AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was using the card as a payment, and the name on the card was James Koenig, wouldn't alarm bells go off? But Duane was careful to keep his last name out of the news. If this card belongs to a person close to SK, whose PIN she might know, more likely Duane's than James... If that is the scenario at all.

Sorry, first cup of coffee ramblings.

Well, not sure if we are allowed to talk about this but, Duane's father seems pretty sketchy.

ThenIshould have said: it is a term that cops use all the time and good reporters never do :)

It actually means taken without proof, in legal speak it can get you out of trouble copwise. Pedantics.

I know what it means. And I see very good reporters use it, especially in our local paper and on the nightly news. I don't hear cops use it very often, as a matter of fact, far less than reporters do, but lawyers use it all the time.

Looks like Keyes is on his way back to Anchorage.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/israel-keyes-being-taken-to-alaska-by-us-marshals-032312,0,1941984.story

"Israel Keyes, the “person of interest” in the abduction of 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig arrested earlier this month in Texas, is being transported to Alaska Friday, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

Rochelle Liedike, a spokesperson for the Alaska office of the USMS, said Friday afternoon that specifics of Keyes’ transportation -- including when he left a federal facility in Beaumont, Texas, how he’s traveling and when he’s expected to arrive -- are not being released for security reasons."

I think it's safe to assume he's traveling by plane.

So there will probably be a hearing of some kind next week? Hopefully we'll learn a little more about IK and the supposed connection to Koenig's abduction.

Another article with some new info:

"Keyes would likely travel by airplane with several stops and, perhaps, by bus at some point, Liedike said. The trip could take as long as two weeks, she said. The Marshals Service has its own set of planes to transport federal prisoners, Liedike said."

"Koenig's father, James Koenig, said Friday that the card is not his and that he doesn't know who owns the card.

"I have no idea," James Koenig said. "I'm sure it'll come out soon enough, whose card it is, but at this point I don't know and I'm not going to speculate."

When asked if he had any information on how his daughter might have known Keyes, James Koenig responded, "Sam does not know him. Period."

More here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/23/2387632/marshalls-service-begins-transport.html#storylink=cpy

Again, interesting comments at the link.

Did I read there was a video of the car break-in showing a bit of the person who stole the card? I'll look back.

Please continue at the new thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7714290#post7714290"]AK - Samantha Koenig, 18 Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500