A rush to judgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are still people that believe Lindy Chamberlain killed her baby- when in reality she was cleared and a dingo took her baby.
She was persecuted by the media who labelled her insensitive and uncaring about what happened to Azaria, people hated her because she didn't seem to be crying enough and showing enough grief.
They found blood in the boot of their car- which 6 years later proved to be car fluid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azaria_Chamberlain_disappearance

The similarities between these two couples are startling, both devout Christians, both were on holiday when their child disappeared and both had 2 other children.
More at link.

The dingo took Madeleine!! :D

I waffle back and forth on guilt of the parents. For me, the one thing that has niggled at my mind from the start is this.

Realistically, there is a very small likelihood of a random stranger abduction/murder of a child. For the small probability of a pedophile/child abductor to be strolling through a Portuguese resort to collide with the small window of opportunity (what? About 90 minutes?) for Madeleine to be abducted, what are the odds of this truly happening? I'm not saying impossible, I'm saying unlikely.

At the very least, I am surprised the police have not looked at the entire Tapas party, as these people, along with the Drs. McC, are the only ones who we can say with certaintly knew the children were alone, and knew an opportunity for abduction existed.

Rush to judgement? Not unless you consider several months to be a "rush". I think the move towards looking more closely at the parents (and their friends) should have happened earlier, if only for the purpose of eliminating the most obvious (and statisitcally most likely) suspects.

I say, while looking at the parents, look at the circle of friends too. These people all knew the children were alone.

moo

The window of time was about thirty minutes between checks, and that had to include tampering with/breaking open the window shutters from the inside as well as carrying Maddie out at a time when no one was approaching in either direction (not necessarily something you could ascertain from the window viewpoint.) Gerry stated that he thought Madeleine had been taken out through the window, the abductor having entered through the (presumably) unlocked door during the first 30 minute window and then hiding until Gerry left.

It's the window climb that gets me. Why would an abductor leave carrying a child out the window, when he/she came in via the door?

However, the window tampering from the inside is the reason the McCanns immediately knew it was an abduction. The window was not apparently tampered with when Gerry checked at 9:05 or Matthew Oldfield did his listening only check at 9:35 (approximately.) It was at 10:05 when Kate came to check and found Madeleine missing.

The window shutter story is just not plausible to me, it suggests staging, and I don't think it's a rush to judgement to think that way.

Actually we don't know any of this. We know it's a botched police investigation with alot of leaks to the press.
While the mob mentality is focusing only on the McCann's the real truth is slipping away.

Yes, we know they were made arguidos (official suspects) Mr. Mc Cann's lawyer confirmed that right after the last interview with the police.

I just want to jump in and say that I really hope that people don't think that my theories about what happened to Madeleine are based solely on the fact that her parents left her alone.

That is just the icing on the cake and to me represents a fundamental lack of care for those babies.

The cake is made from many more ingredients.

BTW, I can feel the love on this thread :D

I feel the love as well Colomom, and agree with your post also.:clap:

Actually we don't know any of this. We know it's a botched police investigation with alot of leaks to the press.
While the mob mentality is focusing only on the McCann's the real truth is slipping away.
They were both made arguidos, first Kate then Gerry after their interviews, fact.

The police botched investigation, opinion. Mob mentality, opinion.

They were both made arguidos, first Kate then Gerry after their interviews, fact.

The police botched investigation, opinion. Mob mentality, opinion.

Considering what few facts we have access to, I think the majority of what we discuss on here is opinion! :)

OMG...the dingo suspicions...ROTFLMAO!

Thanks doc, Tex and dingo....

:D

Considering what few facts we have access to, I think the majority of what we discuss on here is opinion! :)

Yes, most of it exept for two facts: Maddie is missing and her own parents were made official suspects on her disappearance.

Yes, most of it exept for two facts: Maddie is missing and her own parents were made official suspects on her disappearance.

Yup, that's about all the facts we know :eek:

And KM left her kids alone twice that evening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member