911 Call- THE TRUTH

Despite the fact that Burke Ramsey is heard on the enhanced 911 call, neither Steve Thomas nor Mike Kane believe Burke had anything to do with this crime.

Originally posted by candy
Despite the fact that Burke Ramsey is heard on the enhanced 911 call, neither Steve Thomas nor Mike Kane believe Burke had anything to do with this crime.

Then why lie? And if they lied about one thing, who is to say they didn't lie about many things? Credibility, credibility, credibility.

Whether Burke did it or not, it's apparent that he knows quite a bit about that night.

True, Candy. Burke's voice is proof only that the Ramseys lied.

But for those who don't believe that Burke's (and John's) voices are on the tape... for those who believe the voices on the tape are a myth or a BPD lie... the fact that the court ordered that Burke be given a copy of the tape is proof that his voice IS on the tape.

I had to listen to the recording several times but I finally heard it.
But in the great scheme of things, is this going to make any difference? I don't think Keenan would prosecute the Ramsey's if they confessed.
But great work on Tricia's part. It was nice to finally be able to listen to it.

Geez, guys! The major find in the case and it's being promoted as an unsubstantiated rumor or proof of lying by the Ramseys.

This is major because it's proof that someone tampered with vital evidence in this case to obstruct the justice of an objective investigation and successful prosecution of a juvenile homicide! It will also provide more than enough proof that the case should be placed in the hands of investigative authorities outside CO. How much greater could this find be? Go read all relevant threads on this issue at FFJ. A huge criminal prosecution will be held on this matter alone!

Candy, it's my understanding that the labs who are performing the testing on this tape are prepared to certify their findings, along with documented proof of chain of custody of the tape, and turn it over to some LE agency for criminal investigation and prosecution, incidentally, just as Aerospace Corp did. You'll just have to be patient with the rest of us awaiting the documentation that will satisfy you that this is not rumor.

And again, I have to demand that if LW is going to claim this tape's verity, put up the certification or his sworn statement to that effect. Talk about a lack of proof.....All of the experts and BPD have provided profound proof of allegations contradicting LW's, Keenan's and the Rs' position on this tape. When have LW, Keenan et al or the Rs disclosed THEIR proof?????

Originally posted by DejaNu
This is major because it's proof that someone tampered with vital evidence in this case to obstruct the justice of an objective investigation and successful prosecution of a juvenile homicide!
Yes, absolutely.

BUT did they tamper with the actual evidence -- that is, the original enhanced tape sitting in an evidence room somewhere awaiting its debut at a trial...

OR did they tamper only with the copy that was given to Lin Wood to use as a prop in his spin tour?

The latter wouldn't be obstruction in a legal sense, would it? Maybe that's the deal Keenan and Wood worked out -- she gave him a BS tape for his PR tour. That would figure.

Britt, either way its tampering, obstruction AND conspiracy. That's why I'm demanding certification. If LW's claims that BPD tampered with the original tape had been taken seriously by Keenan, she should have immediately commenced an investigation into LW's allegations. She didn't. Why? Did she think he was bs'ing? She handed him a doctored tape, on a private deal instead to promot a bs tour of it? What kind of lawyering and preservation of a homicide investigation is THAT? In the legal dictionary, that's called conspiracy, and it would only have been done to waylay the investigation. Where is the original 911 tape? Is it with Keenan et al or still preserved by BPD? And how would it compare to the authenticated, certified copy tested by Aerospace?

No matter how you cut this issue, someone's "good for it" and certifications or sworn statements in lieu are the only way out for the suspected. Notice how only the side claiming the Rs and Burke's voices were at the end of the tape are the only parties to certify their findings????

:bigthumb:

Go for it DejaNu! I'd like to know the custody chain of the 911 evidence. Someone deliberately tried to destroy/alter evidence...and if it is the FBI's task to interven when the evidence in a murder case is messed with wellll.....what are they waiting for? An invite from Keenan?

Originally posted by DejaNu
She handed him a doctored tape, on a private deal instead to promot a bs tour of it? What kind of lawyering and preservation of a homicide investigation is THAT?
Justice Boulder style, that's what. Sounds right up Hunter's er I mean Keenan's alley, dontcha think? Yeah, conspiracy. Like that would be the first time in this case. Not (IMO).

Whatever went down, I hope it leads to a fed investigation.

I doubt this discovery will lead anywhere. Noone seems to care about what happened to JonBenet except us.
There is so much deceit and corruption involving this case it is no wonder why this case will not be prosecuted. Too many people would be in a lot of trouble.
My husband tells me all the time to give it up. It is over. He is not cold hearted, just realistic.

Well, despite Candy's ridiculous refusal to provide an addy, I've sent the email to LW, thanks to Ned. I will post whatever response, if any, I get IN FULL so there's no doubt where MISTER Wood stands on all this. In the meantime, rest assured there are those of us still damned determined to see some kind of justice done in this case, and many are working on projects behind the scenes. If nothing more, we can make such a huge stink about this they won't be able to ignore it, and I for one will stink up a storm!

Will Wood DARE answer you DejaNu? ;) Or maybe he doesn't want to open up that can of turning worms.

I'd LOVE to see Wood's response. Not only did he slander the BPD, he pretty much accused Aerospace of TAMPERING WITH THE EVIDENCE....which is a terrible thing to say on National TV.

WOOD: I’ll be glad to. Wendy, the problem you have is that you read the transcript published by Steve Thomas, the former detective in his book and that transcript is absolutely inaccurate. The operator only says Patsy four times and it’s followed by about five or six seconds of noise, probably keyboard typing that somehow this aerospace corporation allegedly came up with the conversation between Ramsey family members...

Wood says "Aerospace corporation ALLEGEDLY came up with the conversation between Ramsey family members"

And the noise isn't keyboard typing or the noise would be heard throughtout the tape!!! Aren't the 911 operators trained to start typing info as they get it???

Who is Mame? I keep reading her name in places but is she a player in the case or just who?

They claim that there is a finding that the tape was attempted to be erased by magnets.
This is really stupid. ALL recording tape is erased by magnets. All tape recorders (video or audio) contain magnets that erase the tape before new sound or video is recorded on it.
There are 2 methods of magnet erasing--just use any old recorder since they all erase as part of the process--or bulk-tape erasing which uses a hand-held electro magnet to bulk-erase the whole tape all at once.

So the person who's making this claim doesn't know what they are talking about. If you erase part of the tape with a magnet, there would be a blank spot with no sound at all-- like that famous Nixon-Watergate tape with the 23 minute gap (or whatever the amount of time was-I forget)

Mame is a registered member of WS, although she does not seem to have posted since the transition to the new server. She is also a journalist who worked on the Mystery Woman angle. Any further explanation of Mame's role in the JBR case must be written without attacking her personally.

Thanks, Maxi.

In order to maintain my Websleuths membership...I am posting to say it's a gorgeous day in the Rocky Mountains.

Hello Mame, thanks for the weather update....

Show Me, my guess is that LW would not respond to my email because that alone would become evidence that could be used against someone. He's not stupid, and I respect his legal abilities. But I had to ask anyway....

Ummm, Nehemiah, yes magnets erase tapes. It's a common method. The only important thing to keep in mind is that this 911 tape was preserved evidence in a homicide case and therefore should not be erased, modified, appended or molested in any fashion by anyone. The fact that is has been, now being certified by several independent laboratories after extensive testing, cannot be disputed. Unless of course someone wants to further allege that since the case was shelved, the 911 tape was erased for repeat use in an effort to reduce government expenditure at the high cost of audio tapes.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back