A Candlelight Vigil for Janet ~ join us

ewwwinteresting said:
With that "attitude" no case would ever go to trial. Where is the trust in the system? The trust that not all jurors are idiots? SP's defense threw a bunch of crap out there BUT NOTHING stuck.
IMO, OJ and MJ got off because they were celebrities and the jurors were in awe of them. The majority of the "joes" get convicted.
In this case, I think it's simple: No squeeking....no grease!
You are right, with that attitude many cases would not go to trial, but it's the way the court system does work, read up on trials written by prosecutors, read Nancy Grace's book, read other books written by prosecutors and you will see this is the way it works. I've been through enough trials, working for defense attorneys to watch it happen first person.

I'm thinking this is the attitude LE and the DA is going with at this point they are connecting the dots, to make sure there is an airtight case so it can't be overturned on appeal.

Hi Trix ~

I don't know if you've read about the murder of Johnia Berry or not, but her family has a billboard (I believe there may be two) announcing information about the reward. There is a beautiful picture of Johnia and the phone number for tips. I saw the billboard last summer driving home from Florida. I'm telling you it made a huge impact on me. The billboard is different now, but last June the sign said something like, "Our daughter was brutally murdered" (there was more on it but that was at the top, in big letters). That sign keeps her face in the public view - you can't miss it. Also, I believe Lamar has donated the use of the billboards. (I actually found this website looking for information on Johnia Berry).

You're right about not calling Raven on a daily basis. If I had been a friend of Janet's I most certainly would confront him. He would know that I thought that he did it. It really seems like he is going to get away with it, although I don't think he is smarter than the detectives - surely, he left something behind that will seal his fate.

kimiden said:
Hi Trix ~

I don't know if you've read about the murder of Johnia Berry or not, but her family has a billboard (I believe there may be two) announcing information about the reward. There is a beautiful picture of Johnia and the phone number for tips. I saw the billboard last summer driving home from Florida. I'm telling you it made a huge impact on me. The billboard is different now, but last June the sign said something like, "Our daughter was brutally murdered" (there was more on it but that was at the top, in big letters). That sign keeps her face in the public view - you can't miss it. Also, I believe Lamar has donated the use of the billboards. (I actually found this website looking for information on Johnia Berry).

You're right about not calling Raven on a daily basis. If I had been a friend of Janet's I most certainly would confront him. He would know that I thought that he did it. It really seems like he is going to get away with it, although I don't think he is smarter than the detectives - surely, he left something behind that will seal his fate.

Hi Kimiden,

Very interesting case. She was living with a roommate, no sign of breakin, the roommate who was dating Johnia's friend heard her scream (now he's talking about being single on his myspace account) he ran out he was stabbed twice and supposedly he ran to a store to call police, he was questioned at the store, brought to the hospital and released, and there is a sketch of the guy who did it. Johnia was engaged to be married to a guy who was in law school.

Also, the knife used was from the kitchen, in Janet's case no weapon has been found, and there was only a 6-month-old child at the home at the time, but both have no suspect or poi named.

The composite sketch of the guy that rooommate gave was really detailed, I wonder why nobody has come forward. Seems the roommate has a myspace account and people think something is off on him, but he passed a lie detector test.

Kemp Lamar Advertising is the one you were talking about. I will gather as much information as I can and email it to tearsforjanet.com and maybe they will contact them. Great Idea!!! Thanks.

Thanks again for the information about Johnia Berry, how sad, and I hope they find the person in this case.

Since no one asked for my opinion, I'm going to give it anyway.....:crazy:

I think the reason why Janet's family and friends aren't shouting from the rooftops or posting billboards about the reward is that they know who did this.

Would it be called slander if they created a billboard with Raven's picture on it calling him a murderer? I think I'd help fund that.

Jenifred said:
Since no one asked for my opinion, I'm going to give it anyway.....:crazy:

I think the reason why Janet's family and friends aren't shouting from the rooftops or posting billboards about the reward is that they know who did this.

Would it be called slander if they created a billboard with Raven's picture on it calling him a murderer? I think I'd help fund that.
Bwaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa - what if they put the words IMO -- would that work?

I've been handing out flyers about the vigil for Janet and it has surprised me at how many people have no idea about the case. Living in the area, it makes me sad to think this situation hasn't generated the publicity that it deserves. Janet deserves the same amount of time and attention (if not more) than most of the crimes committed here. Durham is a very controversial town--obviously, so I wonder, has it not generated the publicity because it isn't "controversial enough"?

terminatrixator said:
Bwaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa - what if they put the words IMO -- would that work?
I think we need to stick the Humble in there--IMHO.

I would donate money for a billboard to be posted in Utah to inform the public of the facts: that Raven's wife and unborn child were murdered, that he has not assisted in the investigation, hasn't taken a lie detector test, moved out of the state and has not contacted LE to follow-up on the investigation - more can be added - those billboards are pretty big - big enough to include his picture. I think it would also be informative to add the embezzlement conviction and the affairs. I don't think that would be slander, I see that as a service to the public. I think we all have a right to know who are neighbors are.

kimiden said:
I would donate money for a billboard to be posted in Utah to inform the public of the facts: that Raven's wife and unborn child were murdered, that he has not assisted in the investigation, hasn't taken a lie detector test, moved out of the state and has not contacted LE to follow-up on the investigation - more can be added - those billboards are pretty big - big enough to include his picture. I think it would also be informative to add the embezzlement conviction and the affairs. I don't think that would be slander, I see that as a service to the public. I think we all have a right to know who are neighbors are.
LOL.

Yeah that would be great. I can see him taking out a personal board himself.

26 year old Widower, looking for new wife as previous wife and unborn child were brutally murdered in North Carolina. Must be a hard worker with morals and a good job to help him pay for his biking trips and toys.

terminatrixator said:
LOL.

Yeah that would be great. I can see him taking out a personal board himself.

26 year old Widower, looking for new wife as previous wife and unborn child were brutally murdered in North Carolina. Must be a hard worker with morals and a good job to help him pay for his biking trips and toys.

You forgot....

Please email me at RavenAbaroa@write.a.prisioner.com

Does anyone have a clue as to who the "Guest speakers" will be yet? I am surprised that it hasn't been announced.

caffeinatd said:
Does anyone have a clue as to who the "Guest speakers" will be yet? I am surprised that it hasn't been announced.
No Clue, I keep checking news storys through wral or news&observer and haven't seen anything yet?

I hope one of the speakers is raven! If he doesn't go, doesn't talk...he might as well tatoo "I killed Janet" on his forehead. IMO, for the husband of the victim not to attend the vigil or talk would say volumes!

I have to admit in the Holloway case hearing Joran talk openly to Greta caused me to question his guilt. He talked AGAINST the advice of his family and attorney...it appears he had nothing to lose because he was innocent and wanted to prove his innocence. If raven was truly innocent, I believe he would talk. Since he refuses to, I think that is saying something.

LOL Eww, if you only knew how badly I wanted to go, but I did receive pm's from people here and at other forums that were going, and I asked them to hold an extra candles for me.

terminatrixator said:
LOL Eww, if you only knew how badly I wanted to go, but I did receive pm's from people here and at other forums that were going, and I asked them to hold an extra candles for me.
I figured you being there doing the tatooing :)

ewwwinteresting said:
I figured you being there doing the tatooing :)
ROFLMAO - Yeah, me too, I have tried, but I'm going out that way the following week, and I just can't swing it. I know a lot of people that are going from WS, JS, LTU and a few websites I hit, so I'll be there in spirit. I do have a t-shirt made up with Terminatrixator on there for the trial (when that happens) I should start mailing it off to you all for signatures.

I hope Caffeinatd and others that are going come back and share with us though. I wish I could go, but I have tried to find ways to swing it, I have to be in LA on Sunday afternoon, I'm kicking myself that I didn't plan this out better.

I am going and bringing friends. I will report back as soon as I get home. I so want this case to be resolved, and keep praying this week it will happen.

caffeinatd said:
I am going and bringing friends. I will report back as soon as I get home. I so want this case to be resolved, and keep praying this week it will happen.
That is great caff for those of us that can't attend. :blowkiss:

caffeinatd said:
..i am also thrilled to hear "that a local from ws" will be there, and report back to those of us that can't make it in person.......thank you so very much caf.....

..i honestly believe that the vigil will bring some new calls in to the (anonymous ) tip line.......

..if anyone has the tiniest bit of information , go ahead and share it with LE, you just never know who has THE missing piece to the puzzle..........

..a year tomorrow-------------it still is so unbelievable...........i can't begin to imagine how janet's family & friends feel........and baby kaiden-----a year older!

..now that a year has passed, i'm hoping that friends/family at the vigil will re-evaluate and see things possibly in a different light and pass their insights along to LE, it doesn't have to be SHOCKING, BREAKING news for the case to turn...............LE needs all the information they can get........especially now, before this heads into "cold-case" file territory.....

..janet deserves justice, she more than deserves it------------a victim of murder ---i know we all want her to be able to Rest In Peace...

lauriej said:
..a year tomorrow-------------it still is so unbelievable...........
And a year ago today that Raven posted that insightful blog entry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back