AK AK - Cynthia Jo St. John, 36, Fairbanks then Denver, Feb. 27, 1995.

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Cynthia Jo St. John – The Charley Project
cynthia_jo_st._john_1.jpg
cynthia_jo_st._john_2.jpg

Cynthia Jo St. John
Missing Since 02/27/1995
Missing From
. Fairbanks, Alaska
Classification
. Endangered Missing
Date of Birth
. 10/21/1958 (60)
Height and Weight
. 5'2, 100 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics
Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Cynthia's maiden name is Watson. She may go by her initials, C.J.

Details of Disappearance
Cynthia was last seen in Fairbanks, Alaska on February 27, 1995. She was employed at a McDonald's restaurant there, and she last had contact with her parents on December 22. She was in Denver, Colorado at the time and called her parents to ask them to wire $500 to her in Fairbanks. She has never been heard from again. Her parents, Clinton S. "Speck" Watson and Lyla Mae Watson, reported her missing.

Clinton and Lyla were shot to death in Mississippi, where they lived, in May 1995. Cynthia's husband, Roger St. John, was charged with their murders, but police couldn't find him.

Later that month, Roger committed suicide by taking a drug overdose in a hotel room in Little Rock, Arkansas. He left a fourteen-page suicide note, confessing to killing the Watsons. He stated he had made several failed attempts at suicide before, and that the Watsons had mistreated Cynthia and driven her to take her own life.

The note didn't say where Cynthia's body was. Roger's statement about his wife's death has not been verified, and investigators believe he may have murdered her as well. A photo of Roger is posted below this case summary.

There's been no sign of Cynthia since February 1995. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and foul play is suspected.

Cynthhia Jo St. John - Alaska Missing Person Directory

Missing
Last seen alive: February 27, 1995

Circumstances: MP last known to be in Fairbanks area 2-27--1995
First Name: Cynthhia Jo
Middle Name: Jo
Last Name: St. John
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 36
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 62.0
Weight: 100.0
State: Alaska
County: Fairbanks North Star
Appearance
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eye: Hazel

:(24-years today your loved ones and friends have been missing you. C.J., it's time for us to bring you home and hopefully this is the year we can do so, finally! :)

Thinking out loud.....

On Dec 22, (1994?) CJ was in Denver, and requested the $500.00 from her parents.

CJ was last seen on Feb 27, 1995, in Fairbanks AK.
I wonder by who?

Her parents, Clinton & Lyla, were murdered in May, 1995, in Mississippi.

I suppose CJ did not contact her parents to acknowledge receipt of the money?
Was LE able to confirm if it was even sent?

We need to narrow down whether CJ's Parents lived in Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Perhaps they had traveled to Mississippi, but did actually live in OK? Conflicting info gets to me every time :p :)

We need to narrow down whether CJ's Parents lived in Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Perhaps they had traveled to Mississippi, but did actually live in OK? Conflicting info gets to me every time :p :)

Same here. I think we're already beginning to figure out why she's still missing.:( I'm hoping she's in an UID post somewhere around here. :)

:eek: Most likely it'll be easy to find her UID thread in a customized listing for Alaska, Colorado, Oklahoma, Mississippi, or a state along the route to or fro any of these, or maybe even other states if there was a detour, trip, or turnaround planned along the route. :confused: Omg, this is a mess. :mad:

We've got to find C.J. so she can lay at rest alongside her parents. Maybe then they'll all 3 finally get to rest in peace. :(

Same here. I think we're already beginning to figure out why she's still missing.:( I'm hoping she's in an UID post somewhere around here. :)

:eek: Most likely it'll be easy to find her UID thread in a customized listing for Alaska, Colorado, Oklahoma, Mississippi, or a state along the route to or fro any of these, or maybe even other states if there was a detour, trip, or turnaround planned along the route. :confused: Omg, this is a mess. :mad:

We've got to find C.J. so she can lay at rest alongside her parents. Maybe then they'll all 3 finally get to rest in peace. :(

That sounds like a plan. Actually sounds like a real life master plan for every single missing, and UID, and anyone else in similar circumstances. There’s sadly just so many.

I guess one at a time, just like all of these recently solved cold cases. Our technology is truly catching up to the amazing potential we can only dream about.

First we need to verify where the parents were killed. See if there might be any information describing where they were. Maybe even the whys.

Was there a possibility that CJ met up with her mom & dad for a vacation? Or, did CJs husband travel with her on a visit? Hence your thoughts about all of the States in between, right?

They would be living together unless there is information saying anything about separation/divorce, right? Another item for clarification.

There is no mention of what he did for a living. Only that CJ worked at the McDonald’s.

This might very well be a 10,000 piece puzzle ❤️

Hmmm. What if CJ wanted out of the marriage? Her husband could have snapped right there in AK, concealed her body, and then made the trip down to Mississippi.

Or, so many ‘ors’, they both made it down to the parents, and he took care of all of them at one time. Parents would not be alive to provide the stories of what took place.

Or, yep, another one, he got boiling mad as they went from AK to MS, and killed CJ along the way.

Oh, wait, do we actually know if they drove? Could they have flown? Ahhhhh

Ugh! STOP. :(:confused: ;) too too too many questions. But here's an idea that might provide answers quicker than we can round up. :)

I wonder if investigators have since visited with any old cell mates of St. John? Perhaps he told stories and for whatever reason the roomy(ies) didn't bother mentioning them after he died.

I'm going to spend some time looking through uid's around U.S. and Canada to see if I can find some matches to sort through. I'll post them all here. Maybe we can link clues from C.J.'s case to another.

It'd be nice if we could get a bio on St. John's past; perhaps old family, friends, GFs, buddies, employers, LEOs, etc. will provide answers. I'm assuming he would have a criminal record. :confused: Who goes kill 2, possibly 3 people? And why?:mad: They all must have known somethjng. ;)MOO

Ugh! STOP. :(:confused: ;) too too too many questions. But here's an idea that might provide answers quicker than we can round up. :)

I wonder if investigators have since visited with any old cell mates of St. John? Perhaps he told stories and for whatever reason the roomy(ies) didn't bother mentioning them after he died.
Great point! But I wonder if LE is even still activity investigating her case? Sorry to come across as a spoiler. Questions and opinions you’ll get from meo_O

"somethjng"

:DDo you like my fancy "i"? Does it make my hips look big?:cool: haha

Great point! But I wonder if LE is even still activity investigating her case? Sorry to come across as a spoiler. Questions and opinions you’ll get from meo_O

:eek:Apologize for stating the obvious?!? haha :D No, they're most likely not. :( BUT! (finger in the air)...If they even still have the case files, they'll pull them down and dust 'em off once all the WSers show up on their front steps. :p

I'm going to spend some time looking through uid's around U.S. and Canada to see if I can find some matches to sort through. I'll post them all here. Maybe we can link clues from C.J.'s case to another.

It'd be nice if we could get a bio on St. John's past; perhaps old family, friends, GFs, buddies, employers, LEOs, etc. will provide answers. I'm assuming he would have a criminal record. :confused: Who goes kill 2, possibly 3 people? And why?:mad: They all must have known somethjng. ;)MOO
Sounds like a good plan. I’m going to see if there’s anything in his record. And maybe if we can find something ‘out there’, we will be able to figure out that ‘why’.

Sounds like a good plan. I’m going to see if there’s anything in his record. And maybe if we can find something ‘out there’, we will be able to figure out that ‘why’.

Perfect! ;)

"somethjng"

:DDo you like my fancy "i"? Does it make my hips look big?:cool: haha
I read, and only caught that spelling in replying to your note. I had no idea what that meant. At first lol. I tried sounding it out thumthing....then I realized it was... IMO as always. Unless there’s a link. In which case I’ll stop now :D

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8489
Female/Uncertain

Date Found. Nov. 3, 1999
Location Found. Astoria, Oregon
Estimated Age Range. 16-30 Years

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-30
Estimated Year of Death 1998-1999
Estimated PMI. 1 Years
Height. 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight. 110 lbs, Estimated
Hair Unknown
Eyes Unknown

Other distinctive physical characteristic
preauricular sulcus observed anterior and inferior to the auricular surface. This may indicate association with childbirth

Clothing
Degraded Levi 501 jeans, size 33 x 34, medium sized "Xileration" brand belt, black leather with a silver "peace" symbol buckle; ribbed socks.

Original

Street Address
McGregor Road, 1.5 miles N. of Hwy 26 Near Milepost 29
Astoria, Oregon 97103
Clatsop County

Circumstances of Recovery
On November 3, 1999, mushroom pickers discovered partial skeletal remains of a deceased female off Highway 26 near milepost 29 on McGregor Road. The remains had been exposed to the elements for at least a year, and extensive animal scavenging had occurred.

Inventory of Remains
One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

5 images; 6 exclusions.

I've not yet reviewed any other of these UIDs moreso than somewhat matching their physical/jurisdiction similarities with C.J.. I'm just posting them here for references.

Google Maps

Astoria, OR to Fairbanks.

If I ever would, which I really never wanted nor probably never will want to go Alaska:oops:...I'm never coming back. :confused: :eek: A 44-hour drive!o_O I can't imagine a trip that long with that man. Not even flying. :(

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3465
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Found. April 22, 1997
Location Found. WALNUT PARK, California
Estimated Age Range 28-47 Years
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range. (Years)28-47
Estimated Year of Death. 1997
Height. 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight. 107 lbs, Measured
Hair Color. Brown
Head Hair Description. DYED RED - ORIGINAL COLOR BROWN
Eyes. Unknown - 0RANGE SHIRT, WHITE BRA - On the Body

WALNUT PARK, California 90255
Los Angeles County

VICTIM F0UND DUMPED IN THE CITY 0F WALNUT PARK, CA

Inventory of Remains. All parts recovered
Condition of Remains. Not recognizable - Charred/burned
O images; 3 comparisons

In the very slim chance she survived beyond St. John's suicide. :confused: Just a reference.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1486
Female, Uncertain
Date Found. May 29, 1996
Location Found. Pennsauken Township, New Jersey
Estimated Age Range. 25-50 Years
Estimated Age Group. Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-50
Estimated Year of Death. 1995-1996
Estimated PMI. Weeks
Height. 5' 5"(65 inches) , Estimated
Weight 90 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color Brown
Hair Description Relatively fine, wavy brown hair, medium length.
Eyes. Brown

Distinctive Physical Features
Finger and toe nails
Chipped purple polish on fingernails.
Ears are pierced.
Scar/mark - None noted.

Clothing - Striped pullover sleeveless shirt, "Made in USA Large". Sports bra, "Natur-elle 34". - On the Body

Jewelry - Silver colored ring on right index finger having an empty setting at the lower end with six ovals as a crescent above it. Engraved in the back of the ring is "Avon C". Fine, metal ring on the index finger of the left hand. In left ear is a pierced earring having a heart as the central component. No earring in right ear.

Street Address
Petty's Island
Pennsauken Township, New Jersey
Camden County

Body was found in Delaware River at Petty's Island, Pennsauken Township, NJ.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

1 image; 0 exclusions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members