A & E - Anthony Parents Speak 5.28.18

Cindy is deeply attached to her denial. It is sad really. She just can not ever accept that her daughter, the child she raised, is a murderer. George knows she is and questions how they could have raised such a person.

Cindy has a pathology that pre-existed the murder. She still wants a relationship with Casey, despite Casey saying that George was the last person with Caylee. It is really a sickness. But, it isn't about Casey, it is about Cindy. It is an affront to how well she thinks of herself that her daughter is a murderer, so it is not allowed. She believes it reflects poorly on her. It is an ego thing, she isn't a stupid woman. Her ego will not allow her to be the mother of a murderer.

Cindy thinks someone else came into the house and made the 'fool proof suffocation" searches. She believes that whatever happened was an accident and it could have been that Caylee drowned in the pool. Really, she needs help. She is a mess, understandably so, but she needs help.

And, she is as mean to George as it gets.

I totally understand why they took the memorial down. It is not something to be remembered, it is the dumping sight of the child they loved with all their heart.

Casey's bit "I still don't know what happened".

She got this from her mother. They are so much alike.
Exactly! I see a lot of borderline personality disorder in Cindy and Casey. Also a malignant codependency between the two. George is the shtoop in the corner.

There was another part where Cindy came unglued. George was talking about how in the last 6 months, Casey would be gone for 2-3 nights with Caylee. Cindy was pounding her fists in the air denying that Caylee ever spent a night away from the house, telling George "you're wrong, you're wrong!". George said something like "I am only telling what I witnessed" and by then Cindy had exited the interview.

She is a very manipulative person and likely bi-polar. George is a victim of her crazy behavior. This man has been walking on egg shells his entire life. I feel sorry for him, he was blamed for everything and horrible accusations were falsely claimed against him and still, he held his head up for his grand daughter, whom he believes was murdered by his own daughter.

Cindy's attitude is to stand by Casey.
The males are meaningless in this family of mentally ill women.

When ever I think of those two, I think of the sign of Pisces, the two fish attached by mouth to tail. I read it symbolizes the "not being able to let go". One fish is alive and the other dead, but for all eternity they are attached, one biting the other's tail and spinning in circles. They feed off each other in life and death. G and C can't let go of each other, the relationship is toxic but they are attached and need each other, like the fish. This was truly a life sentence for them. I do feel for G.

When ever I think of those two, I think of the sign of Pisces, the two fish attached by mouth to tail. I read it symbolizes the "not being able to let go". One fish is alive and the other dead, but for all eternity they are attached, one biting the other's tail and spinning in circles. They feed off each other in life and death. G and C can't let go of each other, the relationship is toxic but they are attached and need each other, like the fish. This was truly a life sentence for them. I do feel for G.

BBM. Gah! Don't say that. Haha. Although, I complete get what you are trying to convey here.

I finally got to see the show- to see that Cindy is still Cindy- still in denial about Casey and still not able to tell or see the real truths about her daughter. George - I feel so badly for him on so many levels. I initially wondered how in the world the two of them have stayed together through everything- but I think it's probably because of everything that's happened and no one can really understand it better than the two of them. What a twisted circle...

I finally watched it... it's heartbreaking. Especially for George. The depth of his grief is palpable. And Cindy, well.... this is what I believe. That she is determined to believe what she wants to believe. She's taking what JB said as her out..... that this baby drowned. This is her last resort. This is what she does to protect herself. I don't think she can believe anything else, because she's lost her grandbaby , and now, she's trying to keep her daughter.

It's very obvious that George and Cynthia doted on their daughter for all those years. She was their "golden child". And then when baby Caylee came along, they doted on her.

Casey lost that.
Therefore, She came to see Caylee as her competition because she then had lost that position, she no longer was the apple of her parent's eye. Now, Caylee was. She was too self centered to get beyond that. Well why not? She was spoiled beyond comprehension. She had no way of fathoming how her parents no longer saw her as the center of their universe.

But now, she had became a mother, and was expected to be a mother, but what she didn't realize was that being a mother changed things.
She at some point realized she was no longer the apple of their eye. Caylee was. JMO

Did you notice in the video when Casey was in jail and was talking to George and Cynthia, and she was being so sweet and telling George they were the best parents, and , when George called her and said something like "hey beautiful " or something like that ? Don't have the direct quote, but, for the record, does that sound right for a father to say something like that to his twenty something daughter? IDK . I thought it was a little odd... JMO

It's also not hard to see Cynthia as being over domineering, and that being an issue with Casey. And that being somewhat of a catalyst that led to Casey's actions.

Oh no, No excuses here, none at all. Just saying that the dynamics in that family were dysfunctional and I have no doubt contributed to what happened. No, it should not have happened, it should not have come to the point of a baby being murdered.
Regardless of the circumstances, Casey is not innocent. Not at all. She killed her child. Heartbreaking. George knows and has the courage to admit it. Cindy I doubt ever will.
Still, it's a heartbreaking situation, and I truly hope the Anthony's can work through their grief and find some happiness in their life. They don't deserve to be miserable just because of their "bad seed" wayward daughter. They do deserve more. JMO

Last edited:
Poor poor George. He knows Casey did it. He knows from deep down in his gut. I can hardly stand to watch Cindy talk about Casey. She is in so much denial it is sickening. I do feel sorry for her, but more for George. I don’t know how they’ve stayed together so long. George has got to be losing his mind living with this insanity that is his wife. She needs to wake up. She needs the closure. They both do. It’s very sad. :(

Poor poor George. He knows Casey did it. He knows from deep down in his gut. I can hardly stand to watch Cindy talk about Casey. She is in so much denial it is sickening. I do feel sorry for her, but more for George. I don’t know how they’ve stayed together so long. George has got to be losing his mind living with this insanity that is his wife. She needs to wake up. She needs the closure. They both do. It’s very sad. :(

I agree with you. George has known from early on he is not a stupid man. I wonder if Casey is ever around her brother’s child I sure wouldn’t want her around any child I had family or not.

So I watched the interview. It was pretty uncomfortable. Kinda a rehash of things they've said in previous interviews but whatever.

However, there was one thing that stood out to me and it was really the only new thing I heard. When Cindy and George were talking to Jeff Ashton, he asked them about the foolproof suffocation search. Cindy said that she believed that the search was made by someone other than Casey that was in the house with her on that day. Now here's the crazy part, George seemed to agree with her. I remember seeing him nodding his head while she was saying this. I think at some other point George said that Casey must've had help but I don't remember distinctly. When asked by Ashton who this mystery person was, she hinted that she actually had someone in mind but didn't want to name them on camera. The show just moved on from there and it was never brought up again.

To me, this has to be followed up on because there has to be a reason both of them believe this theory. I mean, they disagree about Casey's guilt, but they both believe someone else was in that house that day. Seems important. If true, this completely changes the dynamic of that day. Why haven't they brought this up before? Why not after 2012 when the search was made public? Why didn't A&E ask them follow up questions?

I finally watched it... it's heartbreaking. Especially for George. The depth of his grief is palpable. And Cindy, well.... this is what I believe. That she is determined to believe what she wants to believe. She's taking what JB said as her out..... that this baby drowned. This is her last resort. This is what she does to protect herself. I don't think she can believe anything else, because she's lost her grandbaby , and now, she's trying to keep her daughter.

It's very obvious that George and Cynthia doted on their daughter for all those years. She was their "golden child". And then when baby Caylee came along, they doted on her.

Casey lost that.
Therefore, She came to see Caylee as her competition because she then had lost that position, she no longer was the apple of her parent's eye. Now, Caylee was. She was too self centered to get beyond that. Well why not? She was spoiled beyond comprehension. She had no way of fathoming how her parents no longer saw her as the center of their universe.

But now, she had became a mother, and was expected to be a mother, but what she didn't realize was that being a mother changed things.
She at some point realized she was no longer the apple of their eye. Caylee was. JMO

Did you notice in the video when Casey was in jail and was talking to George and Cynthia, and she was being so sweet and telling George they were the best parents, and , when George called her and said something like "hey beautiful " or something like that ? Don't have the direct quote, but, for the record, does that sound right for a father to say something like that to his twenty something daughter? IDK . I thought it was a little odd... JMO

It's also not hard to see Cynthia as being over domineering, and that being an issue with Casey. And that being somewhat of a catalyst that led to Casey's actions.

Oh no, No excuses here, none at all. Just saying that the dynamics in that family were dysfunctional and I have no doubt contributed to what happened. No, it should not have happened, it should not have come to the point of a baby being murdered.
Regardless of the circumstances, Casey is not innocent. Not at all. She killed her child. Heartbreaking. George knows and has the courage to admit it. Cindy I doubt ever will.
Still, it's a heartbreaking situation, and I truly hope the Anthony's can work through their grief and find some happiness in their life. They don't deserve to be miserable just because of their "bad seed" wayward daughter. They do deserve more. JMO

Cindy will probably be in denial for the rest of her life. Then she'll die after repeatedly begging Casey to come visit her on her deathbed and repeatedly being ignored (unless there's inheritance to be had.)

Just my opinion, but the only person in that family who deserved more was Caylee. Not one of them took her side. She was lying dead in the woods while the rest of them lied, pointed the finger at people who loved Caylee just as much as they did (like Jesse Grund), made excuses for Casey and whined and complained about the media maligning Casey and how hard it was for them. After that first week, they did not want to find Caylee.

Well I guess George tried to stand up for Caylee sometimes, but ended up wimping out and lying to avoid saying things that "his wife didn't want him to say."

In Cindy's case, it seems that Caylee lost all value to her once she realized that she was probably no longer alive. Caylee's criteria for mattering to Cindy was insistent on her still having a pulse. The truth had to match the narrowly defined parameters of her imagined narrative where Casey was 100% innocent and even being brave or selfless to "protect Caylee" or she didn't want it. She'd rather leave Caylee's little bones in the woods rather than bring her home and put her to rest. She even tried to stop Equisearch from expanding their search to look for a dead Caylee.

It reminds me of that police interview where Cindy demanded the police tell her whether they were looking for a live Caylee or a dead Caylee. Yuri Melich's response was that they were looking for Caylee. To this day, Cindy doesn't appear to have grasped that simple concept.

Incidentally, if Casey had sold Caylee to a human trafficking ring and Caylee had still been alive somewhere, Cindy would have been hampering her rescue and putting little Caylee in further danger with all the lying and covering up for Casey that she did.

Last edited:
So I watched the interview. It was pretty uncomfortable. Kinda a rehash of things they've said in previous interviews but whatever.

However, there was one thing that stood out to me and it was really the only new thing I heard. When Cindy and George were talking to Jeff Ashton, he asked them about the foolproof suffocation search. Cindy said that she believed that the search was made by someone other than Casey that was in the house with her on that day. Now here's the crazy part, George seemed to agree with her. I remember seeing him nodding his head while she was saying this. I think at some other point George said that Casey must've had help but I don't remember distinctly. When asked by Ashton who this mystery person was, she hinted that she actually had someone in mind but didn't want to name them on camera. The show just moved on from there and it was never brought up again.

To me, this has to be followed up on because there has to be a reason both of them believe this theory. I mean, they disagree about Casey's guilt, but they both believe someone else was in that house that day. Seems important. If true, this completely changes the dynamic of that day. Why haven't they brought this up before? Why not after 2012 when the search was made public? Why didn't A&E ask them follow up questions?

It was probably Jesse Grund. IIRC, she tried to accuse him of making the neckbreaking, household weapons and chloroform searches in the past. You know, before she remembered that she must have made them herself.

I think her story was that he used to babysit Caylee at their house or some BS like that. I can't remember the details, not that they're important since she probably made them up or hallucinated them or something.

At the time of the "fool-proof suffication" search, Tony would be the most logical person to accuse of being an accomplice but Cindy isn't logical and she's probably lying to deflect blame from anyone in her "perfect family" anyway.

By the way, did anyone challenge them by pointing out that the "fool-proof sufficator" logged into the casey o'marie AIM account around the time that search was made?

Last edited:
Here's how I know Cindy knows in her heart of hearts that Caylee did not drown (as much as she repeatedly claims otherwise)- there is still a swimming pool in that back yard.

And who the HELL would buy a raffle ticket for a murdered child's toy they never got to play with?

What toy? I missed that. To this day I'm still in disbelief that Casey was declared innocent. When Casey was talking to her brother when she was in jail, he was asking her where he should look for Caylee and she replied around the school and area at the end of their street where they used to play. Then this was the area where Caylee was found. I think that he knew Caylee was dead and was wanting to move her body because the searchers were getting too close. IMO I followed this case and the Hayleigh Cummings case here on WS years ago. WS is a great informative site as always.

What toy? I missed that. To this day I'm still in disbelief that Casey was declared innocent. When Casey was talking to her brother when she was in jail, he was asking her where he should look for Caylee and she replied around the school and area at the end of their street where they used to play. Then this was the area where Caylee was found. I think that he knew Caylee was dead and was wanting to move her body because the searchers were getting too close. IMO I followed this case and the Hayleigh Cummings case here on WS years ago. WS is a great informative site as always.

I'm not remembering that she specifically said around the school and area at the end of their street where they used to play. As I recall, with Lee, it was very hush hush, he did ask her "is this like the last time?" and she said "no", which threw all of us for a loop because I think we STILL don't know what that meant. I remember the two of them agreeing that because the conversation was recorded, they wouldn't discuss mapping details, that would be done in a letter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyVoodoo123
Back