AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe my husband and I ‘ran into’ Israel Keyes on the Arethusa Falls trail in Crawford Notch, NH sometime between 2008 and 2010.

http://www.hikenewengland.com/Arethusa090221.html

I have contacted the FBI with my information and have heard nothing so in the interest of hopefully adding useful information and ultimately finding more victims this is my story.

We were out hiking on a nice day in New Hampshire and the day stands out because of this incident. We made our way up to the falls, snapped a couple of photos and started working our way back. Due to the traffic on the trail we decided to take the Bemis trail back. Not far back to the trailhead a man walks up to us, heading towards the falls, wanting to know if our Boston terrier was a pug. I squatted down to control our dogs and he and my husband chatted. He gave me a very bad feeling, and I didn’t like him being between us and the trailhead so I started working my way past him, which he didn’t seem to like. I noticed he was wearing tan shorts, a black t-shirt, black army type boots with black socks and was carrying a big, black backpack. The most disconcerting thing however was what appeared to be a pistol at his waist covered with a tan hand towel. He had short curly dark hair and the smoothest, hair free skin I have ever seen. He made every hair on my body stand up and scream “RUN!”. I worked my way around him, which made him declare me unfriendly, and we started walking briskly for the parking area.

I was shaken up and talked about it for days to everyone in earshot but eventually that faded away. Until the Curriers came up and I started talking about this guy again to the hubby, which is when he mentions seeing him at the falls before we saw him on the trail! So I dug up the photos and well……you be the judge.

Compared to his arrest photo from here: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20121209/NEWS02/312090023/SPECIAL-REPORT-When-the-killing-ended-The-capture-of-Israel-Keyes-Currier-Samantha-Koenig-Anchorage-Texas-Arizona-serial-killer-Ted-Bundy

(photo by KTRE-TV 9, Lufkin, Texas)

Our original photo - by Lucky's DH:

Unfortunately, we never set the date/time on the camera so I have no way to know for sure if this was during one of his trips.

The fact that he was at the falls when we were means he went back down Arethusa Falls trail and intercepted us on Bemis Brook – the far quieter leg and just before the parking area. I have to wonder if he was going to force us back to the parking area or shoot us there on the trail. He may well have followed us home……..

Re: the unknown person abducted either in, or near, NY state in April 2009 who he then disposed of in NY .. .the timeline makes it basically SIMPLE to figure out who this was, as long as theyr'e in some kind of database. I can't believe they didn't get this one figured out already. Here's why:

Flew from Seattle, WA to Manchester, NH on 4/7/2009. Rented a vehicle and put 1,047 miles on it.

Checked into Handy Suites motel in Essex, VT for a 2-night stay on 4/8/2009. Buried kill kit for later use (Curriers, 2011).

Sometime before the 10th, he abducts someone from an East Coast state and murders the person, dumping the body in upstate New York.

Robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, NY on 4/10/2009.

Left Manchester, NH on 4/14/2009.

IF FBI estimates of him killing this person BEFORE 4/10 are correct, we know this person went missing on 4/7 from NH, or 4/8 or 4/9 from VT, or 4/10 from NY basically.

EVEN IF the estimate of him abducting and killing someone BEFORE the bank robbery on 4/10 is wrong, then we still can narrow it down to someone who went missing between 4/10 - 4/14 from NY or a state between NY and NH (LE already said it's NY or a nearby state anyway).

How hard can that be? I think it's simply the lack of a good database that's to blame for this.

Going off my above post, I'm searching NamUs right now. Its a start anyway.

They have nobody going missing in April, 2009 from NY state, Massachussettes, New Hampshire, Maine, or Vermont so far.

One person in Connecticut went missing on 4/6/2009 in the wee hours of the morning, from her home. She didn't take anything with her - her clothing is listed as a nightgown and a jacket. But this doesn't REALLY work because he flew into NH from WA on 4/7/2009.

In Pennsylvania we have someone who went missing on 4/14/2009. But could he have been down in Philly and then back up in Manchester, NH to take his flight out both on 4/14? I doubt it.

Hm. The person must not be in NamUs then because I think those are all the states that are reasonable to search. I guess I can do New Jersey real quick, too --

hmm there IS one from 4/8/2009 in Hackensack NJ. But he was up in VT checking in to Handy Suites on 4/8 for a two night stay.

*sigh*

ok well nothing so far.

TImeline check:

Flew from Los Angeles, CA to Belize on 10/3/2005. No known rental car. Left Belize on 10/31/2005.

< 10/21/2005 - Terry and Darleen Anderson are murdered in their home in Mongo, Indiana >

Okay I have to say even for IK, this just isn't likely. JMO

GGE Why in the world would you say this case is not likely the work of Keyes???... I have often thought about the Anderson's....it is highly likely this would have been Keyes.....Seculeded area home, shot and beat, and all you have to do is look at the items that was taken...Guns, Knives and Gold Coins...I can almost all the items in one of his kill kits.....and it sure fits the way Keyes worked...........You are just going by this timeline.....to be perfectly honest, after reading and studying Keyes..it means absolutely nothing to me because it is only what authorities got on a piece of paper....I know this was not in the timeline...but as sneaky as he was How can they prove he was in Belize all this time???......Yes he had tickets and flew in, then out but knowing Keyes, he could have just as easily took a boat back into the US...I just can't see Keyes being anywhere for the length of time they have it, he didn't even stay home for those amount of time.....I can easily see Keyes doing this crime....and if you study this case there was much talk about seeing vehicles and across the road you could...I feel perhaps Keyes was in one of his rental vehicles and he wanted to start killing couples....Very much possible Keyes could have done this case

Have you worked out how he managed to kill the lady and her daughter at the Boca Raton mall in FL on 12/12 and then Ed Ratynski in upstate NY on 12/13? BOTH while driving a rental car that was rented in Indianapolis and returned in Indianapolis and only had 537 miles put on it?

Because I can't quite figure that out yet.

imes Herald-Record
Published: 2:00 AM - 01/11/08
SOUTH FALLSBURG — Armed with an auger, a chain saw and scuba equipment, a state police dive team yesterday continued the search for a missing Goshen native thought to have gone ice fishing just before he disappeared in December.

Edward A. Ratynski Jr., 53, was reported missing Dec. 18 from the South Fallsburg boardinghouse he had moved to recently. He was last seen on Dec. 12.

"The last person that spoke to him said he was going to check the ice," said state police Senior Investigator Michael Orrego.

GGE, I believe you have the dates mixed up...he ws last seen on the 12th but that does not mean he died on the 12th...he was reported missing on the 18th and the year is wrong also

I was just reading about Terry and Darleen on one of the websleuths forums, Terry's daughter (username: 'Rosco') posted on the October 23 last year a speech she had made at the 7 year memorial of the couple's deaths. She mentioned that the couple had a dog who was chained in the yard, the dog was unharmed.
Keyes said he would look for places without children or dogs. A chained dog may be less of a threat than an unchained one, but the dog was apparently larger, and there is no way to know if a dog is going to start barking if someone unknown shows up on their territory.
From this, plus the dates, I'm also going to say that this case is unlikely to have been Keyes.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77189&page=28 (link to the page where 'Rosco' posted her speech)

GGE Why in the world would you say this case is not likely the work of Keyes???... I

Because he was in Belize. That's not even in America. They would have a record if he flew back sooner.

ETA - if you're going to ignore his credit card transactions, cellphone pings, and passport usage then what ARE you going by to help corroborate likely cases with known facts? Just curious.

imes Herald-Record
Published: 2:00 AM - 01/11/08
SOUTH FALLSBURG &#8212; Armed with an auger, a chain saw and scuba equipment, a state police dive team yesterday continued the search for a missing Goshen native thought to have gone ice fishing just before he disappeared in December.

Edward A. Ratynski Jr., 53, was reported missing Dec. 18 from the South Fallsburg boardinghouse he had moved to recently. He was last seen on Dec. 12.

"The last person that spoke to him said he was going to check the ice," said state police Senior Investigator Michael Orrego.

GGE, I believe you have the dates mixed up...he ws last seen on the 12th but that does not mean he died on the 12th...he was reported missing on the 18th and the year is wrong also

I've seen you quote that part of that article before. It's one of the articles I referenced when I wrote my own article on Ed Ratynski. We will just have to agree to disagree here.

(ETA - what do you mean "the year is wrong"? what year? where? Your Boca Raton mall lady was killed 12/12/2007, Ed was last seen on 12/12/2007. What I got wrong was the day.. I allowed IK 24 hours to get from Florida to upstate NY, which I should not have. These individuals were last seen on the same day. Oops.)

"Edward had just recently moved into the boardinghouse that he was seen leaving that day. He was a native of Goshen, New York who had been forced to move to Fallsburg three months earlier due to recent unemployment. According to his daughter, Jennifer Bradley, Edward was also recently disabled.

Mr. Ratynski had no vehicle, and his bank account has not been used since he disappeared."

http://missingpersonsnews.com/fallsburg-ny-still-missing-edward-ratynski/

ok he had no vehicle. nobody accessed his bank account. he was unemployed, SO down on his luck he had been forced to move into a boardinghouse wher he was surrounded by lots of people all the time. And he was RECENTLY DISABLED which meant he wasn't all climbing up to some secluded high terrain in the ice and snow to some trail head or something.. in fact he went to a pond that was right nearby and was commonly used for ice fishing.

So IK would get no money out of this, there was no car to use to take Ed somewhere in and kill him, the location was not ANYTHING like the locations he chooses, and we have a sketch that puts him on the opposite side of the country on the same exact day. He killed women for sex and men for money, or because they were in the way. This guy would not provide him with sex OR money. Nor was he in the way while his female companion was murdered, because there WAS no female companion.

I will just never, ever agree on this.

Interesting. I notice a cluster around Chicago yet none are even actually in Illinois, they're all just across the border into Wisconsin.

IK flew into Chigaco from time to time... I'm going to start with these. (oh they only go back to December 2012 for this state. I hope this entire website isn't just current crimes. :( )

ETA - I can't find anything before December 2012 on this FBI bank robbery site, so this isn't going to help one bit. How frustrating.

I almost say he was probably homeless at this time if not staying with Cheyne Kehoe or his relatives
GGE....I will say you have to get into the whole KEYES......and that includes people like his childhood friends Chevie and Cheyne....I hope you are familiar with these 2 men and then the father was also arrested for murder, Chevie said nothing but HATE was ever talked about in his homelife....If Kirby Kehoe talked like this to his kids...Did Keyes Father teach the same...YES....I feel it was very possible...The Kehoe's and Keyes were friends, went to the same church and (2)...I stress 2 of the Keyes brothers were seen at an Aryan Nation Meeting and that would have been when Keyes was right at 14 yrs. Old.....

Alright, digndoodle and anyone else who knows a bit about the Kehoes, can you tell me more about their connections to IK? The more I read about these people the more interested I am in finding out more. Thanks!

I find it interesting that ISRAEL is an anagram of SERIAL and vice versa.

Just a casual observation on a slow day here at WS.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Serial-killer-reportedly-connected-to-white-supr-182058761.html

"SPLC&#8217;s HateWatch blog says Keyes was a childhood friend of the Kehoes. The two families lived less than a mile apart and considered each other friends, a Stevens Co. source tells the site.

The Kehoes identified with a church called The Ark, located near both families&#8217; homes, according to this source. The Ark preaches white people are the superior race and claims modern-day Jews are descendents of Satan. SPLC suggests the Keyes family might have given their son the name Israel based on their belief in the Christian Identity church.

The Stevens Co. source went on to tell SPLC the relationship between Keyes and the Kehoe brothers continued into their teen years. Authorities say they might have even attended a rally together in the early 90s targeting racists and neo-Nazis in Stevens Co".

I found it interesting that Keyes lived in several remote places VERY close to the Canadian border, and are in, near or associated with native reserves or tribes.

The town were Keyes grew up, Colville WA, is only 30 miles from the Canadian border. The Colville tribe was originally from around the Colville area, however the reserve lands are further west. The Inchelium district of the reserve is quite close to Colville.

The Colville tribe is associated with the Canadian tribes in the southern Okanagan.

In 1997 Keyes bought the property in Constable NY. This is only about 2 miles from the Canadian border and very close to the St. Regis Mohawk reservation (Akwesasne).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Regis_Mohawk_Reservation

<in the original post there was a quote that says Native Americans can pass freely across the US-Canada border.>

And, of course, Keyes was employed from 2001 to 2007 by the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay WA, which is directly across the Strait of Juan de Fuca from Vancouver Island in BC.

While it wouldn't have been that easy to sneak across the border from Neah Bay, it certainly would be from the other two locations. Perhaps his choice of property in NY state was partly influenced by the ease to flee over the border if LE was on his trail, or to mask his travels.

Jumping off this post... I've been thinking...

Way up on the left corner of the US is Washington. As pointed out above, he liked to situate himself on the border of the US and Canada, like when he lived in Washington. We know he utilized this connection with Canada on the western side of the US, for example we know he went through British Columbia at least once by car based on FBI timeline. We know he went through Canada over there simply because of where Alaska is and he would drive it sometimes.

Way up on the right corner of the US is Maine. His parents lived up there, and he owned a home in Constable, NY which is likewise in the extreme northeastern US. The FBI timeline likewise shows him on the east coast fairy often.

But nobody asks how he utilized his close proximity to Canada on the RIGHT side of the country.

Not only did he show up in the eastern US when visiting family in Maine or going to his house in upstate NY, the FBI timeline also shows him making a trip to Indianapolis and renting a car... the FBI map that has radii drawn out to illustrate how far he could've gone on the miles on his rental car show his ability to have gone into canada on the east coast at least a couple of times when he was over this way.

Check this out:

IMO, he didn't set up the four corners for nothing (top US left, top US right, bottom Canada left, bottom Canada right).

We have to look at all the missing people in Montreal, Ottowa, and Toronto.

ETA: and bank robberies!

Because he was in Belize. That's not even in America. They would have a record if he flew back sooner.

ETA - if you're going to ignore his credit card transactions, cellphone pings, and passport usage then what ARE you going by to help corroborate likely cases with known facts? Just curious.

GGE, I'm not going to argue with anyone, that is not why I joined here....He did not use Credit cards...he plainly said he ALWAYS used cash, and he always turned his cell phone OFF, He called it GOING BLACK when he was on a trip to commit a crime, and if I was guessing he used one of his alias's he was known for using on a passport....He had lots of various names he was known to use...So he definitely cannot be traced accurately with credit cards, cell phone pings nor passports

My husband passed away Sat. Evening and I may not be on much for awhile, but talk keeps coming up about his NY Home.....The neighbors ALL told the TV Crew and upon interview that they had never saw him there, but that an amish family had lived there a short time, the man had went into a store there and the lady working said he was very polite but asked if she could tell him where there was a dentists that did not require x-rays, she stated she thought that very odd and other neighbors said they had seen the amish family going down the road close to the house with their kids...Then the clerk stated that not long after this Federal Authorities came into the same store and was asking if they had seen this family and what they knew about them......My personal opinion is that this was someone in the Keyes family that was down on luck...If you remember seeing photo's of this home...It was all growed up and the house was not fit to live in, sunk in roof, windows broken out and etc....but the neighbors said all of a sudden this family was gone....so the Feds was after this family but I wonder Why???...to my knowledge no-one has talked about Who they felt this was, what were they authorities looking for them???

As GGE says we all have different insights to this person and his crimes, as I said I don't put everything I have found and learned on the Timeline, as I said this came out a very short time after his supposedly suicide, APD knew they had done a bad bad thing and I feel they put it out quick to try and prove they were UP on this case and in the 2nd released timeline you can see they have linked to more places...so the full timeline of IK will be more I'm sure

<modsnip>
If an administrator will be so kind as to tell me what or how much info I can share or can just anyone come and read posts here I would greatly appreciate it

I'm sorry, digndoodle, I didn't mean to come across argumentative, and I'm so very sorry to hear about your recent loss. My sincerest condolences to you, what sad news.

By way of explanation for my posting tone.. I tend to have intense conversations at times. I lean in closer to people and talk a little faster and louder and whatnot, it's a sign of me being very interested, I didn't mean to sound rude or hostile at all. I love websleuths because intelligent people post here and I love being able to have conversations with people who put so much thought and effort into making their opinions heard. I will try harder in the future not to come across as though i'm trying to be difficult.

Very sorry to hear of your loss digndoodle. My deepest condolences.
I feel they put it out quick to try and prove they were UP on this case and in the 2nd released timeline you can see they have linked to more places...so the full timeline of IK will be more I'm sure

Some say IK did not stalk his victims....NOT TRUE......I am in contact with one of his stalking victims, and I will say to this day they are very frightened and only recently did they begin to open up, it's a little at a time, but I'm patient....maybe once a week or twice a week they will contact but they definitely knew IK and he stalked them for quiet a period of time both in US and Canada and what a story they have,

Completely, totally, 5000% agree digndoodle. I know LE is stating he didn't target certain people (dog owners, parents etc) but how do you trust a sociopath? HE LIED! Because (IMHO) he didn't want his loved ones to find out the true extent of his crimes. Better to die with them believing he only killed a few people. He also mentions in his interviews (IIRC) that he didn't want the details of what was done to the bodies getting out. I believe he stalked me, I believe he followed us home that day after seeing us at Arethusa and tried to enter my home during his June 2011 trip to the east coast. My home break-in occurred on June 20, 2011 and he supposedly flew back on the 16th, however he had other trips where he would get home and immediately turn around and leave again. We were living south of Conway, NH, the route he would have taken to get to Maine from VT, and Arethusa is in Crawford Notch, where he said he burned the Currier's items. I think he stashed a kill kit up there. I also believe there was nothing random about his choices. I think his choices were absolutely calculated and chosen because they reminded him of someone in his life. What they say about the Currier's house is 'bunk' IMO. There was nothing remote about that house, the neighbors are very close and there was nothing special about the house. I think it was Elaine Currier that drove that incident. I think she reminded him of his mother. He saw her, stalked her, and finally killed her when he got ready, but only once he was ready - drawing it out was part of the fun for him.

All IMHO....of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member