ABC producer paid for George, Cindy Anthony to stay at the Ritz

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my job, I’m often invited out for lunch or dinner at restaurants I’d never go to myself in a million year$, by vendors who want my business.

Very rarely do I accept the invitations, because I don’t want to feel beholden to them for any reason – especially if I have no work to throw in their direction.

But if I found myself in the position the Anthonys did in December, I think I would have accepted that generous offer. At least until I could clear my head and get back in my own house.

They are not in a no win situation.

Once they demand that the person responsible for murdering a child they all supposedly love is held accountable they will be winning.

Instead they stand by the murderer and profit from the act.

I estimate they have lost more than $20,000.00 in wages so far. Not accounting for anything else....who/what is making up these differences for them?
I read back in Dec. the amount spent on that stupid meal...outrageous amount. Wish I could remember.
They probably were upset that Caylee had been found for sure, but for reasons I should not mention here.:eek:

ABC offered.

I gotta agree with Chilly Willy that they didn't care where they stayed.

I agree with Chilly and you Jolynna. I don't think they were thinking at all at that moment. I believe they were on autopilot,and going with the flow,and letting people make decisions for them for that moment when they were in shock.

How was it found out that Jose had steak? Just curious...

I truly appreciate all the supportive comments and I'm very happy to know that some people do, even if they don't agree with me, agree with my right to say what I say. I have not ever met or spoken with the A's. I do not know them and honestly, I don't know if I would like them if I did. I see them as people struggling to deal with circumstances that they didn't create and didn't ask for, under horrible conditions, while the whole world watches and criticizes their every move. There's something in me that forces me to stand up and present alternative and friendlier possibilities.

Patty, I quoted your post because I wanted to be clear about something. I have never stood up for Casey and never will. I believe she will be convicted, as she should be. Believing that George and Cindy aren't horrible people does not affect my feelings about Casey's guilt.

We are all so invested in seeing this girl convicted because it is so clear that she is guilty, that we all our holding our collective breaths when people point out any loopholes. I was watching some lawyer on a cable show do this earlier that it made me want to throw a rock at my TV. It is hard, even when they are paid to be the "devil's advocate" for ratings to hear someone poke holes in this case, cuz we can't stand the thought of Casey getting off for what she so clearly did to her baby. I think she just wants to know if Chilly really feels this way or is just throwing out other possibilities for the sake of discussion. Its all just so emotional.

I myself, come to this forum most often for validation for what seems to me to be the obvious guilt of this young woman. I, too, feel sometimes annoyed when I read what seems to be people sticking up for this girl or her family. But it is just my deep emotion for this. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, of course.

It doesn't surprise me at all that a media organization paid for the Anthony's to stay at a luxury hotel and paid for their meals. The Anthonys were "the get" and that's what media bookers do to woo them to appear on their shows, they pay air fare, room and board and traveling expenses even if they don't pay for interviews directly. For a big multinational media company the amount of money paid is peanuts that they expense off.

I agree with Chilly and you Jolynna. I don't think they were thinking at all at that moment. I believe they were on autopilot,and going with the flow,and letting people make decisions for them for that moment when they were in shock.

How was it found out that Jose had steak? Just curious...

Yet they had the presence of mind to lawyer up before they landed.

I truly appreciate all the supportive comments and I'm very happy to know that some people do, even if they don't agree with me, agree with my right to say what I say. I have not ever met or spoken with the A's. I do not know them and honestly, I don't know if I would like them if I did. I see them as people struggling to deal with circumstances that they didn't create and didn't ask for, under horrible conditions, while the whole world watches and criticizes their every move. There's something in me that forces me to stand up and present alternative and friendlier possibilities.

Patty, I quoted your post because I wanted to be clear about something. I have never stood up for Casey and never will. I believe she will be convicted, as she should be. Believing that George and Cindy aren't horrible people does not affect my feelings about Casey's guilt.

Thank you, Chilly for your response.... When referring to "people" who seem to be sticking up for the perp and/or her family, I am speaking about anyone who may do this, not specifically you. Also, I am not against anyone doing this, we are Americans, just that it grates me...because I so feel sometimes, that the evidence, and I worry about this, can be thwarted by some high priced lawyer and we end up having an OJ. (shudder)

And totally OFF TOPIC....just to fuel the fire...Ann Coulter is on Larry King Live.

I know...surely to God they could have found another guest:furious:

Sorry...you nice folks go back to it...I am reading but just not brave enough to post my feelings,lol:bang:

I'm not Chilly here, but I just think Chilly has a lot of compassion and sees things differently than a lot of folks here. We don't all agree all the time, but Chilly is a good guy/girl. Heck...I don't agree with him/her a lot of the time, but I always value his/her posts. Chilly's alright in my book. :blowkiss:

Hey, I just asked because he/she jumps right in to defend them on even the smallest critisism. And if he/ she were a friend of thiers I wouldnt expect he/she to admit it anyway.

Thank you, Chilly for your response.... When referring to "people" who seem to be sticking up for the perp and/or her family, I am speaking about anyone who may do this, not specifically you. Also, I am not against anyone doing this, we are Americans, just that it grates me...because I so feel sometimes, that the evidence, and I worry about this, can be thwarted by some high priced lawyer and we end up having an OJ. (shudder)

I wouldn't worry about another OJ situation, Patty. I don't think the world will ever again see such a huge miscarriage of justice. At least I hope not. Casey is definitely no OJ.

BTW, from all that I've heard, OJ's mom, Eunice, was a wonderful person.

Hey, I just asked because he/she jumps right in to defend them on even the smallest critisism. And if he/ she were a friend of thiers I wouldnt expect he/she to admit it anyway.

You're mistaken. If I were an A friend not only would I admit it, but I'd have Tricia verify it.

Chilly - I agree with all of your posts this evening.

Im pretty sure you dont have to be a Anthony family member to have non-judgemental human compassion.

I dont care if the Anthonys did fail in many ways, who am I to judge??

:blowkiss:

And totally OFF TOPIC....just to fuel the fire...Ann Coulter is on Larry King Live.

I know...surely to God they could have found another guest:furious:

Sorry...you nice folks go back to it...I am reading but just not brave enough to post my feelings,lol:bang:

Ok, slay me, but I love her, just for her ability with words and shock factor alone. Go Ann! :woohoo:

A) You can stay with your local family members, let them tend to you and eat home cookin'...

OR

B) You can go stay at the flippin' RITZ, gnosh on steak dinners and hang with the PRESS (and let them foot the bill)!

My "gut" tells me choice A is much different from choice B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa