Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

Jurors wrapped up deliberations for the day Thursday in the retrial of "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson, who is charged with raping three women at his Hollywood Hills home between 2001 and 2003.

The downtown L.A. panel -- which has spent about 5 1/2 days discussing the case and is due back in court Friday morning -- re-heard portions Thursday afternoon of the testimony of one of the alleged victims, who was a former longtime girlfriend of Masterson.

Jurors were handed the case May 17 after just over a day of closing arguments from attorneys.

Ortega's report.

Two counts are unanimous. She asks the foreperson to hand them to thte bailiff, who gives them to the judge.

Clerk reading them.

Count 1: Guilty (plus TRUE on multiple)

Count 2: Guilty (plus TRUE on multiple)

Bijou just wailed, and she's crying.

Judge asks Bijou to maintain her composure.

They're polling the jury. Each of them agree these are their verdicts.

Now, on count three, the judge finds that the the jury is deadlocked on three and declares a mistrial on that third count.

On count three it was 8 to 4. Eight for guilty.

They go over the progression of the vote, and it had gone from 5 to 7 to 8 guilty over time.
Masterson is being handcuffed. Bijou is crying.

Judge explaining that the charges are serious and violent, and so despite his bail, he will be going into custody.

Next hearing August 4.

Masterson was led from the courtroom in handcuffs. The 47-year-old actor faces up to 30 years in prison.

I wish I felt sorry for Bijou, but she has been so smug throughout this whole thing.

I do feel bad for his daughter.

Bijou just wailed, and she's crying.

Judge asks Bijou to maintain her composure.
RSBM

Bijou, remember your $cientology training regarding "Bull-baiting". It should be easy to disassociate after so many years in the cult!

(Yup, it's a real training cour$e where members get harassed in multiple ways and are brainwashed to not react to the abuse).

As the defense pointed out there was no physical evidence so the testimony must have been very convincing in order to hang the first jury and get two guilty verdicts from the second jury.

I feel bad for those gals having to testify twice about something this horrible but it's good to see that it ended up being worthwhile for them.

I know they never believed he was guilty, but did they know he would be taken into custody immedately if the jury found him guilty? Will they retry him on that third count that was hung? Will Sea Org members hear about this? I have so many questions!

I know they never believed he was guilty, but did they know he would be taken into custody immedately if the jury found him guilty? Will they retry him on that third count that was hung? Will Sea Org members hear about this? I have so many questions!
I wonder what must be going through his mind? Is this his first night to be incarcerated? Any ideas on where he'll do his time? I wonder if his 'church' will try to pull strings?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back