Active shooter YouTube HQ in California, 3 April 2018

This just go to show that all active shooters can sure get guns!

I'm not so sure we can say that her being vegan had anything to do with this shooting.

It probably depends on how long she had been vegan and how well she managed to include sufficient vitamin B12 in her diet.

Folks who eat foods from animal sources usually manage to get enough, though as we get older we become less efficient at using B12 and can become deficient.

Vegans can get sufficient but it takes a lot of careful juggling of a range of foodstuffs fortified with B12 to ensure they include enough in their diet, and many vegans end up needing regular B12 injections to keep themselves topped up.

The bad news is that without sufficient B12 there is a very real risk of long term, even permanent, brain damage. So if she had been vegan for some years and was not getting sufficient B12, it could have affected her judgement and behaviour.

It probably depends on how long she had been vegan and how well she managed to include sufficient vitamin B12 in her diet.

Folks who eat foods from animal sources usually manage to get enough, though as we get older we become less efficient at using B12 and can become deficient.

Vegans can get sufficient but it takes a lot of careful juggling of a range of foodstuffs fortified with B12 to ensure they include enough in their diet, and many vegans end up needing regular B12 injections to keep themselves topped up.

The bad news is that without sufficient B12 there is a very real risk of long term, even permanent, brain damage. So if she had been vegan for some years and was not getting sufficient B12, it could have affected her judgement and behaviour.

Correct regarding the B12 and also B6 and B2. This may seem OT but since some are discussing possible dietary reasons for the shooting,I just added up how many yrs I've been vegetarian or mostly vegan. 45 years as I started at a very young age.
I call myself vegetarian as I do rarely crave dairy but have gone long stretches of years where I consume zero dairy.
I have also went long periods without taking any vitamins and I can't say that I'm the healthiest vegy person around.
I can't say as I have ever felt like shooting anyone as a result of not taking B vitamins but I suppose we are all different.
At any rate I do have my bottle of B vitamins in the fridge so I better get on it...just in case.lol
Eta...good advice on vitamins Melmoth and something to consider.

I do not want to go through a fortress to go to my job. And unless there is some reason, no one should. Sure, a shooting could, in theory, happen at ANY workplace, but it is still rare.

Father of alleged YouTube shooter apologizes: 'I am sorry. I can't believe it'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/father-alleged-youtube-shooter-apologizes/story?id=54251729

"Our family is in the absolute shock and can’t make sense of what has happened," Ismail Aghdam said. "Although no words can describe our deep pain for this tragedy, our family would like to express their utmost regret, sorrow for what happened to innocent victims. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and their families. We are praying for speedy recovery of the injured and ask God to bestow patience upon all persons hurt in this horrific senseless act."

He added, "As our family struggles to cope with this chaotic situation we would like to kindly ask the media to respect our privacy and we thank the authorities."

The only new info from video is two days after 9-11 she got a student pilot certificate. Goes on to say that nothing at this point would indicate she was capable of violent rampage.

Is there an explanation for the Star of David background?

I see no Star of David in the background. All I see are just random six point stars. A star of david is made of two interlocking triangles.

She complained that the number of views on her videos had declined due to YouTube's policy change regarding user content (which she blames on censorship).

Maybe the number of views had declined because her videos basically sucked.

<modsnip> YouTube recommends videos, and those are the videos that get the most hits. YouTube recommends the videos that make them the most money. Those are the ones from YouTubers who have the most subscribers. If you are not in that group, few people are going to see your videos, no matter how good you make them. The only way anyone will see your videos is if they are already subscribed to you, somebody sends them a link, or if they search for the exact information in your video, and even then the search results might ignore your videos.

Police release video of questioning and contact with Nasim Aghdam

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...oter-nasim-aghdam_us_5ad12deae4b077c89ce8b013

They can't find reason in their system as to why she was reported as high risk missing.Noted that she hadn't left home in the past and thought that may have been the reason for high risk.
Also she didn't seem very enthusiastic in her response as to if she wanted to hurt anyone.
Two videos in link. Second video is more detailed.

Police release video of questioning and contact with Nasim Aghdam

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...oter-nasim-aghdam_us_5ad12deae4b077c89ce8b013

They can't find reason in their system as to why she was reported as high risk missing.Noted that she hadn't left home in the past and thought that may have been the reason for high risk.
Also she didn't seem very enthusiastic in her response as to if she wanted to hurt anyone.
Two videos in link. Second video is more detailed.

Here is a YouTube link.

[video=youtube;_5aRnIIicYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aRnIIicYk[/video]

Here is a YouTube link.

[video=youtube;_5aRnIIicYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aRnIIicYk[/video]

There's not much more the officers could do at this point legally, unless the father said she has a gun and threatened to shoot people.

There's not much more the officers could do at this point legally, unless the father said she has a gun and threatened to shoot people.

And it's not clear why she was listed endangered.
Did he hint at that? They are not saying.

Her family believed she wouldn't hurt a fly-literally. So I don't think they were telling police she was a danger to anyone.

Her family believed she wouldn't hurt a fly-literally. So I don't think they were telling police she was a danger to anyone.

I'm not sure we will ever know. In the last link I posted (second video) LE can't find a reason listed in the system as to why she was listed as high risk missing.
They conclude that maybe it was due to her never having left her home in the past and that she didn't take her cell phone with her.
It could be that her father told them of her hatred of youtube after he was told of her location.IMO

I don't think the cops questions were particularly great. "You don't want to hurt yourself, do you? And you don't want to hurt anyone else? You don't want to commit suicide or any thing like that, RIGHT?" Those were all leading questions. They should have probably also asked her if she had any weapons. Of course she could have also refused to answer the questions. But with more questions they might have been able to establish that something was wrong with her.

YouTube shooter asked about a job when she visited the campus a day earlier, police say
Gunman Nasim Aghdam visited the video-sharing company’s campus for about 10 minutes on April 2, according to police, who said she “asked for directions to the main office and was directed to the front desk where she inquired about employment.”

https://www.sanbruno.ca.gov/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=29244
The Dept. has published a press release update regarding the YouTube shooting from last month read it here: bit.ly/2LPHfwa
San Bruno Police on Twitter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back