Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #184

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard the term **Old War Horse** and much to my surprise it actually is not demeaning to refer to someone as such. It actually can be complimentary. So it appears Bob Motta wasn't at fault in referring to Judge Gull as an **Old War Horse**... it simply defines as: :rolleyes:

(old) war horse​

A veteran of some activity or profession (not necessarily the military) who has a wealth of experience going through various trials and tribulations.​

Yes I found this also but no information on how many inmates it houses or pics of the inside. If it has rec area, cafeteria style eating? Are there in house doctors and mental health people? It would not be good if RA was unsafe from others or himself if he had another meltdown.

I did find two mentions of three inmates dying there. Two passed in one week, I believe in 2022, had to be hospitalized for sudden illness but died. Another in 2023, self-inflicted injury in shower area.

Last edited:
Yes I found this also but no information on how many inmates it houses or pics of the inside. If it has rec area, cafeteria style eating? Are there in house doctors and mental health people? It would not be good if RA was unsafe from others or himself if he had another meltdown.

I did find two mentions of three inmates dying there. Two passed in one week, I believe in 2022, had to be hospitalized for illness but died. Another in 2023, self-inflicted injury in shower area.
To be honest, there is a possibility he would/could off himself if he has more freedom in the local jail. :confused:

You know, seeing you lay that all out...I wonder if it happened that RA was leaving work and saw the CO over by the grocery and just spur of the moment said I'll tell him I was there. It was probably his best option, in his mind. I can always say, hey I reported being there. And if it got lost in the shuffle, better yet...and it did. When nobody came to talk to him he probably thought, ok I'm good, nobody recognized me and nobody is following up on the CO guy's notes. AJMO
The police set check points up on all access roads to ask each car traveling if they had seen anything.
Maybe they set up at high foot traffic locations as well.

The police set check points up on all access roads to ask each car traveling if they had seen anything.
Maybe they set up at high foot traffic locations as well.
I never thought of that! That could very well be what happened. RA was asked, felt on the spot and what came out, came out. The way the D has made it seem though, it was RA that contacted LE. Can't wait to read DD's testimony.

Referencing the motions, not the OP --

First motion, to move RA -- they cooled the rhetoric about POW conditions. And, while they claim he is not a risk to those around him, they dropped the part where he might be a risk to himself. This is no small risk. Are we to believe he's fully recovered from his deplorable mental decline described in prior defense memos?

Second motion, a request for more funds, to onboard a third attorney. What?!? I thought they were ready for trial. Suddenly they're not? Suddenly they haven't been able to get through all 26 tb of discovery? Because the Prosecution didn't organize it for them. What? They testified before SCION they were ready for trial, that switching attorneys would interfere with RA's right to a speedy trial. They agreed with the schedule -- the three-week trial just days from now, to which they're now saying they need more time. But they didn't need it when the schedule was set?

They. Aren't. Ready.

How do you ask for a continuance without asking for a continuance? You tell the judge you have a super secret SO MUCH testimony that you'll need way more trial time, even thought you're unwilling to specify who you intent to call and to what they'll testify. No good faith proffer.

Judge cents the extension blind and now the Defense admits it wasn't ready!!! They need a third attorney because they haven't even finished with the State's discovery!

We'll never know, but IMO if the judge had not granted the longer trial (and new fall date), the Defense should have been forced to ask for the continuance!!! This was a clever work around!!! The Judge gave them the extra time (and months of additional prep time!) with zero showing from them, and they turn around and submit this motion for relief! They need another attorney to prepare for trial!! I can't state this big enough!! IMO with the last hearing, they TRICKED the Judge in order to get a continuance without having to ask for one! This crew that's been representing how ready they are!!!

Yeesh.

JMO

Referencing the motions, not the OP --

First motion, to move RA -- they cooled the rhetoric about POW conditions. And, while they claim he is not a risk to those around him, they dropped the part where he might be a risk to himself. This is no small risk. Are we to believe he's fully recovered from his deplorable mental decline described in prior defense memos?

Second motion, a request for more funds, to onboard a third attorney. What?!? I thought they were ready for trial. Suddenly they're not? Suddenly they haven't been able to get through all 26 tb of discovery? Because the Prosecution didn't organize it for them. What? They testified before SCION they were ready for trial, that switching attorneys would interfere with RA's right to a speedy trial. They agreed with the schedule -- the three-week trial just days from now, to which they're now saying they need more time. But they didn't need it when the schedule was set?

They. Aren't. Ready.

How do you ask for a continuance without asking for a continuance? You tell the judge you have a super secret SO MUCH testimony that you'll need way more trial time, even thought you're unwilling to specify who you intent to call and to what they'll testify. No good faith proffer.

Judge cents the extension blind and now the Defense admits it wasn't ready!!! They need a third attorney because they haven't even finished with the State's discovery!

We'll never know, but IMO if the judge had not granted the longer trial (and new fall date), the Defense should have been forced to ask for the continuance!!! This was a clever work around!!! The Judge gave them the extra time (and months of additional prep time!) with zero showing from them, and they turn around and submit this motion for relief! They need another attorney to prepare for trial!! I can't state this big enough!! IMO with the last hearing, they TRICKED the Judge in order to get a continuance without having to ask for one! This crew that's been representing how ready they are!!!

Yeesh.

JMO
AND they filed for her to recuse herself AGAIN:rolleyes:
You just can't please everyone;)

I had never heard the term **Old War Horse** and much to my surprise it actually is not demeaning to refer to someone as such. It actually can be complimentary. So it appears Bob Motta wasn't at fault in referring to Judge Gull as an **Old War Horse**... it simply defines as: :rolleyes:

(old) war horse​

A veteran of some activity or profession (not necessarily the military) who has a wealth of experience going through various trials and tribulations.​

Thanks for looking that up.

It's a pretty common term here, especially among the military.
Considered to show respect.

I believed it was a compliment as well even if it sounds like it could be a diss. It also let me know she is no respecter of persons and is not singling out this defense team. IMO.

MOO.
Some might find it respectful.

I’ve asked a few female legal practitioners and none would care to be called by this term.

Anecdotal only.

Was a podcaster-you tuber the person who called her this or was the term used by someone directly involved in the proceedings?

I doubt Judge Gull knows or cares about a youtuber’s opinion.

MOO.

MOO.
Some might find it respectful.

I’ve asked a few female legal practitioners and none would care to be called by this term.

Anecdotal only.

Was a podcaster-you tuber the person who called her this or was the term used by someone directly involved in the proceedings?

I doubt Judge Gull knows or cares about a youtuber’s opinion.

MOO.
Some people can find offense at the simplest of things. Maybe if they looked up the history of war horses, they would feel differently about the term.

I don't know who called her a war horse; maybe ask the person who brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15