. She might know.

As for your frustration on why no one seems to know Benjaman Kyle and where the heck is his family and where are his co workers?
That is the main part of the puzzle, isn't it?

Has anyone had any luck on tracking down BK's heritage or family through genealogy & dna?

What's the status there? I found a picture of a Powell who looks like he might be from the same lines as BK. Don't know if it's ok to post the person's picture here. I don't want to get in trouble with the PTB.

justthinkin:
As for the geneaology part, carolwood, a poster here on the bk thread, did a lot of checking on the Powell line.
I know she still works on that part of it.
I will send her an email and have her check in.
You can always send her a pm as well.

Welcome justthinkin!

Yes, I am working on the genealogy. Would you like to help? Such a large family and tracking the whereabouts through census records, it has been a challenge, but eyes are welcomed. You won't be able to get PM's or send PM's until you reach a certain number of posts, I think is how it goes. But you can email me at jogle1@bellsouth.net with the photo link, I have quite a few of these myself and would love to see the one you have.

Dreamweaver, thanks.

Carolwood, I'll send you a pm. Well nix the PM. I don't see a way to enter a photo. I'll email you instead.

I can't get this out of my head. Been lurking around on here for a while. Been taken with this since I saw BK on Dr. Phil.
I just donno.....the age on this guy is wrong...I just sort of stumbled on this...
like I said I donno. I've searched all the threads and this name never came up.
Anyway
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M6/5/200211:47:21AM'

moles can fade with age.....anyway....
like I said the age..he'd only be 43
looks so much like BK though.....

that's it...

I can't get this out of my head. Been lurking around on here for a while. Been taken with this since I saw BK on Dr. Phil.
I just donno.....the age on this guy is wrong...I just sort of stumbled on this...
like I said I donno. I've searched all the threads and this name never came up.
Anyway
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M6/5/200211:47:21AM'

moles can fade with age.....anyway....
like I said the age..he'd only be 43
looks so much like BK though.....

that's it...

Welcome Pa-the link did not work for me. Got a name??

Name: Richard W. Powell
AKA: Richard F. Powell
Case Number: M8807007
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Fort Worth (Tarrant County)
Last Seen on: 3/22/1984
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 150 lbs.
Age Missing: 18
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 2/1/1966
Race: White
Sex: Male
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Richard has a mole on his right cheek and the pinkie fingers on both hands are permanently curved inward. He wears an orthodontic retainer on his lower teeth. Richard's vehicle was found abandoned in an Irving parking lot April 23, 1984.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M6/5/200211:47:21AM'
NOT SURE WHY THE LINK ISN'T WORKING?
M8807007.jpg
DONNO IF THIS PHOTO WILL LOAD

The ' after the link needs to be there but for some reason isn't reading as part of the link

I started a thread on Richard Powell in the sleuthed possible mathes subforum:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3877422#post3877422"]Richard W. Powell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Would someone do a side by side pretty please and we can dig into this one a little more to see if there is a resemblance???

I started a thread on Richard Powell in the sleuthed possible mathes subforum:
Richard W. Powell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Would someone do a side by side pretty please and we can dig into this one a little more to see if there is a resemblance???
==================================================

I could swear we have gone over Richard W Powell before.
But then I could be wrong.
Pinkie fingers turned inward is what I remember and the Powell name.
??
I just think he is too young to be BK.

Dreamweaver, thanks.

Carolwood, I'll send you a pm. Well nix the PM. I don't see a way to enter a photo. I'll email you instead.
---------------------------------------------------------

justthinkin:
Hi,
I saw the picture you have of a Powell. Sure has a look of Benjaman Kyle.

Dreamweaver, I have written to him, and am awaiting a reply. I'm really hoping he responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member