AK AK - David Michael Borer, 8, Willow, 25 April 1989

I wonder if David is the young man in the mysterious photo that was thought to be Tara Calico and the boy was never identified. The boy in the van and David look similar and the time frame from David going missing and the photo being found are close.

It is kind of weird that a 6 year old would 'hitchhike' so far away from home, I wish they gave a little more detail about that. Was the boy confused from his hometown name - Willow and accidentally stated Wasilla? Also, what about the person or people giving a little kid a ride so far away? Granted this happened two years before he disappeared, just seems odd.

mystery photo: Mysterious Polaroid Picture: The Disappearance of Tara Calico

charley project: David Michael Borer – The Charley Project

It is kind of weird that a 6 year old would 'hitchhike' so far away from home, I wish they gave a little more detail about that. Was the boy confused from his hometown name - Willow and accidentally stated Wasilla? Also, what about the person or people giving a little kid a ride so far away? Granted this happened two years before he disappeared, just seems odd.

Even in 1989, there was already more awareness about child abduction, so I don't understand how he'd be allowed to hitchhike on his own at that young age. But maybe this was accepted in smaller towns because everyone knew each other?

But yes I agree. I wish we knew more. Did he hitchhike with or without parental permission/knowledge? Did he just want to go somewhere, or was he trying to run away? The Charley Project says his parents were separated when he disappeared. Was he upset about that? Was he trying to get to the other parent? Running away from the situation? I feel like we need more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back