Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... .he acknowledges he's not doing any more judicial work.
And ... he acknowledges he's "embracing uncertainty"
And ... he's met all his personal career goals.
So ... does he have no further personal career goals?

Why share that you're "embracing uncertainty" in a resignation statement to the Indiana Governor copy the Chief of the Indiana Supreme Court?

I'm just sayin'.

The IN Gov and the Chief Supreme were both expecting this letter. IMO

JMHO
I agree that they had some forewarning in his resignation. Perhaps they either they told him quit or he’s canned or he told them fix the issues in the court house or I am out? MOoOoO

But I don't.

Back to 0. ;)

The only thing I can kinda' see is what looks to me like one of those urostomy bags (leg bags) that is worn after a bladder or kidney surgery to collect urine. It is under the left pant leg.

I don't recall there being any mention of any objects by any LE or anyone, so I could be losing my flipping mind I suppose. :p

Agree but I once had to go to the ER after three glasses of wine. Sulfites, mad sulfites. Oh, and it didn’t interact well with the Sri Lankan curry. No cops called but husband took me in. Could be some bad juice. Did she call police specifically or did she call 911?
Not a fan of RA — just don’t want to make something of one incident involving alcohol.
we don’t know who called the police to the house I don’t think. It could have been any number of people for any number of reasons really.

Hey do you have a source for this info?
HA, I would have edited that and walked it back if I could have. I was perhaps a tad bit overexcited. I'm re-studying the document in question, the Certificate Of Analysis (It starts on Pg 276 here)
The ammo in RA's mags was Blazer. There were 2 loose rounds - 1 Winchester and the other Blazer. These were labeled as 315 & 316. The round discovered at the CS is labeled as 016, but they don't list the manufacturer. Odd

To me it has always seemed a crime of opportunity by someone armed and primed to do something violent to others.
The trigger is seeing some sort of prize, combined with a small window of opportunity combined with the necessity of immediate action and total commitment to take advantage.
Probably saw himself as if starring in a movie, 3rd person, amazing, efficient like the Terminator.
Agree . A little prize for himself before Valentine’s Day. When his wife was away mourning the loss of her brother. JMo
I will say I don’t think this is the first time either.
Without DNA it’s practically a perfect crime.
This is why he chose the outdoors. And away from security cameras of neighborhoods.
What he didn’t plan on was a victim with a camera phone.
I am curious to hear of the others he confessed to assaulting. And if they survived the crime.
MOO

Last edited:
You say all this as if the man in question didn’t make his own choice to disseminate the information. No one forced him to do that. He made a choice to do it, and he made a choice to end his life because of it, but that’s no one else’s fault.
Perhaps he was threatened. Perhaps his career and family were threatened.
I find it very hard to believe he went from one day collaborating with defense on strategy for RA while providing for his family in service for our country and next day he is gone by suicide.
Something went down. IMO. Something very big.

I don’t believe for one second that suicide is a logical choice that someone makes. It’s done in desperation against all human instincts.
JMO

We don't know, but the state might. And RA for sure does.
These issues having NoT been covered to date by the filings of the D make me think they can’t explain where he went afterwards. They have probably got a guy who’s said he went home and fell asleep. If he’d been to work right after, they’d have said so. If he went to dinner with his wife or met friends at the pool hall, we would have heard it by now. Did he even go home after? Even if he went to Target that evening in the immediate aftermath, we would have heard about it by now. Video. GPS tracking etc…. Texts to or from his loved ones or calls…. Something would have surfaced to say he went to XYZ and spoke to so and so… and yet. Nothing. Nada. Radio silence.

These issues having NoT been covered to date by the filings of the D make me think they can’t explain where he went afterwards. They have probably got a guy who’s said he went home and fell asleep. If he’d been to work right after, they’d have said so. If he went to dinner with his wife or met friends at the pool hall, we would have heard it by now. Did he even go home after? Even if he went to Target that evening in the immediate aftermath, we would have heard about it by now. Video. GPS tracking etc…. Texts to or from his loved ones or calls…. Something would have surfaced to say he went to XYZ and spoke to so and so… and yet. Nothing. Nada. Radio silence.
Gag order. We are for sure in an information vacuum. This dang case is an information nightmare. The idea is that once we get to (not) see the trial we'll finally know what the state knows, and what the defense thinks about it. I hesitate to make too much out of what is or isn't in all these pre-trial motions. From either side. But that's just me

Gag order. We are for sure in an information vacuum. This dang case is an information nightmare. The idea is that once we get to (not) see the trial we'll finally know what the state knows, and what the defense thinks about it. I hesitate to make too much out of what is or isn't in all these pre-trial motions. From either side. But that's just me
We don’t know what it is we don’t know. I’m interested in the trial but I don’t believe we will see all the State has or what all the evidence showed or didn’t. I doubt we ever know what really happened entirely unless someone who was there opts to speak up. Whether that is RA or anyone else.

We don’t know what it is we don’t know. I’m interested in the trial but I don’t believe we will see all the State has or what all the evidence showed or didn’t. I doubt we ever know what really happened entirely unless someone who was there opts to speak up. Whether that is RA or anyone else.
yup
You're entering the Rumsfeld Matrix
...there are known knowns; there are things we know we know
...there are known unknowns; we know there are some things we do not know
...there are also unknown unknowns; the ones we don't know we don't know
...it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones

Agree . A little prize for himself before Valentine’s Day. When his wife was away mourning the loss of her brother. JMo
I will say I don’t think this is the first time either.
Without DNA it’s practically a perfect crime.
This is why he chose the outdoors. And away from security cameras of neighborhoods.
What he didn’t plan on was a victim with a camera phone.
I am curious to hear of the others he confessed to assaulting. And if they survived the crime.
MOO

Hi Cyber,

Are you meaning KA was away mourning the loss of her brother? If so, that slid right past me or my CRS is the problem. Link? Please and thank you.

Last edited:
You say all this as if the man in question didn’t make his own choice to disseminate the information. No one forced him to do that. He made a choice to do it, and he made a choice to end his life because of it, but that’s no one else’s fault.
It's partially someone else's fault that he even had the stolen materials. I hold the attorney that left it unsecured and vulnerable and I blame the idiot that took them and distributed them.

Sure, it was one man's choice to kill himself but he was put in a bad position when someone sent him those stolen photos. JMO

IF any framing occurred (IMO possible but in the category like everything else in this case of highly unlikely but we’ve already seen stranger things) it would not have knowingly involved A&L as you speculate above nor knowingly involved BG either, but would’ve occurred something like this;
Again MOO thinking way outside the box..
1) L takes short 43-second video of BG, her being spooked/suspicious by his nearby presence on bridge
2) L stops the video when for whatever reason, after a short conversation with the man her fears are relieved
3) A & L voluntarily descend the hill without BG…whether to meet a_shots, seek alternate route to avoid a bridge re-cross, go a different direction than BG is going, or other unbeknownst reason
4) A & L encounter peril at the hill’s bottom - either someone(s) waiting for them to expectedly arrive or they surprise a group conducting other illegal business
5) perp(s) pull L’s phone, examine it, and to their good fortune discover a video in the last hour of a rather unusual encounter near the end of the bridge
6) after perhaps some editing/splicing, they purposefully leave the phone where it will be found - insinuating this guy in the video will be suspect #1
All MOO
Steps 5 and 6 seem too far fetched for me to believe...just cannot imagine it happening it that way...IMO

It's partially someone else's fault that he even had the stolen materials. I hold the attorney that left it unsecured and vulnerable and I blame the idiot that took them and distributed them.

Sure, it was one man's choice to kill himself but he was put in a bad position when someone sent him those stolen photos. JMO
Have we considered he may have put himself in the bad spot? Did he KnOW what was being sent to him ahead of opening it? Did he have an idea - any idea - that it was about the crime scene, info he shouldn’t have access to at all? If so, why open it at all? Even if he had no idea what he was about to open, once he did so, he clearly knew what it was. What was his next move? Did he then call police? Delete the material? Or, did he wait for Le to contact him before killing himself?

I am sorry but a suicide isn’t blood on the hands of AB here. Not even on MW. The man killed himself. He had choices he made in this matter. He chose to end his life. It’s sad but it isn’t on anyone but him.

Or you show it to the jury and say, “Here’s another brick in the wall. Don’t look at the brick so much. Notice the wall.”
This post expresses a perspective so well! People get in the weeds; for me, recent overlong detailing of guns and ammo. Yet, someone else may find those very points useful. This convincing construct happens in jury deliberation, this looking at the overall wall of evidence. Will it 'hold up' in court?
Remembering, I was long distance driving toward home when radio news broadcast that two girls were missing and a search going on for them. Since then it's one day, one brick, at a time.

I don’t believe it’s a convoluted plot.

RA spotted on platform 1 moments before the girls crossed.

The girls I believe saw him acting weird/off maybe he passed them coming off the bridge as they come on and maybe some words are even exchanged.

They start to cross and forget about him and the last known photo is taken which doesn’t show RA behind them.

RA starts to cross the bridge at a rate that scares the girls and alarm bells start to go off with Libby.

Libby shoots the famous video of Bridge Guy as he bears down on them.

As he reaches them and pulls a gun audio captures the moment and he is heard ordering them “down the hill”

RA knows the route he is taking and leads them to where they would be found the following day.

My only questions are and I hope we hear them at trial.

1) did he know they would be there that day and if he did how?

2) did the girls plan to meet somebody that day and that person turned out to be RA?

Mooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited:
I just wonder how many times he was on that trail waiting for the perfect opportunity. Did he ever attempt something like this before? Did anyone ever report seeing a creepy guy walking that trail prior to Feb 13 2017. We know he liked to walk that trail. I am just curious if he was planning this during prior visits to the trail and the opportunity never presented itself.
Maybe there is some trail of clues.
Someone noticed him and his vibe.
Crime seems opportunistic, and yet maybe the murderer was in deep self deception about what he would eventually do, if he kept being ready to do something, until the opportunity presented.

I think he may have fantasised about the opportunity, but all the circumstances needed to be just right. One thing that made this a convenient time for RA was that his wife was busy with a death in her family, which had her away from home much of that time. And his daughter had just announced her engagement, as she was also busy and away from the family home and involved in her new life. So he had some much needed privacy.

I look forward to the trial to see if it is true that he knew of the girls because of social media contacts who had been catfishing them. If so, that was another important circumstance that had to fall into place to make this a viable opportunity to fulfil his lingering fantasy. JMO IMO

Last edited:
BBM

That incident was in 2015.

The sheriff’s office was dispatched just after 3:30 in the morning on June 18, 2015, according to records obtained by FOX59. The sheriff said Allen was allegedly drunk and his wife took him to a Lafayette-area hospital for a medical evaluation.

To me it shows a side of RA that the general population didn't know nor does the D want known. RA has anger management issues, enough so that KA would feel threatened or concerned enough to call 911. JMO

Has the Defense even said what Rick’s alibi is for after his walk? If so I’ve missed it.

I can’t imagine why all of their statements are not proceeded by: well, there’s no way anyway since Rick went ??? or stopped by his buddy’s house… or was seen on the neighbor’s camera arriving home earlier with glimpses of him working in the yard… or even, for goodness sakes, his wife says he was home in a jiffy clean and composed from his walk.

all imo
I've asked that question many times. The D spouts out any and everything else why not this? If RA had a provable alibi for the day of the murders he wouldn't have be sitting in the DOC all this time. It's because he doesn't

JMO

In a line of questioning between the D and Liggett (?), it was agreed that RA had to be there during specific times in order for him to be the killer. I think they do know where he was for part of the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LornaJay