A problem with a common IDI theory

ROFL, as I live and breathe, I NEVER thought someone would use a pool noodle as part of an IDI theory!!

ROFL, as I live and breathe, I NEVER thought someone would use a pool noodle as part of an IDI theory!!

Actually what I believe was found in the basement was a styrofoam peanut, the kind used in packing material and found in nearly every home that ever had a box delivered or moving boxes unpacked. In winter in Colorado, certainly the the type of thing that could blow in an (admittedly) already broken window.

Actually what I believe was found in the basement was a styrofoam peanut, the kind used in packing material and found in nearly every home that ever had a box delivered or moving boxes unpacked. In winter in Colorado, certainly the the type of thing that could blow in an (admittedly) already broken window.

It might have even been from Patsy herself, boxing Christmas gifts for shipment or maybe the box that the FAO gifts had been shipped in.

There is evidence the intruder came in through the broken window---the leaves were disrupted...there was a noodle in the wine room. He knew it was safe to go out the same way he came in----and couldn't be sure the alarm system wasn't armed. The system wasn't armed---it's possible there was more than one, and one went out the butler door.

Most systems have lights to show whether it's armed or disarmed. That said, we're going back to '96, and the alarm was installed before that, so we may be talking about a system that is now 20+ years old. I don't know if it had lights or not.

It would be interesting to know more details about this, because it bears on the likelihood of exiting through one of the doors or going back down the basement to exit through the broken window.

Of course, we have to assume that the "intruder" would be able to figure out what the lights mean. That may not be the case.

IMO, it's unlikely anyone entered through the basement window, so it's even more unlikely they planned to exit that window, pushing/pulling a body.

The leaves were not disrupted. Leaves move around outside in the winter. The SPIDER WEB was NOT disrupted either. Spiders are dormant in winter in that part of the country.

So... the intruder brought his own ...NOODLE???

NO one could climb UP that wall and get out through that window. Climbing IN would be hard enough and notice Lou Smit did not attempt to climb OUT.
Why wouldn't they all go out the door? If the alarm didn't go off coming IN, why would they assume it might be armed?

Let's clear up that "broken window" theory. That hole in the glass was NOT big enough for a person to pass through. It was a small hole. JR gave the excuse that he broke it himself when he was locked out of the house.

DeeDee, do you ever get the feeling that we're being gaslighted?

IF it was an intruder JB was killed because the intruder had some unfinished business with JR.J.Douglas said it and ITA.The RN didn't even mention her name,this wasn't about her.This was revenge,overkill.
But all this is speculation cause IDI's first have to prove that someone else was there that night.
First prove there was an intruder and THEN we can try to find out who it was and why he did it,I am in.

(Just quoting your post as a point of relevance.)

IMO, the RN does not mention JonBenet by name because the author was distancing him/herself from what happened to JonBenet.

If there was an SFF that was targeting JR as revenge due to some unfinished business, I don't think that SFF would have taken the risks they did, broken in to the house while everyone was home to abduct one of the kids, without even bothering to learn the names of the children they will be attempting to abduct and ransom. That's just poor planning, and if an intruder was in that house and left as little evidence as they did, they planned that out REALLY well.

They seemingly knew JR's business pretty well. They seemed to have at least thought they knew personal things about JR beyond business, as they were wasting time adding in petty insults to JR, about being a fat cat, growing a brain, using Southern common sense...hence risking leaving extra unnecessary evidence in the form of handwriting on paper. Why would an SFF do that? And if they did all that, plus killed and sexually assaulted JonBenet as revenge against JR, why wrap her in a blanket and hide her in the basement? They can't get a ransom without a body - and they left that behind, so it wasn't about money...so back to revenge. Why not leave the dead child out in the open for JR to find, posed for maximum shock value and emotional trauma?

All of that aside, I do not believe for one minute that an SFF targeting JR for revenge would overlook Burke in favor of JonBenet as a means to hurt JR as much as possible.

If this SFF knew all that about JR, they'd not only know the names of his kids, but they would also know that the SON was the one JR was closer to, spent more time with, etc. They would have known that abducting/ransoming/murdering the BOY would have more affect on JR. They would have targeted Burke...especially IMO if this SFF was of Middle Eastern extraction, where a male child would be regarded as so much more valuable and ransomable than his sisters.

JonBenet was the one that PATSY was obsessed with, not JR. That's extremely obvious even from a surface glance at the Ramsey family dynamic. Abducting/ransoming/murdering JonBenet would be more of a revenge on Patsy than it would have been on JR.

I think anyone, SFF or otherwise, that spends any amount of time looking into the Ramsey family dynamic (and I mean just JR and PR and their two children, not JR's first set of kids) is going to realize that that that family was a bit polarized along the gender lines, with JR and Burke being more buddy-buddy than JR and JonBenet, and with Patsy being way more interested in grooming and obsessing over JonBenet than BR.

You even see that in DOI, where they discuss spending time with the kids. Burke was the one that JR took to fancy his airplane with him, not JonBenet. Burke was the one JR did trains with, not JonBenet. Burke was the one JR set up Legos with. All we hear about him and JonBenet are his claims of stressing to JonBenet that the talent is the most important part of the pageants. He was a distant kind of father to her, and IMO apparently knew little of her daily life.

He couldn't even be bothered to read her a story at bedtime every night - neither he nor Patsy. They just propped her up in front of a TV and VCR with endless Shirley Temple videos, eventually turning the TV off after she had fallen asleep.

Yet...both PR and JR drone on and on about JonBenet being in Patsy's shadow 24/7, the way they insist JonBenet was "just like Patsy" even though it's easy to see how JonBenet was beginning to try to assert her own individuality as a separate person from Patsy, and the worst: the matchy-matchy outfits that Patsy wanted to wear but JonBenet didn't.

Patsy even went and had matchy-matchy outfits just like JonBenet's made for the My Twinn doll she forced on JonBenet - if JonBenet didn't want to dress exactly like her mother in real life, why would she want to dress a doll in the exact same outfit she herself had on - a doll that was meant to look exactly like her, matchy-matchy in appearance even without matching outfits? JonBenet had little or nothing of her own to call her own with Patsy breathing right down her neck every second of the day.

I can see it now - Patsy, JonBenet, and the My Twinn doll all dressed exactly alike in whatever tacky, ugly, gaudy ensemble Patsy chose for the three of them. Now turn and pose for the camera - *click click click*

IMO.

(Just quoting your post as a point of relevance.)

IMO, the RN does not mention JonBenet by name because the author was distancing him/herself from what happened to JonBenet.

If there was an SFF that was targeting JR as revenge due to some unfinished business, I don't think that SFF would have taken the risks they did, broken in to the house while everyone was home to abduct one of the kids, without even bothering to learn the names of the children they will be attempting to abduct and ransom. That's just poor planning, and if an intruder was in that house and left as little evidence as they did, they planned that out REALLY well.

They seemingly knew JR's business pretty well. They seemed to have at least thought they knew personal things about JR beyond business, as they were wasting time adding in petty insults to JR, about being a fat cat, growing a brain, using Southern common sense...hence risking leaving extra unnecessary evidence in the form of handwriting on paper. Why would an SFF do that? And if they did all that, plus killed and sexually assaulted JonBenet as revenge against JR, why wrap her in a blanket and hide her in the basement? They can't get a ransom without a body - and they left that behind, so it wasn't about money...so back to revenge. Why not leave the dead child out in the open for JR to find, posed for maximum shock value and emotional trauma?

All of that aside, I do not believe for one minute that an SFF targeting JR for revenge would overlook Burke in favor of JonBenet as a means to hurt JR as much as possible.

If this SFF knew all that about JR, they'd not only know the names of his kids, but they would also know that the SON was the one JR was closer to, spent more time with, etc. They would have known that abducting/ransoming/murdering the BOY would have more affect on JR. They would have targeted Burke...especially IMO if this SFF was of Middle Eastern extraction, where a male child would be regarded as so much more valuable and ransomable than his sisters.

JonBenet was the one that PATSY was obsessed with, not JR. That's extremely obvious even from a surface glance at the Ramsey family dynamic. Abducting/ransoming/murdering JonBenet would be more of a revenge on Patsy than it would have been on JR.

I think anyone, SFF or otherwise, that spends any amount of time looking into the Ramsey family dynamic (and I mean just JR and PR and their two children, not JR's first set of kids) is going to realize that that that family was a bit polarized along the gender lines, with JR and Burke being more buddy-buddy than JR and JonBenet, and with Patsy being way more interested in grooming and obsessing over JonBenet than BR.

You even see that in DOI, where they discuss spending time with the kids. Burke was the one that JR took to fancy his airplane with him, not JonBenet. Burke was the one JR did trains with, not JonBenet. Burke was the one JR set up Legos with. All we hear about him and JonBenet are his claims of stressing to JonBenet that the talent is the most important part of the pageants. He was a distant kind of father to her, and IMO apparently knew little of her daily life.

He couldn't even be bothered to read her a story at bedtime every night - neither he nor Patsy. They just propped her up in front of a TV and VCR with endless Shirley Temple videos, eventually turning the TV off after she had fallen asleep.

Yet...both PR and JR drone on and on about JonBenet being in Patsy's shadow 24/7, the way they insist JonBenet was "just like Patsy" even though it's easy to see how JonBenet was beginning to try to assert her own individuality as a separate person from Patsy, and the worst: the matchy-matchy outfits that Patsy wanted to wear but JonBenet didn't.

Patsy even went and had matchy-matchy outfits just like JonBenet's made for the My Twinn doll she forced on JonBenet - if JonBenet didn't want to dress exactly like her mother in real life, why would she want to dress a doll in the exact same outfit she herself had on - a doll that was meant to look exactly like her, matchy-matchy in appearance even without matching outfits? JonBenet had little or nothing of her own to call her own with Patsy breathing right down her neck every second of the day.

I can see it now - Patsy, JonBenet, and the My Twinn doll all dressed exactly alike in whatever tacky, ugly, gaudy ensemble Patsy chose for the three of them. Now turn and pose for the camera - *click click click*

IMO.

Nuisanceposter,
I can see it now - Patsy, JonBenet, and the My Twinn doll all dressed exactly alike in whatever tacky, ugly, gaudy ensemble Patsy chose for the three of them.
Sounds like something enacted in a horror movie. The opening scene: Mother and daughter dressed identically, sitting on the sofa, between them sits a large doll similarly dressed. Once Mother retires to bed the doll becomes animated and engages the daughter is some scary adventure!

The more I learn about Patsy the more I am convinced she had some kind of personality disorder.

P.S. New theory: DDI, the Doll Did It.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back