Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another emotional tirade: Mamas in hard places, struggling to keep the family afloat without a reliable partner all too often have to rely on less than ideal child care situations. No blame--just frustrated observation. A hate the predators that lie in wait to pounce on the most vulnerable.

How

IIRC there was another person arrested for disorderly conduct at the same time and same house as CM, so maybe that person was a witness. JMO
Really? I hadn't realized that. Could that person have been involved in some way? I'm sure we will hear if that is the case.

Last edited:
And now for LE to explore any other incidents of SA in and around this family/area.....this isn't his first rodeo if he was that bold. Ugh. MOO

EBM
<posts and comments on random facebook pages are not allowed>

I just do not get it. Why? Isn't he married? Why would assaulting a young girl be a thrill (if that happened)? I really can't see any other motive for murdering her.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is her aunts brother in law that lived next door.
Well just dammit. If so, what a perverted monster, IMO. Damm. Bless her little heart.

If so, some of us here on WS were correct -- the perpetrator was close by and he knew her and she, him. Grrrrr. Took her out in the woods -- on some pretext, perhaps? -- and left her sweet little body there. The worst. SMH.
If so, I wonder if this was the first time that he had her with him for a bad purpose. Next door neighbor. Is he why she wanted to get outta there? At least he'll never do whatever to her again.
I need to go out to the street and just scream. SMH.

Please pardon my rant. :mad::(:mad:

What a monster and an idiot. What was the point of this for him? A one-time event for him. He fulfilled whatever urge he had ONE time- the point?? And did the thought not cross his mind that he would be the first person LE would suspect? Did he think putting her in the woods behind her house was well-hidden? What a monster and an idiot. :mad:

Number one, he lied about the car that pulled up.
Also, this is a druggie dude and he was the only person there with opportunity and motive. He would be first on their radar.
Just catching up again, does anyone know if this have any priors?

ETA: obviously still catching up: saw @cybervampira post re: previous arrest for harassment. Thank you!

Last edited:
Why was LE so cryptic and cagey about info? How hard would it have been to say "We have a POI in custody and there is no immediate threat to the community."

Completely guessing here but possibly they arrested him as soon as possible on the drug charge to make sure he wouldn't run or hurt someone else and as soon as they had enough evidence to charge him with capital murder (today) they did and they shared with the community. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther