AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think Sam is haphazardly disposed of in a snow bank. What could be in that shed now, that was left there the first time the house was searched? Is it possible that James Koenig is a police officer?

Doubt it lol Truck driver .. his history wouldn't allow him to be a cop and if this is a cop's child mountains would have been moved and Texas temps would have been dragged up there to melt the snow. AND cops wouldn't have taken heir time looking at the CCTV footage and ..... a million other things. There would not be a cop not working on the case, even in their own time.

The shed call hold nothing at all or been a storage place for things that "may" have been thrown in there - tools clothes etc

High tide that night was at 3:48 am approx., so still very dark. However, it wasn't a "high" high tide, so I am not sure how easy it would be to get a body out to deep enough water. If it involved the mud flats at all I would rule it out. It is dangerous enough with just your weight, not to mention adding another 120 pounds.

On Wednesday February 1st there were intermittent closures on the Seward Highway south of Anchorage due to avalanches. There was quite a bit of snow south of Anchorage that day and night. I would bet that there were road crews out all night monitoring avalanche danger.

My opinions.

So high tide occurred 48 minutes after car was broken in to. As soon as high tide peaks the water starts receding ... what is the undertow like? I imagine the water would be ice and water no? I body will sink pretty quick in cold water and not surface until it warms.

is there water before the road closure areas? (going on a whim here - have no knowledge of Alaskan waters, just lakes here lol)

You may be referring to turnigan arm. That is down towards girdwood. I eluded to that earlier. It has ice in it. Slush and explorer sized chunks. The large tides keep it moving all the time. When we go down that way in winter we always stop and watch it. The sound it makes is cool. The chunks banging into each other, the slush etc it is impressive.
I told my wife once that next time my dinner wasn't cooked or cold she would swim with the fishes there.
In an hour and a half round trip it would be feasible to do. And IMO the best place close. Especially in winter, and dark. Cars travel that road but no many that late at night in the winter. And there are always people stopped at pullover along that road, so it wouldn't be strange to see someone parked there.
If. If that is the location no one will ever find anything now. The ice,, the tides, no boats out there, nothing to see from a plane. And months later, it would be gone.

IMO it seems that alot of criminals go somewhere they are familiar with and feel comfy at. And that is their undoing. Security in a stressful time clouds judgement. The pshcopaths have such better crimes because they don't get flustered and remain calm and rational. Maybe IK kept his head about him and thought it out logically and quickly and kept calm and used what he figured was best place. IMO.

I have no idea how I missed this post lol Please read what I have said after yours and see if it makes sense to you? My wording may not be correct though. Others have made some good points to say why is couldn't be too, or are we all talking different areas?

High tide that night was at 3:48 am approx., so still very dark. However, it wasn't a "high" high tide, so I am not sure how easy it would be to get a body out to deep enough water. If it involved the mud flats at all I would rule it out. It is dangerous enough with just your weight, not to mention adding another 120 pounds.

On Wednesday February 1st there were intermittent closures on the Seward Highway south of Anchorage due to avalanches. There was quite a bit of snow south of Anchorage that day and night. I would bet that there were road crews out all night monitoring avalanche danger.

My opinions.

You are absolutely right about the avalanches. I remember how bad that area was when I lived up there.

Typically the avalanches occur further down the road than the pull offs. The area around anchorage is mud flats and shallow. The spots along the pull offs are not.
Google turnigan arm bore tide. The tide comes in so fast in the pull off area that it creates a wave big enough to surf on.

The ice would make anything floating or mixed in impossible to see.

Go to you tube. Search turnagin winter tide flow. Video of the outgoing tide

Not ONE person has come forward to talk negative about IK?
There are pages bashing JK's behavior re: the reward fund.
There are pages bashing CB and a few dedicated to TMC.

Anyone else find it totally bizarre that the one guy the police are honed in on has zero enemies and has been called a hard worker and honest more than a few times by people who paid him and not one complaint? <modsnip>

Seems really really odd.

The other interesting thing is that nobody from IKs past appears willing to talk about him. The press has apparently made numerous attempts to contact the people he worked for with the Makah Tribe in Neah Bay and nobody will talk to them. Same goes for IK's infantry commander at Ford Hood.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html

Typically the avalanches occur further down the road than the pull offs. The area around anchorage is mud flats and shallow. The spots along the pull offs are not.
Google turnigan arm bore tide. The tide comes in so fast in the pull off area that it creates a wave big enough to surf on.

The ice would make anything floating or mixed in impossible to see.

So it is possible timewise and all?

So it is possible timewise and all?

IMO this is improbable. The highway is still busy even at night. This is the only road between Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula. Girdwood, a popular ski area is on the way. The pullouts don't just hang over the water, you would have to somehow get a body over a guardrail or at least scramble over rocks for a ways in the ice and snow.

I think it would be easier to go north or all the way south.

What would have happened if the boyfriend wasn't late that night. Keyes leaves on vacation the next morning. That leads me to believe if it was Keyes, it was a spur of the moment act.

Surely they've checked out Keyes' alibi for 8pm Feb 1. His partner must have said he wasn't home until very late. How did he cover the crime in a few short hours and know LE wouldn't come looking for him while he was on vacay. He knew he was on tape.

What would have happened if the boyfriend wasn't late that night. Keyes leaves on vacation the next morning. That leads me to believe if it was Keyes, it was a spur of the moment act.

Surely they've checked out Keyes' alibi for 8pm Feb 1. His partner must have said he wasn't home until very late. How did he cover the crime in a few short hours and know LE wouldn't come looking for him while he was on vacay. He knew he was on tape.

Do we know for sure he went on vacation on Feb 2 or is that from the dog sitter commenter? It does make it seem like a spur of the moment.

IMO this is improbable. The highway is still busy even at night. This is the only road between Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula. Girdwood, a popular ski area is on the way. The pullouts don't just hang over the water, you would have to somehow get a body over a guardrail or at least scramble over rocks for a ways in the ice and snow.

I think it would be easier to go north or all the way south.

Personally, if it were me, I'd probably go north of Wasilla or east of Palmer. There's a lot of sparsely populated territory out there.

I wish we could confirm whether or not he really left the next morning. I'm a few days behind the rest of you, so please bear with me. When did the dog sitter say he/she was contacted? I don't think it was a spur of the moment crime, and I'm wondering if the "vacation" was part of the plan.

Many criminals are arrogrant. He might have been confident that whatever he did to obscure his face in the video would keep him from being recognized, but if LE did come looking for him, he'd be gone. I suspect the SO has been cooperating with LE. She's probably had some lightbulb moments since his arrest remembering events that seemed odd but unimportant previously, but now are falling into place. In fact, she might have provided the info that led to the seizure of the storage shed. :moo:

The other interesting thing is that nobody from IKs past appears willing to talk about him. The press has apparently made numerous attempts to contact the people he worked for with the Makah Tribe in Neah Bay and nobody will talk to them. Same goes for IK's infantry commander at Ford Hood.

That's not unusual, imo. Many people are reluctant to talk to reporters because they don't want their names forever linked in a google cache to a man who might end up being a kidnapper/rapist/murderer/bank tobber/ATM thief. It doesn't mean they haven't talked to LE.

I wish we could confirm whether or not he really left the next morning. I'm a few days behind the rest of you, so please bear with me. When did the dog sitter say he/she was contacted? I don't think it was a spur of the moment crime, and I'm wondering if the "vacation" was part of the plan.

Many criminals are arrogrant. He might have been confident that whatever he did to obscure his face in the video would keep him from being recognized, but if LE did come looking for him, he'd be gone. I suspect the SO has been cooperating with LE. She's probably had some lightbulb moments since his arrest remembering events that seemed odd but unimportant previously, and now are falling into place. In fact, she might have provided the info that led to the seizure of the storage shed. :moo:

Totally agree with the planned vacation. It also goes to serve so he could say "I was boooked on a flight at 6 a.m. the morning after, why would I do this?" or similar.
The owners of the coffee shop saw that video and said that he went to great lengths to hide himself (we don't know how). Police have said that the Footage did not pin him as the abductor. They couldn't even tell if he was actually wearing a cap, they said maybe a cap and a hoodie.
I am not to keen to let SO off the hook here completely, I doubt very much that she assisted in all of this but jusdging from his priors and history I am thinking he made some stupid decisions to someone out of trouble. But you may well be right too. They seem to have been together for a while. She may be co-operating with police but she may know nothing. His hours of work were probably not 9-5, coming home late may be the norm. The night before a vacation there are always a million things to do.

I am unsure when the dogsitter was asked to mind them.

I keep going back to CA ... look at her history that came out from day 31 till her trial. People came out of the woodwork questioning her actions. Yet with this guy ... nada.

But why all of this NOW?? :waitasec:This makes me wonder..did LE get a tip? They already searched the house (and Im assuming they also searched the shed),so why go back now and remove the shed? Do ya'll think perhaps some of the evidence gathered pointed them to something "happening" in the shed? Sorry...Im seriously jacked up on cold medicine..pardon me if this has already been discussed. AHHHH CHOOOOO...sniffle.:blushing:

Or it could be the opposite,they haven't found enough and need more evidence.

Something just dawned on me, what if evidence in the car is samathas phone? We never did find out where it was. Since she had a cubby hole for her things - like purse, maybe she kept her cell phone in her pocket (easier to answer while working)

Updated article with a bit more information.

The Anchorage Police Department and FBI are collaborating on the Koenig case, said FBI spokesman Eric Gonzalez.

"Obviously we're processing the shed with APD. This is obviously tied to the abduction of Samantha Koenig," Gonzalez said. "This is a joint investigation. We're working very closely with each other."

AND

"Paul Adelman said he hired Keyes in 2008 after seeing an ad on Craigslist to help build an apartment building just off the Delaney Park Strip. Keyes was a hard worker who talked about bringing his daughter to Alaska from somewhere in the Lower 48, Adelman said.

Adelman described Keyes as "absolutely honest and reliable and a person who was, in my opinion, utterly trustworthy."

"As far as I'm concerned, Israel is as honest as the day is long," said Adelman, who recommended Keyes to others because of his good work."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html#storylink=cpy

The comments are interesting on this article...

The police in this article confirm the shed was taken as part of a homicide or kidnapping investigation. And an article next to it says IK was part of the abduction. Seriously, I can't figure out the news, the APD are all over the place. When they searched IK's house the first time, did they search the shed? Did it get secured at that point? Who has had access to it since then...

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/Keyes-Home-Stripped-by-Law-Enforcement-145312645.html

I still think IK is an undercover agent. LOL.

I don't want to debate the details, (well...I do, but I don't think we can) but has there been another "kidnapping" that has had this much drama over the reward? Also wondering if its typical for people to send the family money for living expenses? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGingerSnoop