Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the location of dna can be telling. A typical passenger wouldn’t leave dna all over but it would be mostly concentrated in one seat. If a drop of Aniahs blood was found in the drivers area, that’s a plausible location. A large pool in the trunk area is not. Same with her hair, it should be concentrated in the driver area. We don’t know if the seats were put down to make a larger flat area in the back. I’m pretty sure the cr-v does not have a large cargo area, so they might be moved if a body was stored there. So many things they can tell from inside the car.

And the outside too. They can identify the type of vegetation or mud found under the vehicle and where it came from.

that car is a treasure trove of evidence.

Was her car caught on an actual video on I85 or just some kind of plate reader? Wondering if video, could the damage be seen?
Can’t seem to find a good link, but it was reported that her car was caught on a traffic light camera traveling south bound on South College Street. Don’t believe there’s any video of her car on I85. But since her car was headed toward I85 and then ended up in Montgomery, near I85, it’s assumed that she traveled on I85. Or at least her car did.

On the Mike Galanos True Crime Live show, one of the guests pointed out that there is an Auburn U satellite campus within walking distance of the Park Place apartments where Aniah’s car was found. She suggested the perp may have connections to both campuses.

No. But it wouldn't be appropriate to discuss particular apartment communities given the fact that AB has roommates that are probably terrified.
No prob just keep seeing people ask how far chevron to home. Logical conclusion based on previous postings and it’s a huge complex. I’d be more concerned if I worked at chevron since the exact location there has been identified.

Can’t seem to find a good link, but it was reported that her car was caught on a traffic light camera traveling south bound on South College Street. Don’t believe there’s any video of her car on I85. But since her car was headed toward I85 and then ended up in Montgomery, near I85, it’s assumed that she traveled on I85. Or at least her car did.
Thanks trying to determine if that camera caught the driver or passenger side of her car? If it caught the passenger side and no damage was seen ...

I know it’s been discussed, but I want to ask a question to those that have followed multiple cases here.

after watching that last live and Chief saying they believe she was harmed IN that vehicle makes it sound like to me they have blood splatter or something that indicates the dna they found originated for the first time in that vehicle. Or, they have evidence of a struggle and dna in the car? What do you think?

Just a little blood wouldn’t make me think they’d say harmed, nor someone else’s dna alone. I don’t think they are saying that she was transported in that vehicle after being harmed, correct?

I think his key words were "examination of evidence," and to me, that means waiting on test results at a lab (so I agree it would be another person's DNA or her blood, as an indicator of assault...and enough of her blood to rule out a finger cut or etc., and where it is located also significant).

Someone on social media said Aniah lives in Opileka. Have no idea if that's true. In the interview with her Mom and Walt from yesterday; I want to relisted, I don't think Walt said the gas station was just down the street from her house. I think he said just down from the brothers home. Need to clarify that.

Extremely doubtful. IMO need to focus on exits on 85 between S College and Shorter. If a person had just assaulted or killed someone and was traveling from Auburn to Montgomery they would want to dispose of the body ASAP ie Wire Road, Tuskegee, Shorter.

I agree completely! That portion of Macon County that is situated between Montgomery and Auburn is very rural and lends to that possibility for sure.

Extremely doubtful. IMO need to focus on exits on 85 between S College and Shorter. If a person had just assaulted or killed someone and was traveling from Auburn to Montgomery they would want to dispose of the body ASAP ie Wire Road, Tuskegee, Shorter.
Agreed. My first thought was the Franklin/Tuskegee exit. I have traveled that area at night and it is very "lonely". No other vehicles and few houses. Lots of dirt roads, etc.

On the Mike Galanos True Crime Live show, one of the guests pointed out that there is an Auburn U satellite campus within walking distance of the Park Place apartments where Aniah’s car was found. She suggested the perp may have connections to both campuses.

I posted on here last night that I think it could be possible whoever did this to Aniah lives in walking distance of where her car was found and that possibly more than one person is involved. I was also thinking but didn't post about it that maybe the person/persons who did this were younger and attended one of the local colleges. I didn't post about thinking maybe they were young college students because I honestly for some reason was thinking maybe the colleges were a further distance away from where the car was parked.

Someone on social media said Aniah lives in Opileka. Have no idea if that's true. In the interview with her Mom and Walt from yesterday; I want to relisted, I don't think Walt said the gas station was just down the street from her house. I think he said just down from the brothers home. Need to clarify that.

auburn and opelika are basically the same town.

I’m 99.9% sure he said she lived right past the Chevron.

I listened to it twice when it first came out for the very same thing. I concluded he says her house. Let us know what you hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502