Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
we know the confessions cant be great because the defence went to such great lengths to blame the odinists for forcing him to say them. imo the words must be pretty clear for the defence to have accepted they constitute admissions in the proceeding last year.

For me, any eyewitness testimony positively identify RA would be discounted by knowing that they lived with the sketches that look nothing like RA for 6 years without apparently saying so.

Is there any type of limit to how long an accused can delay their trial? I found several different responses to this, but not sure I'm understanding them. Like no limitation on murder? But what about after being charged?
With all of the insane antics surrounding this case, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see a trial in October and it kills me to even type that.

I think the Defense will continue to file Motions as delay tactics, I personally believe they have a lot of real work to do on their side of the fence.

I know a lot of people think it's been the State who is not prepared, I disagree. They've got some damning evidence against RA, even besides his confessions IMO. I believe that is part of the updated Murder charges.

Judge Gull will not allow a never ending timeline for trial. She'll hold both the State and Defense to a date, especially after a lot of these Motions are heard coming up.

JMO

Wait, so you're saying that he "didn't actually confess" and the prosecutor is being overdramatic just because his wife hasn't filed for divorce yet, which completely ignores how common it is for spouses to "stick by their man" during trials?

Lol!
Don't forget that the Defense has even acknowledged them as 'incriminating statements', so it's not like it's nothing.

MOO

@DeDee You said
Finally - Does everyone agree he's wearing a brownish colored sweatshirt underneath the blue jacket and his right hand is in the pocket of the brownish colored sweatshirt? Maybe his left hand is in his jeans pocket?
I'm mostly leaning that way, too.

I went back through the search warrant return in the PCA. Either RA didn't have any brown hoodies or they weren't looking for that color. IMO

I wonder why they didn't take any of his t-shirts or shoes.

The coats they took:
Blue with red stripes Adidas jacket
Black, and gray North End coat
Blue Carhartt coat
The hoodies they took:
Black and green Fox hooded sweatshirt
Black "Spider" hooded Sweatshirt
Black and red "UFC" hooded sweatshirt full zip

we know the confessions cant be great because the defence went to such great lengths to blame the odinists for forcing him to say them. imo the words must be pretty clear for the defence to have accepted they constitute admissions in the proceeding last year.

If he gave ANY details in his confession that were not disclosed to the public, his goose is cooked.

@DeDee You said

I went back through the search warrant return in the PCA. Either RA didn't have any brown hoodies or they weren't looking for that color. IMO

The coats they took:
Blue Carhartt coat
The hoodies they took:

Was he not seen Bloody on the walk back to his car?

He probably destroyed the brown hoodie imo

Finally - Does everyone agree he's wearing a brownish colored sweatshirt underneath the blue jacket and his right hand is in the pocket of the brownish colored sweatshirt? Maybe his left hand is in his jeans pocket?
I gave up on staring at those BG photos years ago, after spending way too much time trying to figure out what the white thing was.

It’s really not a very good picture, but I’m totally convinced RA is BG. He put himself there, and so did several other people. Thing is, I’m foggy as heck on the before and after.

If I HAD to guess, I’d say he acted alone. I can visualize ways he might have done it. I know of no positive evidence to put others there.

But if I’m a juror, don’t make me guess!

That has to be one of the things only the killer knows.
I gave up on staring at those BG photos years ago, after spending way too much time trying to figure out what the white thing was.
oh no...lol..go pro camera cables, plastic bag ties, weird man sideburn braids, sweatshirt drawawstring , wires, clothesline omigod...is that a baby goat under his jacket???

it's been a long strange trip with that footage. mOO

Wouldn't want to be left out of the throw-anything-on-the-wall-exercise, so here ya go:

RA probably wore brown tinted contacts and a curly wig to the bridge that day, so those eye-witness reports are more accurate that we might think. ;)

/s

@DeDee You said

The coats they took:
Blue Carhartt coat
The hoodies they took:

Nice. Thank you. I want to see the front closures on his blue Carthartt jacket, don't you?

On OCT 13 LE removed from RA's home:
  • 12 various quarter-zip or full-zip sweatshirts
  • 3 coats
So these items are the same as in your list only more sweatshirts were taken; likely not hooded.

Wonder why LE took an Aquafina water bottle. Fairly sure the D said LE took stuff unrelated to the CS.
  • An Aquafina water bottle

Wouldn't want to be left out of the throw-anything-on-the-wall-exercise, so here ya go:

RA probably wore brown tinted contacts and a curly wig to the bridge that day, so those eye-witness reports are more accurate that we might think. ;)

/s
Don’t forget the reversible jacket, you know, blue on one side and tan on the other? Because he was likely thinking ahead. His jacket would be all bloody, so he’d reverse it. Forget about his pants and shoes. They wouldn’t get “muddy and bloody.” :rolleyes:

Too cute! You and I may not agree on much but yes, that is a baby goat under (or in) a jacket, lol!

Agree and I will say we just don’t agree on much RIGHT NOW. When this case is over, however it is, we’ll take on another one, probably on the same side again.
Those of us from the “baby goat era” all have a bond! Haha!

It's been said that the girls did not struggle but I'm not sure if one of them was able to punch his nose or not. The witness did not specify, tmk, the location of the blood or the mud. Can we assume the jeans were muddy? Where is blood when one looks as if they've been in a fight?

The victims, according to the warrant, didn’t have any defense wounds
I think the FM disputes that the witness described BG as being muddy and “bloody,” which is often quoted. Muddy yes, looked like he’d been in a fight. Possibly a bloody nose? I hope so but we won’t know for sure unless this gets to trial. I don’t know why the defense would lie about that, but many here believe that defense attorneys routinely lie and prosecutors never lie or bend the truth. Time will tell, or at least we hope so. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500