AL - Alabama Baby Born Without a Nose, Mom Says He's Perfect

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by los2188, Apr 2, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Alabama Baby Born Without a Nose, Mom Says He's Perfect
    Eli Thompson
    [​IMG]
    https://gma.yahoo.com/alabama-baby-born-without-nose-mom-says-hes-191211877--abc-news-parenting.html

2. Loading...

3. Jan

Jan New Member

Poor baby. I'm sure plastic surgery can fix that.

4. Turtles

Turtles New Member

5. giagreen

giagreen New Member

I think he's cute as heck. Him having no nose is actually amost completely adorable.
    My heart just hurts for him because let's face it kids can be cruel and when he's like 3 or 4 others his age will have a lot of questions. But I'm optimistic that plastic surgery in some way can fix this even if he doesn't have a sinus passage he can still get a nose.
    Other than that though how freaking cute is he!?!?!?!?!

6. themom

themom New Member

The mom took Zofran throughout her pregnancy. Zofran is a pregnancy approved drug (manufactured mainly for cancer patients) given to treat nausea.
    There are lawyers contacting women who took it and had babies w birth defects, as there was a batch confirmed to cause them. I think this may be a birth defect caused by Zofran...but no idea JMO

7. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

Adorably-sweet video, as well as additional information on the condition at the link below:

"Congenital arhinia can make it hard for babies to breathe and feed; however, there have been cases in which people with the condition live into adulthood. Eli doesn’t have a nasal cavity of olfactory system either."

"However, they don’t expect to put him through any reconstructive surgeries until he’s well into puberty — the condition also affects his pituitary gland, which synthesizes and secretes many of the hormones involved with puberty."

http://www.medicaldaily.com/pulse/a...ne-197-million-what-congenital-arhinia-327788

And a FB page for Eli:

https://www.facebook.com/TimothyElisStory?fref=ts

8. Sulamith

Sulamith Active Member

Snipped from the article you posted: "And the doctor said, ‘No, he’s perfectly fine.’ Then I shouted, ‘He doesn’t have a nose!’” Brandi McGlathery told Al.com. It was a shock for both her and her husband Troy Thompson, as well as the doctor who placed Eli on her chest"

What kind of Doctor does not notice that the baby he just delivered does not have a nose!!