Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if these tree branches were a start of a framing to be filled in with leaves, sticks, etc, to try to hide the bodies before the killer started hearing Libby’s dad and others yelling and decided to get out of there.
This doesn’t say horns — when I read text that I indicate the branches formed horns I think the killer watched True Detective Season 1.
Whenever I see: **DESCRIPTION OF CRIME SCENE - GRAPHIC WARNING** I roll & scroll.
Since you read it, can you tell me if the sticks seemed to be intentionally placed rather than just strewn about? The framing idea seems to suggest that you think there may have been some plan or design with them.

I haven't seen anything suggesting it was purposeful, honestly. I am not surprised, though, to hear this is being pushed in some quarters. Everyone I've heard speaking about this has been pretty distressed. It's a big problem. There's no way I think that was purposeful, and they have the summary notes to my knowledge, for those interviews. It's not enough, but it's something.
They have the summary notes AND all the people interviewed are still alive and can be talked to again. It is unfortunate that things were taped over or erased, but the fact it happened in 2017 and it was not specific to certain interviews or a specific individual interview says to me that it can't be viewed as an attempt to alter the case or prevent someone from being prosecuted. It is just something the D wants to look back on and claim something fishy was going on so it helps their case. They can talk to every single person that was interviewed and they can review the summary notes from the interviews.

Whenever I see: **DESCRIPTION OF CRIME SCENE - GRAPHIC WARNING** I roll & scroll.
Since you read it, can you tell me if the sticks seemed to be intentionally placed rather than just strewn about? The framing idea seems to suggest that you think there may have been some plan or design with them.
I don’t know. In the material, the non-graphic (well, not too too graphic) part says Libby was found “at the base of a tree with four tree branches of varying sizes intentionally placed in a very specific and arranged pattern…”
That could be cultish if that pattern really does form a symbol, but that isn’t said here, or it could be frame-building for covering up— or who knows what else.

I’m not in agreement BG ordered the girls down the hill. According to PCA the video is 43 seconds, it makes zero sense to me why the entire video (corroborating that BG approached and told them to go down the hill), wasn’t release. In fact, releasing the entire video would presumably show the perps face better. If in the video, BG approached them, why is the still photograph from the video so far away?

JMHO
I think Libby started filming and made it appear she was taking a photo of Abby.. as he got closer she put the phone away as if she was done taking the photo, but still recording it captured the girls saying something about the man behind them. If the same recording also includes a man saying "down the hill" and it is in fact only 43 seconds long, then I feel like it's safe to say either BG said down the hill or BG knows who did say down the hill as he would be right there at the exact time a man is heard telling them down the hill.

I don't think the entire video was released because the girls are heard talking about this man and possibly screaming once they realize what is happening. I think the entire video is for trial and we don't need to hear it until then if at all. Something about the man alarmed them enough to mention him and to continue to film and record, then they were brutally murdered. The family has heard the recording and it's likely some of the last few moments of their lives. I think LE is being sensitive to that and not releasing the entire recording.

I wonder if these tree branches were a start of a framing to be filled in with leaves, sticks, etc, to try to hide the bodies before the killer started hearing Libby’s dad and others yelling and decided to get out of there.
This doesn’t say horns — when I read text that I indicate the branches formed horns I think the killer watched True Detective Season 1.
Could be a possibility. But why bother with these larger branches (as I understand it) and not just start with sticks and then leaves?

I've also thought about TD S1 regarding the crime scene.

It's not just sticks intentionally placed in a pattern, it's the whole bizarre thing. I take it the sticks were actually placed over the victims' bodies?
Yeahhhhh, the first reports from responding LE, the FBI, and the State Prosecutor at the time informed the public (via press interviews) that upon studying the scene the consensus was that the injuries sustained and crime scene appeared to be deliberate and after death, staged. Ask Barb McDonald, who interviewed all of them.

Yeahhhhh, the first reports from responding LE, the FBI, and the State Prosecutor at the time informed the public (via press interviews) that upon studying the scene the consensus was that the injuries sustained and crime scene appeared to be deliberate and after death, staged. Ask Barb McDonald, who interviewed all of them.

<modsnip: off topic>

Edited to ask the question, the injuries were post mortem?
Do you have a source for that please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for taking the hit for me!
intentionally placed in a very specific and arranged pattern
I'm just mystified
A 'specific and arranged pattern' can mean ANYTHING and certainly is not only indicative of a rune or odinist pattern.
[and I think it was the defense who used that specific wording.]

As mentioned already, could have been a base of some kind, to be a structure for a fire, or a way to build a camouflage of some kind.

Or just a crazy way of staging the murder scene because the killer was a psycho?

Last edited:
I can't imagine the killer would be so stupid as to take out a billboard advertising the location of his crime scene. And all those dry woods - that could have easily turned into a wildfire.
Would a crazed killer care if a wildfire started there? I don't think it would bother him if he knew it would destroy evidence of his crimes.

I think he already knew they were going to discover the location very quickly. The bodies were very close to the last known sightings of the girls.

Looks like RA is well on his way to getting those experts he needs. People DO care about fairness when it comes to determining whether or not someone deserves to spend the rest of his life incarcerated. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther