Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #184

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are journalists allowed to blog from court (as there are no cameras) or do they have to take notes to write articles after court day is over, and will court release transcripts as trial goes along (if anybody knows) or does the whole trial transcript get released after the trial and it cost thousands of dollars
Seems like no electronics allowed at all

Multiple news agencies filed a request to allow cameras to stream video and/or audio of the trial to help provide transparency in the case that has drawn national scrutiny. Gull struck down the request on Tuesday, denying any audio, video, or electronics in the courtroom.
Judge won’t allow cameras in Delphi murders trial

RSBM for focus.

The sad fact is she could have settled the whole Franks issue the first time. She could have and should have done exactly what you said.

Instead, she continues to refuse to do that. OTOH, wasn't she going to allow the second attys to have a hearing on theirs? Apparently she read it; what was in theirs that made it OK to have a hearing on it?
That whole issue just makes me suspicious.

as far as i know they never filed one?

They have filed for a hearing 4 times but she denied them without a hearing.
Life would have been much simpler if she would have had a hearing the first time. imo
She has had hearings( June 2023 and March 2024). Defense has proven to not be able to substantiate their claims or used the hearings as a platform to talk about other things.
I can’t say I blame her for making rulings without hearings to streamline the already lengthy and burdensome process.
Jmo

She has had hearings( June 2023 and March 2024). Defense has proven to not be able to substantiate their claims or used the hearings as a platform to talk about other things.
I can’t say I blame her for making rulings without hearings to streamline the already lengthy and burdensome process.
Jmo

i don’t mind lack of hearing on a motion. but she should record the factual determinations and application of law to the facts. eg on Franks 1 i would have expected her ruling to include findings on the main allegations against lIgget. maybe someone who practices in Indiana can explain.

IMO.

I am so angry right now.
Why doesn’t the defense team just climb in their clown car and head out to the cemetery and spit on Libby and Abby’s graves. They’ve been pretty much doing that for over a year now.

So the hearing is cancelled for tomorrow through Thursday?

So the defense wants hearings and complains the judge won't hold hearings and then they get one, but then want to continue the hearing and it's denied so they file a motion (at the last minute) to remove the judge that would require she respond before having a hearing? So the judge has no choice but to deal with it first before the hearing can be held so now she has to cancel the hearing?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again more games.

I agree with your last statement.

However, the main question in the case is whether or not you can say beyond a reasonable doubt that there was not another bridge guy? I think this is where the state has proven the case only 99%. Maybe the confessions contain information only the killer would know and that gets them to 100%? We will have to wait and see at trial.

But sometimes a small detail can matter. In the PCA, it states that the woman who saw Richard Allen on platform 1 of the Monon High Bridge said he was wearing a "blue jean jacket". I think this is correct as I would agree that a Carhartt jacket could be described as a blue jean jacket.

In the phone video though taken by Liberty German, it looks like the person in the video is wearing a blue windbreaker. It is a small detail and maybe it does not matter, but what if it does?
I think BG's jacket looks like a heavier material than a windbreaker. JMO

RSBM for focus.

The sad fact is she could have settled the whole Franks issue the first time. She could have and should have done exactly what you said.

Instead, she continues to refuse to do that. OTOH, wasn't she going to allow the second attys to have a hearing on theirs? Apparently she read it; what was in theirs that made it OK to have a hearing on it?
That whole issue just makes me suspicious.
I doubt that would have stopped the D's repeated FM filings at all. All the D does is add a new bit of language here and there while regurgitating the rest...# 1, 2, 3 & 4. By Oct what 6, 7, 8 and #9?
AJMO

I am so angry right now.
Why doesn’t the defense team just climb in their clown car and head out to the cemetery and spit on Libby and Abby’s graves. They’ve been pretty much doing that for over a year now.

I know right. Abby and Libby deserve justice. I'm so angry. So very very angry.

The whole defense has been to get rid of the judge, get rid of the prosecutor, get rid of the evidence. Not heard one word why Richard Allen did NOT murder these two girls. Two innocent girls that were looking forward to their high school years. Why not work on their defense instead of trashing everyone that is trying to get justice for Libby and Abby.

Then we have those that make ridiculous outrageous comments that allege torture of Richard Allen with the thought Richard Allen would die as a result. And along the way go after anyone involved seeking justice from the sheriff to Abby and Libby's hashtag. Ruin the reputation of innocent people. Accusing the sheriff, the task force, and guards.

I doubt that would have stopped the D's repeated FM filings at all. All the D does is add a new bit of language here and there while regurgitating the rest...# 1, 2, 3 & 4. By Oct what 6, 7, 8 and #9?
AJMO
IMO That's because she won't set a hearing for it. Why not?

It makes me think there is something in the Franks that she doesn't want to have to make a ruling on and explain how she got there. She needs to do that. MOO

So the hearing is cancelled for tomorrow through Thursday?

So the defense wants hearings and complains the judge won't hold hearings and then they get one, but then want to continue the hearing and it's denied so they file a motion (at the last minute) to remove the judge that would require she respond before having a hearing? So the judge has no choice but to deal with it first before the hearing can be held so now she has to cancel the hearing?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again more games.

That's on Nick because he introduced new discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX