OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

Wendysprn27

Reaction score
Six women – most with connections to the greater Portland area and all under the age of 40 – have been found dead within 100 miles of each other the past three months – most in wooded or secluded rural areas.

Oregonian has come out with an article about this.

Found February 19 - May 8. I don't see any real connection between the cases though, no reason to believe they're related. Portland has been becoming more urban for some time now.

Looks like the unidentified one listed was actually found in a tent and it was not considered suspicious per this Koin news video.

They only have manner and cause of death for one of the five other women and it was blunt force trauma.

I’m freaked. I don’t remember a serial killer in Portland at all since I’ve been alive. Ones before I was born, sure. I wish they’d let us know if there is a risk to the public/ if the cases are linked. I guess time will tell. But I’m avoiding my nature walk tonight.

Looks like the unidentified one listed was actually found in a tent and it was not considered suspicious per this Koin news video.

They only have manner and cause of death for one of the five other women and it was blunt force trauma.

I’m freaked. I don’t remember a serial killer in Portland at all since I’ve been alive. Ones before I was born, sure. I wish they’d let us know if there is a risk to the public/ if the cases are linked. I guess time will tell. But I’m avoiding my nature walk tonight.

I had to listen to that for myself, and you are correct that he states that the UID woman "was found in a tent". She was found near SE Flavel & I205 which is a neighborhood known as Lents per the above link to KPTV.

So was she found in a tent in Lents? or did the reporter hear & report that wrong?

Screenshot_20230602-200058_Firefox.jpg

<modsnip: Referenced post was removed> ... they found one woman in Washington in a barn and considered that a homicide because her body was moved. Could that have happened to the unidentified woman in the tent?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to listen to that for myself, and you are correct that he states that the UID woman "was found in a tent". She was found near SE Flavel & I205 which is a neighborhood known as Lents per the above link to KPTV.

So was she found in a tent in Lents? or did the reporter hear & report that wrong?

View attachment 426245
Yes, that area is considered Lents. There are a lot of camps in that area, especially off i205. Still sad that she passed and that she doesn’t have her identity, but I am not thinking she is linked to these. Of course, we still don’t know if any of these are linked so far. Only one had been deemed a homicide from what I’m aware of.

I’m a little surprised that we haven’t had more media on this. This is highly unusual for Portland. We all grew up hiking by ourselves. We all felt safe. But Portland is no longer a small city.

MOO

<modsnip: Referenced post was removed> ... they found one woman in Washington in a barn and considered that a homicide because her body was moved. Could that have happened to the unidentified woman in the tent?
I mean I guess it’s possible, but I think if they found her in a tent at Flavel and i205, then she probably was living a rough life and the reason it made the news was because she couldn’t be identified. Incredibly sad regardless. In my opinion, she will not be linked because her death was not deemed suspicious like the others.

Now, three local police departments are working together to determine whether the deaths may be connected.
1685812696252.jpeg
‘Our detectives are actively working every lead, including tips we have received,' Deputy John Plock of the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office told DailyMail.com.

I think they are related for four reasons—1.the timeframe and
2. the women were all in their 20’s or 30’s. 3. Similar COD on at least 3 of the victims
4. LE working across multiple police departments which makes me think LE believes the MO is similar in most of the cases. JMO

Below is a timeline of the chilling discoveries and brief details about each victim:

1. Kristin Smith (22, Gresham) – Reported missing on December 22, her remains were found on February 19 in a wooded area in Southeast Portland’s Pleasant Valley neighborhood. Cause of death is yet to be determined.
  2. JoAnna Speaks (32, Oregon) – On April 8, her body was found inside an abandoned barn in Ridgefield, Washington, located about 22 miles north of Portland. She died due to blunt head and neck injuries, and investigators believe her body was moved to the location after death.
  3. Charity Lynn Perry (24) – Her body was found in a culvert near Ainsworth State Park in east Multnomah County on April 24. She was frequently seen in downtown Portland at the beginning of March. Details about her death have been withheld due to an ongoing investigation.
  4. Unidentified woman – Another woman was found dead on April 24 near Southeast Portland’s Lents neighborhood, less than three miles from where Smith’s body was found. The woman is yet to be identified, but is believed to be of Native American or Native Alaskan descent, aged between 25 and 40.
  5. Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster (31, Milwaukie) – Webster’s body was discovered on Harmony Road near Mill Creek in northwest Polk County on April 30. Her death is being treated as suspicious.
  6. Ashley Real (22, Portland) – She disappeared on March 27 and was last seen leaving a fast-food restaurant in Southeast Portland. Her remains were found on May 7 in a heavily wooded area in the Eagle Creek region.

Case Threads​

They're using a 100 mile radius from Portland proper, it seems anyway. To me, given the crime trends in the upper west, this isn't so shocking. It's sad, but not shocking. MOO

Adding that I don't think it necessarily indicates an SK. MOO

A couple similarities I’ve noticed:

1) KS and AR were last seen right off i205, near two transit stations. The UID was found deceased off i205. I still don’t believe she is connected but will include her until LE rules her out publicly. I205 easily connects to the areas where most were found, even Ridgefield as it turns into i5 right before.

2) JS, AR and BW both had connections to Milwaukie and had all lived there at one point. (Also pretty much right off i205)

3) CP had ties to Longview Wa and downtown Portland. So I’m unsure how she ties in, other than she was found in a wooded area off a freeway and she fits the age range. I do believe she is connected.

I also want to add that I can’t find any details that KS’s death has been deemed suspicious. If Portland police is handling it, could it be that it’s back logged due to how busy homicide is with shootings? Maybe they aren’t ready to publicly say anything? I do believe it was suspicious. A 22 year old doesn’t just die out there.

Also, I haven’t heard that any of these women had cars, so I believe they were on public transit. Maybe the killer is finding girls at transit centers? The MAX does seem to tie things together a bit.

All of this MOO.

Leaving out the unidentified woman who was found deceased (in a tent, apparently) near I-205, I noticed the other five have a similar elfin face. If indeed a serial killer is active in the PDX metro area and is responsible for these deaths, then I'd surmise he's got a type.

No reason to believe these 6 cases are connected, says PPB

No reason to believe these 6 cases are connected, says PPB​

PPB is asking the community to "be aware of the facts about these cases before sharing speculation".

Updated: 9:43 PM PDT June 4, 2023

EAGLE CREEK, Ore. — The Portland Police Bureau is asking the community to "be aware of the facts about these cases before sharing speculation".

On Sunday in a press release, PPB is reassuring the public that they have "no reason to believe these 6 cases are connected".

In the same statement the agency addresses the social speculation, anxiety and fear some of these cases may cause.

"The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) has been hearing widespread questions and concerns about the death investigations of 6 women throughout the region, especially after widely distributed social media posts and news media articles appeared to suggest a connection between them. These discussions have led to some anxiety and fear in our community, and we want to provide reassurance that the speculation is not supported by the facts available at this point," said police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back