Actor Danny Masterson, of 'That 70s Show' charged with raping multiple women *Mistrial 2022* *Retrial 2023 Guilty*

It pretty much reads that way from publications I've seen. I recall DM and his brother were living with their father in NY up until the mother married Joe Reaiche, a professional rugby player in Australia. The newlyweds immediately joined the exclusive Sea Organization within the Church of Scientology, and DM and his brother were sent to Florida to join their mother and Joe. I think DM was about 8 yrs old when his mom remarried and he moved to Florida. MOO
That's so sad. So the mother and TCOS denied them of the chance to have a relationship with their biological father and eventually their step-father.

All of these articles on MSM are stating that Bijou is devasted and treating his conviction like a death. I hope she's not suffering from depression or anxiety, since TCOS doesn't believe in treating those. MOO

Danny Masterson is being held away from the general population and inside a private cell — once occupied by the likes of Suge Knight and O.J. Simpson — while he awaits his sentencing hearing for rape.

The “That ‘70s Show” star is being kept in “administrative segregation” at the L.A. County Men’s Central Jail for his own safety, law enforcement sources told TMZ, citing the high-profile nature of the case.

While there’s no television in his cell, Masterson will be granted two hours per day when he’ll be allowed to visit the day room and have access to a phone and TV. The actor will also have three hours each week for recreation, in addition to having access to the prison library, TMZ reported.

That's so sad. So the mother and TCOS denied them of the chance to have a relationship with their biological father and eventually their step-father.

All of these articles on MSM are stating that Bijou is devasted and treating his conviction like a death. I hope she's not suffering from depression or anxiety, since TCOS doesn't believe in treating those. MOO

I read a biography about DM's mother, a film producer and talent manager and it seems that she met her 2nd husband and/or the step father Joe R at TCOS where they had joined independently of each other.

Also, I don't think we can say whether or not TCOS prevented a relationship with the biological father but we know this to be true of Joe Reaiche by his own account already posted here.

I'm not personally schooled in the ways and means of TCOS but I've noticed a pattern over many years where parents of a certain age and their children become members (such as the Masterson family and Priscella Presley and her late daughter, Tom Cruise and family) where the culture works for them for many years (sense of belonging and support) until it doesn't.

Whether it's emotional and/or mental maturity or experiences outside the church, they leave the organization only to feel betrayed that doing what was best for them is not respected and they are expelled from all-- including their own family members. If somebody strikes you, you have a chance to defend yourself but there's really no defense when somebody withholds communication, love, and affection and/or expels you from their life.

And this isn't limited to TCOS. I think wanting to be part of a "family unit" is human nature whether it be TCOS, the mob, marriage, or a street gang. It's a pledge for life.

I just read about a young woman in her early 20's arrested in Colorado along with several minors representing the gang "Feed the Family" where they are being charged with attempted murder after several drive by shooting incidents last December where the members (minors) were targeting the homes of former girlfriends (minors) that broke off a relationship with a gang member.

Go figure... JMO

I read a biography about DM's mother, a film producer and talent manager and it seems that she met her 2nd husband and/or the step father Joe R at TCOS where they had joined independently of each other.

Also, I don't think we can say whether or not TCOS prevented a relationship with the biological father but we know this to be true of Joe Reaiche by his own account already posted here.

I'm not personally schooled in the ways and means of TCOS but I've noticed a pattern over many years where parents of a certain age and their children become members (such as the Masterson family and Priscella Presley and her late daughter, Tom Cruise and family) where the culture works for them for many years (sense of belonging and support) until it doesn't.

Whether it's emotional and/or mental maturity or experiences outside the church, they leave the organization only to feel betrayed that doing what was best for them is not respected and they are expelled from all-- including their own family members. If somebody strikes you, you have a chance to defend yourself but there's really no defense when somebody withholds communication, love, and affection and/or expels you from their life.

And this isn't limited to TCOS. I think wanting to be part of a "family unit" is human nature whether it be TCOS, the mob, marriage, or a street gang. It's a pledge for life.

I just read about a young woman in her early 20's arrested in Colorado along with several minors representing the gang "Feed the Family" where they are being charged with attempted murder after several drive by shooting incidents last December where the members (minors) were targeting the homes of former girlfriends (minors) that broke off a relationship with a gang member.

Go figure... JMO
TCOS is completely overt in all of their teachings regarding "subversives." They are expected and required to cut off all contact with non TCOS members and members who aren't in good standing. So, someone can have an intact family unit, a robust support system, a true sense of belonging already, but TCOS demands that they cut ties with all non members. It's very sick and twisted, and imo tears down true support systems that an individual might have and fosters complete dependency.

TCOS is completely overt in all of their teachings regarding "subversives." They are expected and required to cut off all contact with non TCOS members and members who aren't in good standing. So, someone can have an intact family unit, a robust support system, a true sense of belonging already, but TCOS demands that they cut ties with all non members. It's very sick and twisted, and imo tears down true support systems that an individual might have and fosters complete dependency.
That shouldn't read subversives. It should state "suppressive," and I can't edit it. Sorry.

Jurors on Friday are expected to re-watch a video that was played during the trial and review a transcript of the interview — their first two requests since they began deliberations.

The Church of Scientology issued a statement late Wednesday criticizing the prosecution’s characterizations of the church’s actions.

“The church has no policy prohibiting or discouraging members from reporting criminal conduct of anyone, Scientologists or not, to law enforcement,” according to the statement. “Quite the opposite, church policy explicitly demands Scientologists abide by all laws of the land. All allegations to the contrary are totally false.”

Sure they do. I bet Shelley Miscavige would attest to that if you asked her, oh wait, nevermind :rolleyes:

Interesting article detailing what TCOS says publicly, vs their actual policies.

That story is by Tony Ortega. A lot of it comes from this interview he did with Joe Reaiche.

Reaiche comes off a bit overly impressed with himself, imo, but he does know how Scientology operates and knows his family relationship. None of his children, including his bio children, have spoken to him since he was kicked out of the church in 2005. He said the church would typically cut off anyone who was convicted of a crime, but in this case Danny's siblings are celebrities too (high status in the church) which makes it more difficult to do that. Reaiche hopes the church would kick them all out so he can see them again.

It will be interesting to see if the conviction does lead to any real repercussions for the church.

Can someone summarize this for me in a sentence or two? Please and thank you.

This activity has been going on for years now but in a nutshell, a civil lawyer (Podberesky) representing the Church in a civil suit by the victims of Masterson is not a party to the criminal case, and not entitled to discovery evidence from the criminal case.

The prosecutor (Mueller) became aware that the Church somehow obtained copies of the actual discovery from the criminal case (pages bate stamped from prosecutor's office) while the criminal trial was still in process after learning the Church sent 12 letters to LA Police Chief Moore, signed by Podberesky -- citing discovery from the criminal case (files attached).

In the letters, the Church alleged all sorts of bogus claims about detectives who investigated Masterson and demanded Chief Moore investigate the claims.

Today, Judge Olmedo determined Masterson's lawyers from the first criminal trial (Mesereau and Appelbaum) were responsible for "leaking discovery" to the Church and/or Podberesky, and sanctioned them $950 each for their (unethical) actions. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back