Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
The authorities have already released the cause of death in the Laken Riley murder that occurred seven days ago.
Yet the authorities still haven't released the cause of death in the Delphi murders that happened over seven years ago.

I just find that difference striking...

The authorities have already released the cause of death in the Laken Riley murder that occurred seven days ago.
Yet the authorities still haven't released the cause of death in the Delphi murders that happened over seven years ago.

Authorities haven't released the COD on one case because of a gag order, the only reason we know any of the salacious crime scene details of Abby and Libby are because the Defense leaked it around that order in extremely exploitive and graphic detail.

JMO

Authorities haven't released the COD on one case because of a gag order, the only reason we know any of the salacious crime scene details of Abby and Libby are because the Defense leaked it around that order in extremely exploitive and graphic detail.

JMO
The gag order that was issued six years after the girls were murdered? And before that?

IMHO the secrecy that has blanketed this case from day one has only fed the narrative of the defense that there must be something insanely freaky about the crime scene, and it could even make one wonder if they were just hiding the incompetence of their investigation all along.

I really do want to hear how that whole exchange went down. There was enough there for DD to make a note to check with the girls RA said he had passed on the Freedom Bridge.
I would like to know WHEN this exchange took place.. was it that night or the next morning? If so they were only investigating 2 missing girls. If it was after they were found, but before the description was released and the photo of BG, then that wouldn't even be something RA would have been concerned with or the officer. Now if it was AFTER they knew BG was wearing exactly what RA said he was wearing then it does seem worse for the officer.

I can see the news reporting that same day or early the next day that if you were on the trail that day to call or report to the police when and if you saw anything.. no detail too small... then they were just looking for where the girls might have went and if anyone saw them walking a different way or getting in a car, etc.

I would like to know WHEN this exchange took place.. was it that night or the next morning? If so they were only investigating 2 missing girls. If it was after they were found, but before the description was released and the photo of BG, then that wouldn't even be something RA would have been concerned with or the officer. Now if it was AFTER they knew BG was wearing exactly what RA said he was wearing then it does seem worse for the officer.

I can see the news reporting that same day or early the next day that if you were on the trail that day to call or report to the police when and if you saw anything.. no detail too small... then they were just looking for where the girls might have went and if anyone saw them walking a different way or getting in a car, etc.
Agree, I think the BG photo was released on Feb 16, 17th? IDK I think RA probably called in on the 14th or 15th. Maybe Dulin might have even know friendly CVS Rick and agreed to meet him at the grocery store near CVS for his statement.

There's just something that makes me curious about that, but it could be because we know so few facts around the tip and how it was handled. I'm sure we're going to find out exactly how that came to be at trial.

JMO

Agree, I think the BG photo was released on Feb 16, 17th? IDK I think RA probably called in on the 14th or 15th. Maybe Dulin might have even know friendly CVS Rick and agreed to meet him at the grocery store near CVS for his statement.

There's just something that makes me curious about that, but it could be because we know so few facts around the tip and how it was handled. I'm sure we're going to find out exactly how that came to be at trial.

JMO

The court documents lead us to believe it was stabbing. But, I suppose they could have been killed prior to stabbing, blunt force or strangling, for example.

For the first time, a cause of death is referred to in court documents. Investigators say the teen girls were killed by “wounds caused by a sharp object”

The court documents lead us to believe it was stabbing. But, I suppose they could have been killed prior to stabbing, blunt force or strangling, for example.

For the first time, a cause of death is referred to in court documents. Investigators say the teen girls were killed by “wounds caused by a sharp object”

I bring the expertise to bear that comes from having once been an NCIS fan. Ducky could tell if someone was beaten, strangled, shot, etc. first and stabbed post-mortem.

Last edited:
I bring the expertise to bear that comes from having once been an NCIS fan. Ducky could tell if someone was beaten, stabbed, shot, etc. first and stabbed post-mortem.
Ooh.. loved Ducky on NCIS. I’m sure Roland Kohr knows the cause of death, but with the autopsies sealed, we won’t know for sure until trial, or.. another leak. (Half-kidding.)

JMO
I just happened to stumble upon this today so I'll post it. The photo of BG was released to the media on February 15, 2017 @6:50pm.
I agree with you that he made the statement prior to the release of the image.

Delphi Timeline

I wonder how they determined Abby and Libby were killed on the 13th... my guess was via the autopsy??? It gets harder and harder to find older articles and this one doesn't say much except RA went to the CO "right after teens murders" :confused:

Snipped from article:

"Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the teens’ murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says."

I wonder how they determined Abby and Libby were killed on the 13th... my guess was via the autopsy???
My "guess" is time of death was determined between the time when they went missing (2/13/17), and when they were found deceased (the next day). Also the timestamps on Libby's phone. I don't think it needs an autopsy to determine that.

My "guess" is time of death was determined between the time when they went missing (2/13/17), and when they were found deceased (the next day). Also the timestamps on Libby's phone. I don't think it needs an autopsy to determine that.

Could be, IIRC one of the girls obits said died 2/13 and the others 2/14. That was strange IMO. All I know for certain is... there was NO reason these girls had to die. :( :mad:

Could be, IIRC one of the girls obits said died 2/13 and the others 2/14. That was strange IMO. All I know for certain is... there was NO reason these girls had to die. :( :mad:
My guess would be they determined the date of death by the wounds they suffered. Why one date was chosen over the other is something we can only wonder about.

JMO
When RA hadn't been arrested yet, I always thought, the killer had been interviewed by police just like RA was: on the wing (between the door and the hinge= German language), without written notes, because the man was wellknown and far from being considered a killer, but by chance present in the vicinity of the crime scene, allegedly for a harmless jog/workout. Before Oct 2022 I never had thought, it would turn out to be someone like a little CVS guy.

JMO
They leaked to create to generate content for argument.

RA is guilty, the police have the evidence so attacking the evidence and investigative process is the plan.

They leaked to create to generate content for argument.

RA is guilty, the police have the evidence so attacking the evidence and investigative process is the plan.
Agree. The more I look at the facts we know as well as the statements left out of the franks memorandum. The more I am sure that RA is guilty for the kidnapping and murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven