9 year old flies from MN to Las Vegas with NO ticket

He's nine....I'm not going to call him trouble, or violent. He might not have thought about what would happen once he got to Vegas. Ending up in a foster home with them not being sure if he was going to get approval to go home? Maybe he was terrified and freaked out! He's only nine years old!

He has gotten into a lot of trouble, yes....but why? Maybe he is "challenging" because he is being neglected.

I wonder if mom has ever brought him to work at the airport and told him to just hang out because she couldn't find a sitter.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Softail....video says surveillance tapes may be released today.

I really hope security at airports now ramps up screenings on children. If terrorists are looking for weak spots, and I'm sure they are.... Children are tools too easy to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I really hope security at airports now ramps up screenings on children. If terrorists are looking for weak spots, and I'm sure they are.... Children are tools too easy to pass up.

Hubby is flying for business today. He called to say that they went over his stuff way more carefully than usual. He hadn't heard about this case and I told maybe the extra screening and extra attention to passengers was due to such a huge breach just happening?

How exactly are terrorists going to recruit children? Has this ever happened before?

Just watched abc live coverage interview with the father and a family spokesman. Interesting the sweatshirts they were both wearing about "Dads" - pretty ovbious they wanted those watching to think well of the father. I think the interview sounded like the father wanted someone else to do his parenting.

The father was all covered up, not wanting to be recognized, and was sobbing. He said if he paddled his son, he would get into trouble, and now he's in trouble because he didn't discipline him. He pleaded for help. Help, how?

The father mentioned, ..."the LAST TIME he was suspended from school..." Obviously, the boy has been suspended before. What grade is a 9 yr old in? Third?

The last suspension was for a fight - violence. The father said the boy was not violent. How about in Vegas? I believe the boy was described as violent enough to be hospitalized.

My sympathy just wasn't there. The latest school suspension was in September. The stolen vehicle just two weeks ago should have been a big flag. Then, the boy disappears - no report of a missing child. The mother took Thurs off work to look for the boy, still no missing report until LE contacted THEM.

The father said he wanted him back home. Really? Put him back into the same non-parenting situation?

The most recent plan is for the boy to return to Mpls on Friday.

Dad of 9-year-old Minneapolis plane stowaway slams airport security
The father of a 9-year-old Minneapolis stowaway slammed the airport's security staff for not stopping the boy before he boarded a flight to Las Vegas on Thursday.

"Whatever security they get at that airport, they need to go through training again," the boy's father told the local WCCO-TV.

The man did not give his name or reveal his face in the interview. The boy has not been identified.

"My son is not a terrorist. He's a 9-year-old, misunderstood, but very intelligent young man," the dad said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...port-security-article-1.1480351#ixzz2hFGSht9k

In my opinion, the guy who didn't even have a clue his 9 year old took off to Las Vegas, maybe should just stay quiet on the subject of people not doing their job.

I just saw the fathers interview on CNN. What kind of help is he asking for? How to be a parent or someone else to parent his child for him? All he could think of to discipline his child was spanking? He seems to be blaming the aiport,airlines and TSA but taking no responsibility as a parent.

How exactly are terrorists going to recruit children? Has this ever happened before?
The boy got away with leaving a stolen suitcase in a restaurant in the airport- that's a terrorists' dream, so is getting onto a flight by avoiding security and getting onto a flight. Also kids under 13 aren't required to remove their shoes either...

Children have been used in many conflicts throughout history,like vietnam,rwanda.

This kid is young enough and smart enough to teach how his particular skill set could be used in positive legal ways that would benefit him greatly.

The last things this kids needs is to be sent back to those parents, juvenile corrections or a run of the mill foster home. This one needs "out of the box" type intervention.

Does anybody else get the feeling the father is preparing to file a lawsuit?

i hope not, but then again this is America. These parents should be hiding in shame and a home evaluation should be performed. The boy is just spending the night over friends houses during a school week? Sounds like the parents are pleased with that.

This boy is like a creepy Pedo's dream.

Does anybody else get the feeling the father is preparing to file a lawsuit?

I don't.
People who plan to file lawsuits get a lawyer.
This guy doesn't want his face shown or his name out there.

I'm wondering what the father has to hide. Is he not exactly a model citizen? Why isn't the mother part of the interview?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back