aggravation phase #9 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw a preview of a 48 hours (new one) on the state website..she says she believes she will not spend a day in jail. boy was she wrong not a day the rest of her life

I heard on HLN last night that ALV was scheduled to testify if they got to this phase. Didn't know if that was still a plan.

That would be (almost!) hysterical. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I sincerely hope not ! She'll be on the stand for a week or more and who knows how many time outs she will issue, or falsehoods.

Wendi Andriano spoke directly to her AZ jury at this point in her trial with papers in hand. I'd love to know what she said. Whatever it was, it didn't work.

Only thing I could find out is that according to a juror Wendi talked about her children. She also looked at the victim's family, said she was sorry and that she had made some bad choices. The jury sentenced her to death inspite of the fact that she was a mother of small children.

In this case I think jurors will be glad to sentence JA to death so she is less likely to ever breed.

Did you guys see that Defense Counsel tried to withdraw from the case during a hearing?

Also at the same hearing, the Defendant's wish to have victim impact statements done through videotape was DENIED also their request for discovery of what the family was going to say during victim impact was DENIED.

I think her attorneys wanted to quit after that stupid after-verdict interview Jodi did.

I'm not quite sure how to read this...but it's not even 6 AM. :)

Discussion is held on Counsel for the Defendant’s Motion to Withdraw.
IT IS ORDERED denying the Motion.

Mel

Did you guys see that Defense Counsel tried to withdraw from the case during a hearing?

Also at the same hearing, the Defendant's wish to have victim impact statements done through videotape was DENIED also their request for discovery of what the family was going to say during victim impact was DENIED.

I think her attorneys wanted to quit after that stupid after-verdict interview Jodi did.

Do you think this might just have been a stall tactic?? Nooo....they would never do that....
:banghead:

I heard on HLN last night that ALV was scheduled to testify if they got to this phase. Didn't know if that was still a plan.

Will the tax payers foot the bill for her to appear?

Tuesday may have been a 'no trial' day, but there was nothing ordinary or mundane about it.

Here's what was happening in JSKS' Chambers:

Minutes1_zpse7644288.jpg

Minutes2_zpscc5346a6.jpg

I believe she was originally supposed to play a large part of a potential mitigation phase, a while ago. I'm sure plans have changed lol.

Hope you all have a good day today. Someone please wave a donut and a fresh coffee under my nose when JSS enters the courtroom to start the proceedings today.

Well I have had three damn donuts and a package of cookies already and I am on a diet. I am blaming it on Jodi.

A special 48 hours tomorrow night. Its called Unravelling jodis Arias Lies.

So, let me get this straight, Sandra Arias is not going to speak on behalf of her daughter, but they're hauling an inmate in so she can? Unbelievable.

I'm not as confident as some here that she will get the DP. I think there's a 50/50 chance. JA is an evil, evil, evil woman, but having said that, I wouldn't want the responsibility of what to do with her life. I think there's a chance this jury could hang on this and they end up having to seat another. :twocents:

Only thing I could find out is that according to a juror Wendi talked about her children. She also looked at the victim's family, said she was sorry and that she had made some bad choices. The jury sentenced her to death inspite of the fact that she was a mother of small children.

In this case I think jurors will be glad to sentence JA to death so she is less likely to ever breed.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm sorry, but narcissistic criminals sometimes are hilarious without trying to be! Feeding your dying of cancer husband pesticide and then beating him in the head 20 times with a wooden stool as he lay on the floor puking up the poison AND stabbing him in the throat while your babies sleep in the other room is A BAD CHOICE? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Makes me feel awesome about some of MY bad choices! :floorlaugh:

My prediction is that Jodi will talk, because she just can't help herself. The only person Jodi loves is Jodi. And while I'm sure her DT will give her talking points and tell her not to stray from them, she just won't be able to help herself. And then the rambling will begin. She will "apologize" and "show remorse", but it will be in such a backhanded passive-aggressive fashion that she will continue to make digs at Travis and family while trying to come off as Little Miss Innocent.

I think Jodi still believes that she can talk herself out of any situation and manipulate the jury. Personally, I don't think they're buying ANY of what she is selling.

Having said that, I'm not convinced that the jury will impose the death penalty.

If the jury does not vote for the death penalty, what happens? Would they be able to vote on LWOP or is it left up to JSS to impose the sentence?

BBM Yup she will talk. I am sure KN and JW have told her she needs to just sit down and shut up, she will talk. I also agree, since she will insist on talking they will tell her what to say and she will ignore them. I don't think she will say she is sorry for killing him. At most she will say she hopes her conviction will allow the family to remember Travis how they want to. Her life has depended on her additude since the trial started and she had stuck with the it's everyones fault but mine tude to the point she did an interview 20 minutes after being convicted. I see no reason to think this phase will be any different.

If anything ALV has helped future DTs in preparing expert witnesses to not appear as 'hired guns.'

Rule #1: Do NOT mention your lacking retirement fund.

Did you catch that yesterday when JM sarcastically referred to Geffner as 'the hired gun'?? Nurmi wanted wanted so much to put up a fuss!!

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member